Final Fantasy 7 on Windows 2000

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

Oh, yeah. That should be fine, I think. The only possible difficulty I can perceive is that GRUB (your bootstrap) might not take too kindly to the OS change. If that's the case, you'll know, soon enough. But seriously, don't be afraid to experiment. As long as you have your critical data backed up and you're not mucking with the BIOS, what's the worst that can happen? icon_biggrin.gif

#32 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

I do know that you can use the Ubuntu LiveCD's partitioner without installing. It's under System -> Administration -> Partition Manager, if I remember correctly.

#33 KHRiku

KHRiku

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

I don't have a live cd. Ubuntu was put on here by the guy who fixed this computer. My dad asked him to put on Windows 2000 and Ubuntu. If I'm right a live cd lets you run a OS using RAM and your CD. I made one of a different linux build and gave it to someone but I don't think it has a partitioner. But anyway with our installed Ubuntu I didn't see it where you said it should be so I'll assume I need the cd won't I? Problem is with our crappy dial up I am not going to be able to download anything like that.

#34 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

So, use ShipIt: https://shipit.ubuntu.com/login.

They'll ship you a free CD (or CDs, I always order more than one in case one is defective) without even charging you shipping. The catch is that it will take a month or two.

#35 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

Really? I tried ShipIt, worked for me in a week. I guess it depends on your location, though so... meh.

#36 KHRiku

KHRiku

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

Thanks I'm going to do that even if it takes two months thats okay I guess. I mean I can't really complain since its free now can I? I'm going on site right now to order it.

Edit: I just now filled out the order. Although I'll have to wait for it to come hopefully it will solve my problems.

Edited by KHRiku, 23 April 2008 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users