ultra "rare" gold zelda cartridge

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 catfriedrice

catfriedrice

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

50 bucks the final boss isn't purple. The guy obviously doesn't know... since I emailed him during the bidding and asked. he said he never beat it.
  • Demonlink likes this

#32 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Wow. Who in their right mind would pay that much for having Ganon be purple? Blue Ganon looks cooler anyway. icon_razz.gif

#33 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

Oh cool. Now I have something to spend my 10,000 bucks on. After the solid gold toilet seat, I didn't know what else to buy!

#34 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

Alright, I just gotta say something here. My dad is an insane stamp collector, so I know a bit about how this kind of stuff works. It seems that if something is abnormal in any way, the worth of it will skyrocket. For example, the rarest and most valuable stamp in the world is the Jenny Invert. Only 1 sheet of 100 was ever made. It's just an upside-down plane, yet whenever one is sold, it goes for hundreds of thousands of dollars.. Same goes for this Zelda cart. Ganon's just a different color, yet look at that price.

Edited by Beta Link, 11 March 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#35 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Mar 11 2010, 06:20 PM) View Post

Alright, I just gotta say something here. My dad is an insane stamp collector, so I know a bit about how this kind of stuff works. It seems that if something is abnormal in any way, the worth of it will skyrocket. For example, the rarest and most valuable stamp in the world is the Jenny Invert. It's just an upside-down plane, yet whenever one is sold, it goes for thousands of dollars. Same goes for this Zelda cart. Ganon's just a different color, yet look at that price.

It may be true that there are coin collectors and stamp collectors, but there is a huge base of them, and that's where certain stamps or coins draw their value from. Inverted Jennies and 1943 copper cents are well known, while I have NEVER seen anybody refer to a certain edition of Zelda as being a collectors' piece. There are video game collectors, but rare games are rare games and errors in certain editions of mainstream games do not give them magical value.

#36 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

I'm going to go out on a lime and say there's no way that anyone would pay $9999.99 for a zelda nes game, so it's gotta be fake.

#37 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

I disagree. I think there is somebody foolish enough to do almost anything. Idiocy's bounds are only limited by what a human being is physically capable of doing. If one has that amount of capital resources, then it is completely possible.

#38 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(catfriedrice @ Mar 11 2010, 08:05 PM) View Post

actually it's suppose to look like this:

IPB Image

That would be two minor defects then. A)Ganon is purple and purple rather than red and blue B)The room is also purple with blue statues. I'd also say that Link is gold but that was a mistake catfriedrice made when recreating it in ZQuest. As is Link having the Master Sword rather than the Magical.

#39 catfriedrice

catfriedrice

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(Banjo7J @ Mar 12 2010, 11:20 AM) View Post

That would be two minor defects then. A)Ganon is purple and purple rather than red and blue B)The room is also purple with blue statues. I'd also say that Link is gold but that was a mistake catfriedrice made when recreating it in ZQuest. As is Link having the Master Sword rather than the Magical.

It's already appearing on craigslist though icon_razz.gif
http://portland.crai...1640338688.html

#40 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(catfriedrice @ Mar 12 2010, 02:55 PM) View Post

It's already appearing on craigslist though icon_razz.gif
http://portland.crai...1640338688.html

it got flag'd

Edited by Siguy, 12 March 2010 - 04:24 PM.

#41 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

That's so stupid. I bought my gold cartridge of the original Legend of Zelda for NES for $15. And that was after shipping. The actual thing was around $7. If it's really worth $10000, then I just made the greatest investment ever. And let me tell you, I have never made a good investment.

Also, I like how in their statement they don't capitalize "I" when referring to themselves.

#42 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ Mar 12 2010, 04:48 PM) View Post
That's so stupid. I bought my gold cartridge of the original Legend of Zelda for NES for $15. And that was after shipping. The actual thing was around $7. If it's really worth $10000, then I just made the greatest investment ever. And let me tell you, I have never made a good investment.
... You do realize it's because Ganon's supposedly "purple" in this cartridge, right? Not just because it's gold? *points at pretty much the thread's entirety*

#43 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

You know...I still wonder if this isn't really a bootleg. I mean, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that when the illegitimate party dumped the ROM of the legit cart, it checked out when it really did have a few minute errors (such as a wrong bit causing a palette change). Then when they make the fake carts and pass them off as Nintendo's all the carts have that error.

The only way to verify that Nintendo or its licensed subsidiaries really DID in fact manufacture that particular cart would probably be to verify it with the serial # database they presumably keep.

Edited by Eurysilas, 12 March 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#44 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Eurysilas @ Mar 12 2010, 05:24 PM) View Post
The only way to verify that Nintendo or its licensed subsidiaries really DID in fact manufacture that particular cart would probably be to verify it with the serial # database they presumably keep.

And it's not as if Nintendo, being the huge impenetrable corporate black monolith they are, would readily verify the serial numbers to confirm something like this.

Edited by Siguy, 12 March 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#45 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

EXACTLY, Siguy. They'd want you to "send it in" under some pretense. After which it never sees the light of day again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users