One tiny secret.

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#16 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

Just to say it, I'd have intercourse to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song. Not even joking, I totally would.

#17 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

My secret? I no longer find joy in life, and no longer like living... But I press on, just because I love Jesus.

Don't worry, I'm not suicidal.

I know, dark secret. But it's who I am now I guess. I used to find joy in everything in life, but it's all gotten to complicated and painful.

Edited by trucky5, 26 January 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#18 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(Naldrag @ Jan 25 2011, 09:32 PM) View Post

Just to say it, I'd have intercourse to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song. Not even joking, I totally would.

There is a fine line between "tiny secret" and "too much information."

My dark secret? The location of the bodies.

#19 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Ah, thought of something else. Most people can crack their knuckles, but I can crack my elbows, various parts of my palm, inner ear and eyeballs. It's kind of gross when you really think about it.

#20 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Jan 25 2011, 11:55 PM) View Post
Ah, thought of something else. Most people can crack their knuckles, but I can crack my elbows, various parts of my palm, inner ear and eyeballs. It's kind of gross when you really think about it.
Uhh... You can only "crack" joints. I dunno what you're doing to your eyeballs and inner ears, but it ain't cracking them. icon_freak.gif

#21 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(Naldrag @ Jan 25 2011, 09:32 PM) View Post

NOTE: Condom joke in the spoiler.
Spoiler

Okay seriously:

I know I talk about Death Metal a lot, but tbh, I only listen to a handful of death metal bands: Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Napalm Death, Death, Morbid Angel...that's about it.

I'm more into Power Metal. Kamelot ftw <3.

And that's my secret.

#22 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Jan 26 2011, 12:02 AM) View Post
Uhh... You can only "crack" joints. I dunno what you're doing to your eyeballs and inner ears, but it ain't cracking them. icon_freak.gif

Yeah...yeah I know. Maybe not exactly cracking, but it has a similar effect with a creepy/annoying noise and all. I don't do it anymore though, I scared myself after my left eye started moving slower than the right for a few days.

#23 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

My deep-dark secret? I have never started a quest. Ever. Idk why, but I have never had the time, nor do I know how to really make a quest. Or even start one.

#24 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

Well, okay, let's have a go at it. Here's a harmless secret that I nonetheless avoid telling people about. I'll explain why below.

I collect fake roses. It's an unusual hobby for a guy, but I sorta fell into it. You see, when I was a teen I went on a trip to Hawaii. Right before we left my girlfriend broke up with me. As a teen, I was all mopey and bought her a cool "shell rose" on the trip. By the time I got back I realized I shouldn't be getting her gifts, and I thought "this thing is cool. I'm keeping it."

Later on, I encountered other fake roses made of interesting materials, and decided to start collecting them. I now also have roses made of silk, feathers, glass, leather, and tin, among others.

The reason I keep it quiet:
Actually, in general, I don't want people marking roses down as a "gift idea" for me. I prefer to be selective about what roses I collect. I'm not by nature someone who normally collects things, and I keep my fake rose collection sparse (all in one vase). For the most part I only have one rose for each type of novel material, and I try to only buy ones of quality that look a lot like real roses from a few feet away.

These days, it's pretty rare that I find a new addition to my collection. But I have a few duplicates, and they make great gifts.

QUOTE(Naldrag @ Jan 25 2011, 07:32 PM) View Post

Hmmm. Did you get that idea from XKCD?...

QUOTE(Evile @ Jan 25 2011, 07:28 PM) View Post
Uhh, I wear women's pants. I just find them much more comfortable, nice and tight. I find loose pants uncomfortable. It's not really that much of a secret though, most my friends know and don't care, they just think its kinda weird, but I'm weird anyways.

I've heard of this before. Supposedly, most guys who wear "skinny jeans" wear women's styles. I'm not sure whether I believe this, though, because I don't think it's necessary to resort to women's styles merely to get a smaller size, unless you can only find tight men's jeans in cowboy styles.

