• Members

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

https://youtu.be/WDaAEglXNvA

I've done a second episode.

#77 gameusurper

gameusurper

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

Man, if I wasn't right in the middle of another ZC quest right now, I would for sure try this one. I love Greek mythology and anything about it, so this looks to be right up my alley. Going by what little I've read here (I didn't look in the spoilers), it seems that there is some modern and futuristic stuff thrown in too. Is that right?

May I make a suggestion for a future update of this?

I see that all the items you list in the first post have Greek god's names attached to them, except three: Forgery Hammer, Trident, and Winged Sandals. Well, and Ambrosia Potion, but since that's a consumable that makes sense. But even that name is Greek myth themed as ambrosia was the food of the gods. Might I suggest having those others associated with three gods you've yet to use, like so: Hephaestus' Hammer (he was the god of the forge and smithing), Poseidon's Trident (the trident was his personal weapon), and Hermes' Sandals (the messenger god, known for being very fleet of foot) or Poseidon's Boots (since I assume they are the ones that let you walk on water). That way, you keep all the main items associated with a respective god that makes sense. Just a thought.

Also, if you have the Magic Beans in your game, you could associate them with Demeter as well since she is known for her relation with plants, agriculture, and the harvest (since they grow vines, too). Plutus (the Greek god of wealth, also related to the word plutocracy - rule by the wealthy) might make sense for larger Wallets as well if you have them. But since he is Demeter's son in some accounts, using her for the wallet makes sense too (she is more well known, and a good harvest was seen as great wealth as well).

This looks awesome and I will definitely check it out next. I am new to ZC and just found it a few days ago when I discovered a few YouTubers playing the game I'm playing now (Link & Zelda: Panoply of Calatia in case you're wondering). I want to avoid any spoilers for your game though till I can get to it so I haven't watched anybody yet (including you). I watched the first few dungeons of PoC and wanted to try it myself so I had a bit of a head start in that regard. And I will definitely write a review for Prometheus once I complete it and possibly a critique, and can offer bug reports as I go along. I know nothing about the ZC program though, so I will only be able to go by what I experience in the game. Hope that is fine.

Edited by gameusurper, 18 November 2018 - 11:47 PM.

#78 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:44 AM

That is fine, I love getting feedback so I know where I can improve in the future. Hope you enjoy it when you get around to it. The quest is very open. You can get to most of the overworld after level 1.

I did have more ideas for the quest, but since I wanted to use just the main program for the game, there's only a few things entire quest that are scripted.

I look forward to your playthrough.

#79 oloasp

oloasp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

Where is level 5? I have the hookshot and the hammer, but can't figure out where to go next

#80 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

Where is level 5? I have the hookshot and the hammer, but can't figure out where to go next

Spoiler

• oloasp likes this

#81 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

I can't figure out the maze path to get to Lv 6... I've looked multiple times at the screen in the Gorgon's Den, and I still can't figure it out...

#82 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:09 PM

I figured it out, but I also noticed a strange bug, as well: If, for whatever reason, someone decides to go to the artifact room in the mall, and you F6 continue... you're perma-stuck in the top-left corner in the artifact room and unable to continue.  I was curious if there was a warp exit (like most quests), and when I didn't see one, I F6'd.  Got stuck.  Didn't expect that, and lost a lot of progress (all of Lv 6)  ...next time, I think I'll save.

#83 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

Hmmm. Never tried to do that before. I know in testing someone had that happen in level 6.

I'll have to just move some continue squares in all of the artifact rooms.

Thanks for letting me know.

#84 gameusurper

gameusurper

• Members

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:37 AM

So...I know I said I wasn't going to start up Prometheus until after finishing my current quest, but I actually decided to pause my playthrough of Panoply of Calatia and start up this one. I couldn't resist. Curiosity got the best of me. A Zelda-like quest that features neither Link nor Zelda and instead one of my favorite mythologies. Yes please. Sign me up.

Where I'm at so far:

So far I have beaten Levels 1 & 2 and mapped most of the Overworld (all but about two columns worth of area). I haven't uncovered most of the 'F' column, what I am assuming is an island in the center, and a few odd screens here and there. Now by ‘mapped’ I mean I'm mapping it my own personal way with an Excel spreadsheet as I explore. I'm making each cell an individual screen, labeling each with the area name, typing in important items (like olives or cucumbers – and whether I’ve gotten it or not), important landmarks, things you can interact with or that block your progress (or ability to get an item), and coloring each cell according to the area it belongs to. 

I have also found Levels 3, 4, 5, and 7. I have a good idea where 6 and 8 could be (given the as of yet unexplored regions on my map), and I have no idea where Level 9 could be (though I have a guess).

I also think I have at least discovered (if not accidentally wandered into and subsequently been utterly destroyed in) most of the mini-dungeons. These are the ones I've found so far:

Spoiler

What I am doing to help:

I am creating a Word document that is slowly but surely getting filled with every observed bug, grammar/spelling error, and just generally odd behavior I've experienced with the game so far, all neatly categorized by the area I observed each bug, error, or behavior in, with sections for each map region (including the screen coordinate if needed), each main dungeon, and each mini-dungeon. I am also considering providing screenshots to make it easier to pinpoint everything. I am also going to include some opinions on certain design choices you made that I either thought were good or that I didn't necessarily agree with.

