Phantom Hourglass Combat System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

I was just curious if it is possible with the help of scripts to make a combat system like seen in PH. Than I asked Joe and he told me it is indeed possible. Now, I am the greatest n00b in terms of scripting, but I can imagine that it will be A LOT of work.

The systems works a bit like this: you use the mouse to wield the sword. Crappy discription, I know, but I have video for you =). Here you go: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related . In boss battles and the like you also could you a 'rub' function with the stylus. That would be cool, too.

Such a script would revoloute ZC. Just imagine how great a quest would be with such a combat system. I nerver played PH myself, but I can imagine, that it is a great system.

Now, I actually do not believe, that anyone is ever willing to make this script. It sounds like a lot of hard work. But this thread is here to make our suggestions, I just made mine.

If you are excited about it or want to say anything about it, fell free.

So, all you great scripters, here is your challenge icon_wink.gif !

#2 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Zelda Classic doesn't take touch screens. =P

Seriously, I think that system could be done via the new mouse input functions in the newest builds.

EDIT- The prob is that there is no Mouse Clicking Input functions... :S

Edited by lucas92, 25 May 2009 - 08:05 PM.

#3 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(lucas92 @ May 26 2009, 02:31 AM) View Post

Zelda Classic doesn't take touch screens. =P

Seriously, I think that system could be done via the new mouse input functions in the newest builds.

EDIT- The prob is that there is no Mouse Clicking Input functions... :S

Yes, I know that is no Clicking system, but it actually wouldn't be needed, if you replace the direction keys with the Mouse. Otherwise you would need 3 hands to play it, though: one for A/B/L/R, one for the key directions and one for the Mouse. So the script should direct Link via the Mouse. And than for example to talk to a NPC, go place the Mouse cursor on the NPC and than click 'L'. To wield the sword you place the mouse on a monster and press 'A'. To use the candle you just press 'B'. To perform a roll you press 'R'. Than you could even make Link able to wield the sword while he's running. Of course the Mouse can be used for other things like the directable boomerang or the 'rub' function in combat. Choosing an item on the subscreen will need to place the curosor over the item and press 'A' or 'B'.

I bet this really is a lot of work. But maybe someone wants to try it. I think it will be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users