But heck, if you're doing it for comfort, go for it. Just make sure they aren't too tight in the... er... groin area. That's bad for you.

Personally, I'm just the opposite. Sorta. I don't like loose JEANS, per se, but I find cargo pants to be extremely comfortable.

#25 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Jan 25 2011, 08:55 PM) View Post

I crack my ankles. And I can't help it. At random times, something happens (I think the doctor said the ligament gets caught on a bone spur I have) and I make this huge cracking noise with every step I make. Not so much of a secret in real life (since it happens half the time I'm around anybody), but I don't think I ever mentioned it here.

Mind explaining how cracking your inner ear works? icon_eek.gif

#26 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 26 2011, 01:22 AM) View Post
I crack my ankles. And I can't help it. At random times, something happens (I think the doctor said the ligament gets caught on a bone spur I have) and I make this huge cracking noise with every step I make. Not so much of a secret in real life (since it happens half the time I'm around anybody), but I don't think I ever mentioned it here.

Mind explaining how cracking your inner ear works? icon_eek.gif

Funny how I cracked my ankle exactly when I was reading that. My right wrist will sometimes do that too, where whenever I move it it'll start to make cracking sounds. I don't know if you want to know how to crack your inner ears, if you do it more than once or twice it sorta' temporarily distorts your hearing for a while. But you kind do it by putting your jaw in certain positions and then moving the muscles around in that general area. I dunno, it's kind of complicated. They eye thing works by blinking and then moving your eye in different directions to get it to "crack" at different places. For me the closer to the bottom/closer to the nose part of the eye makes the biggest noise, whereas the opposite side makes the smallest.

#27 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

A secret, huh? Let's see.

I have a very open mind. So much that sometimes, my opinions, thoughts and whatever can change completely, very quickly. It's actually turned out to be a problem every now and then, as it sometimes confuses people as to why I suddenly have a completely different opinion/thought than I did earlier. Luckily, it usually takes some time for stuff like this to just change, but it does happen, and often too... a similar problem I have is the fact that I am very easily misunderstood, due to how I'm not always so good explaining things quickly, which often results in me either speaking for long periods of time (or making really long posts) about one subject. And another problem that directly involves the last one is when I talk/write longer pieces, they can often get confusing, and sometimes it's hard for other people to understand exactly what I mean, which again has resulted in waaaay to many misunderstandings/problems, both here and in my "real life".

It only seems to happen when I talk though (or post), and not when I am say, writing a review, or working on my book/game whatever.

There's even actually a good reason why I'm telling you guys this specific secret, and that's because of certain recent... events, let's just say. It'd be very good for me, and everyone else if it was kept in mind, plus the fact that I'm not actually a native speaker of English, and even though I'm understandable most of the time, every now and then, mistakes happen, and sometimes, these mistakes can lead to even more misunderstandings and problems that wouldn't have happened otherwise. It's a sad truth, but a truth nonetheless. All I can do is make the best of it.

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Jan 25 2011, 10:43 PM) View Post

I don't know if you want to know how to crack your inner ears, if you do it more than once or twice it sorta' temporarily distorts your hearing for a while. But you kind do it by putting your jaw in certain positions and then moving the muscles around in that general area. I dunno, it's kind of complicated.

Oh, that. I can do that. I think. I always figured it was just those tubes between your mouth and inner ear opening to equalize the pressure. Maybe I was wrong, unless that's something different.

#29 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Jan 25 2011, 01:00 PM) View Post
And, (If no one gets offended) I don't really feel attracted to the opposite sex... icon_neutral.gif

Okay, never feel ashamed about that. It's like being left- versus right-handed. Why should your existence offend anybody? I'm gay, and it's not easy, but the less guilty I feel and the less worried I am about offending others, the happier I become.

My little secret: I don't care for bacon. I'll eat it if it comes on my plate, but I never crave it.

#30 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jan 26 2011, 12:48 AM) View Post

Hmmm. Did you get that idea from XKCD?...

Why yes, yes I did. I found it humorous and thought... "I'd totally do that."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users