I was wondering, how would be the best way to get this document to you once I am finished with the quest? I am new to this forum and don't know if there is a way to upload files to it to be viewed or downloaded. Is there? Or would it be better if I just transferred all my findings into individual posts on here so they are public and others can corroborate, collaborate, and comment on them in hopes of helping you squash as many bugs and errors as possible, and maybe give their own opinions?

Overall, I am REALLY digging this quest. Here are some notable things I like about it so far:

Spoiler

I also like your music choices for some of the areas. In particular, Kentri Forest, Svino Village, and the Commode Mall being the three standouts. I also liked a few of the tracks in the mini-dungeons (I forget which ones), but I got to spend so little time in most of those before I got my ass handed to me to appreciate them fully.

I also like how populated your world is. Playing an older Zelda type game, you don't expect it to be so densely populated, with only maybe half a dozen villagers of importance in each town and a few caves here and there with nobody of any significance occupying them (mainly just a place to get coins or items).

Now, some of the not so great things (my opinion of course).

Spoiler

Major Music Bug:

Also, I thought I would mention the most jarring bug I've come across so far. There is a major bug with the music in the two rooms of the Thunder Shipyard I've been able to access that makes it only play the first second or two of the music and then constantly repeats itself. I know that it shouldn't do that because the track in the music folder is a whole 2:05 in length (and sounds really nice), so there definitely seems to be an issue with the playback or something. It sounds horribly jarring the way it is currently.

So, that is it for now. There are tons of things I've found but will wait to post them till you let me know how you want to do this. If you can get back to me and tell me how you would like me to get you all the bug, grammar/spelling error, and other info I am collecting for this once I am done with it, that would be great. Thanks.

Edited by gameusurper, 22 November 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#85 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

Yeah. I was going so much for the Zelda 1 feel that I just didn't block off very much at all. It's really easy to just walk into new areas. It will get a little bit tougher to deal with things late game when you get to higher levels. But when you are at the appropriate level it will be much easier.

I do feel like I probably was too kind with drops and having so many potions just lying around. I wanted to include a person who would buy your potions from you but I got lazy. All those areas you mentioned are indeed dungeons, not all mini dungeons though.

The music bug is new. I had heard of the bug before, but I thought I already fixed it. Strange. I'll look into the file. I might be able to fix it and help you update the quest.

After making this quest, I don't really want to make anything this open in the future.

As for the Word Document, you can attach a file to your post here, I believe. Otherwise, you can send it to me in an email.

shoshontheelegant7@gmail.com

#86 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

I was wondering, how would be the best way to get this document to you once I am finished with the quest? I am new to this forum and don't know if there is a way to upload files to it to be viewed or downloaded. Is there? Or would it be better if I just transferred all my findings into individual posts on here so they are public and others can corroborate, collaborate, and comment on them in hopes of helping you squash as many bugs and errors as possible, and maybe give their own opinions?

Such things as documents (whether resources, quests, or literal Word documents) are typically posted to file storage sites like Google Drive and then linked to in a post or private message here. This particular software allows attachments, but the feature is disabled, as it's beyond the scope of this site's bandwidth capacity.

But honestly, if it's just text, it's probably best posted to a forum message so everybody can interact with it. Occasionally I'll use Word documents when I have more images for reference than the forum will allow to be posted (30 images per post is the limit, IIRC), but otherwise, open discussion is best discussion.

Regarding gameplay, I do agree it was pretty brutal murder-fest at first. But somewhere beyond the second level, a lot of the powerups and health items began rolling in, and it became fairly fun and openly explorable afterward.

My game's been on hold for about a month after I decided to do an expo-rush for another project of mine, but I'll be returning to it in a few weeks. I think you'll like Level 7, the factory one. It was my favorite so far. Really sleek look and great sense of depth. I'll want to play that one again some time.

#87 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

Yeah. Level 7 was the best. Maybe it would have worked best if it had really opened up after level 2 instead of being able to go anywhere from the beginning.

#88 oloasp

oloasp

• Members

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

So now I'm stuck in level 6. Got the bracelet, went down to the level were you get a sword, walked up another staircase, walked around and reached a plate on the ground that doesn't seem to do anything (one screen above the stairs I came up through). What am I missing?

#89 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

You have to go around to reach the plate I know. Then it should drop some trees. But you need a stone fragment from the screen south of the staircase you came up in in the swamp area.

#90 oloasp

oloasp

• Members

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:44 AM

Is this where I should get the stone fragment? Or is the swamp area somewhere else? I haven't been able to trigger something here.

Edit: My attached image apparently didn't show up.

Anyway, south of the staircase on the same level as the pressure plate is a small grey thing that doesnt seem to trigger anything for me

Edited by oloasp, 24 November 2018 - 03:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users