Photo

Screenshot of the Week 525

Joelmacool12 FalsePower RedTribeLink Eddy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 525 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:27 PM

Joelmacool12

Joelmacool12.png

Run away! Monsters took over!

FalsePower

FalsePower.png

"Link roams the halls of the forgotten citadel under the village. What treasures did the people who built this abandoned temple hide?"

RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink.png

Hmm, it seems you can go under the wall towards the south.  I wonder where this leads?

Eddy

Eddy.png

Amy prepares herself to enter Rolling Ridge from the south, in the Forest of Time.

• Joelmacool and Joaish (RedTribeLink) like this

#2 FalsePower

FalsePower

Hero of the space-time continuum

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

Wow, great job to the other three entrees. You guys are definitely going to give me a run for my money.

I'm not going to vote on a contest that I've entered, but I'm really digging RedTribeLink's.
Good luck to you guys.

• Eddy and Joaish (RedTribeLink) like this

#3 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

FalsePower: Your screenshot looks very awesome. A good mix between DOR:Hybrid and a LTTP Link that I once used in the earlier versions of my quest project.

No critics for you. You have my vote.
  • FalsePower likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Oh man, this is gonna be a tough competition. I really feel like the odd one out here XD

Joelmacool12 - Once again, you've managed to make another amazing screen using this tileset. I got no criticisms other than the fact that the screen seems a bit to cluttered up (though I can't say much, my one kind of is too :P)

FalsePower - Like I said from the last time I've seen this, I really like this screenshot. It seems really different from the usual fire dungeons many people make in their quests.

RedTribeLink - I love the neat touch of having a waterfall fall into the room from the ceiling. Kinds of detail like that really enhance the screen. Other than that, it looks pretty cool. I do notice that the tiles on the corners of the screen look kinda weird in comparison to the walls, almost as if it's another level you can walk on, though I doubt that's really what they're there for.

Eddy - Oracle of Ages again, -3/10 I am disappoint. (I guess I could also mention to not make any note of that time on the top right corner, it doesn't take 7 hours to get to that point, trust me lel)

If I didn't submit, I probably would've voted for FalsePower or Joelmacool, with RedTribeLink just slightly in 2nd. Great job to you three :D

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

Joel got my vote again. He is great with Demonlink's update on the DOR tileset.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#6 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

Wow I really liked all of the submissions this week I had to go with FalsePower though.

Joelmacool12- I really liked this screen there isn't anything I would really change about It you were my second place the only reason I picked FalsePower this week was because I was feeling like warm colors today.

FalsePower-I really like this screen I don't know what it is about it but it looks really good

RedTribeLink- This was also a very good screen the only thing I didn't like was the water fall coming down over the dungeon door it looks kind of strange to me.

Eddy- I really like GB screens, they are my favorite, the only thing that I would change about yours is the palette.

• Eddy likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:56 AM

Eddy- I really like GB screens, they are my favorite, the only thing that I would change about yours is the palette.

Thanks! Though I'm probably going to keep the palette the way it is, since it is a Labrynna Present palette, and I'm kinda making an Oracle of Ages remake, so it would make sense to use that palette instead of anything else :P Thanks for the suggestion though.

#8 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:37 AM

im going redtribelink here, simply by the subscreen layout shown....because it pretty much decided my vote since all the map screens were so good equally.

• Joaish (RedTribeLink) likes this

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

Joel - Looks pretty good.  While a typical setting, it has a good mix of things going on.  I don't find it too cluttered, I am a little confused about what is going on at the bottom of the screen, but that seems very dependent on knowing what is in the screen south of it.
FalsePower - Interesting setting.  The debris on the floor area does help break the monotony of the tiles a little.  The rough edge before the bridge is also a detail to appreciate, which I almost missed.
RedTribeLink - A well detailed and well planned dungeon screen.  While the graphics aren't as flashy as some of the others, which is okay, I do like the attention to detail.  The wall trimmings are a nice addition too.
Eddy - Detailed well and full of purpose.  Just bring your hookshot, I think.

A difficult choice, but I went with RedTribeLink.  While all four are certainly complete screens with good attention to detail, I find this one to have the least amount of awkwardness to it.

• Eddy and Joaish (RedTribeLink) like this

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

Eddy - Detailed well and full of purpose.  Just bring your hookshot, I think.

Thanks! And yes, you need the Hookshot. No love for the Switch Hook in this quest sadly :P

#11 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

This week my vote go to Joel,  the screenshot is nice, colorfull and he captured the moment where the arrow of the moblin seem thrown against the red octrock

#12 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

For the record, I say Joel is my #2 and FalsePower is my #3 since it was so close for me to decide.

#13 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Joel - as usual, nice non-blocky use of nature tiles. I love tilesets that break through the 16x16 look, and you and Jared are top designers in that regard. Also, great perspective on the ladder.

FalsePower - looks a lot like that one near-last dungeon in Link Between Worlds. One of my favs.

RedTribeLink - nice spin on the SNES look. I like the lower-level walk-under in particular. The waterfall is a good idea, but the perspective makes it look like it just got laid on top of the image after it was taken.

Eddy - am more disappoint, -5/0. It does look like a fun layout though, and that's pretty good ground detail for classic-ish tiles.

Super-tough call, but went with Joel.

You know, I'm always surprised how many people come up with screens that have so many well-rounded features. I like to think I'm pretty good with overall map design and progression, but I never seem to come with "that one screen" that would ever make a good entry into these things.

• Eddy likes this

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

Eddy - am more disappoint, -5/0. It does look like a fun layout though, and that's pretty good ground detail for classic-ish tiles.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :D

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

With 35.42% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 525 is Joelmacool12!

Joelmacool12.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Joelmacool12 (17 votes [35.42%])

- FalsePower (16 votes [33.33%])
-  RedTribeLink (9 votes [18.75%])
- Eddy (6 votes [12.50%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joelmacool12, FalsePower, RedTribeLink, Eddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users