Photo

Screenshot of the Week 217

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 217 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Cameron

Cameron

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

For all of you wondering, "What is this?!?" I felt like submitting something so my name could be somewhere (hey you can't balme noobs like me icon_wink.gif ).
But on a more serious note I didn't really like any of the shots except Ebola Zaire's. I would've given it my vote had I not entered. hehe

#17 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(XxGamasterxX @ Jun 30 2008, 04:05 PM) View Post

For all of you wondering, "What is this?!?" I felt like submitting something so my name could be somewhere (hey you can't balme noobs like me icon_wink.gif ).
But on a more serious note I didn't really like any of the shots except Ebola Zaire's. I would've given it my vote had I not entered. hehe

Hey, that's fine. If anything you're braver than I was when I was a noob... Two weeks ago was my first SotW submission ever, and I've been here for several years. The whole time I didn't want to enter because I was afraid I'd lose. But now I'm losing big-time, but the one who put me in my place was a good friend, and I'm like, "Hey, it doesn't matter, this is still fun and exciting."

I commend you, my friend... You're someone who's dived right into the festivities here at PZC head first. I could only survive by taking it really really slowly. You're more of a man than I am... icon_smile.gif

#18 Cameron

Cameron

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jul 1 2008, 01:03 AM) View Post

Hey, that's fine. If anything you're braver than I was when I was a noob... Two weeks ago was my first SotW submission ever, and I've been here for several years. The whole time I didn't want to enter because I was afraid I'd lose. But now I'm losing big-time, but the one who put me in my place was a good friend, and I'm like, "Hey, it doesn't matter, this is still fun and exciting."

I commend you, my friend... You're someone who's dived right into the festivities here at PZC head first. I could only survive by taking it really really slowly. You're more of a man than I am... icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

#19 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

It was between Ebola and Schwa. I chose Ebola. Other shots were OK, just seems like random screens though.

#20 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

billy ronald
No complaints about the design of the screen, but graphically, it wasn't exciting.

blaman
The building's roof looks really odd to me, for some reason. The screen as a whole wasn't awful, but like billy ronald's, wasn't exciting.

Bowser Blanchette
Is that some sort of Escher illusion on the right hand of the screen with that waterfall dropping into the lake it fell from? The screen was too undetailed and empty.

Ebola Zaire
Bliss. Shadows, colors, detail. *votes*

XxGamasterxX
Meh. The corners of a screen look weird when there's no object there.

Schwa
Pretty nice. I wish I could see the snow in motion.

EDIT: After looking at the voting, this might be the most lopsided contest SOTW has ever had. icon_eek.gif

Edited by nicklegends, 02 July 2008 - 04:00 PM.

#21 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

I vote for Ebola Zaire Nice use of the tiles. The water in that shot is something to look at all day.

#22 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

I couldn't decide between Ebola and Schwa. So I did eni meni mini mo. Schwa won. icon_smile.gif

#23 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

billy ronald - 6/10
It's okay. Those cliffs can still look more interesting, though.

blaman - 7/10
Not bad. Trees look alright, but I don't know if they are the best fit with that castle exterior. I like the choice of stone exterior along with the way you shaped the parapet. I wonder if there is a better parapet floor to go with those stone walls, though.

Bowser Blanchette - 5/10
Something about the waterfall and the boulder blockade looks awkward. As for the rest of the screen, there isn't much detail.

Ebola Zaire - 9/10
Awesomeness! Everything about this screen is so well put together that to mention all of them individually would overkill the point. As for the bridge, that is one of the best I have ever seen being used. That water is new to me too, and it's amazing. The river bank fits in perfectly with it. It is breathtaking. Oh, and the subscreen part is fantastic too.

XxGamasterxX - 5/10
It's not that interesting. Basically, it looks like it started with the one grass tile all over and stuff was just added to it. You knew what to look for one by one, but your heart wasn't into the whole package.

Schwa - 7/10
While you don't win on the most advanced of the graphics choices (which isn't really that important in my mind despite my temptations), the detail and effort put into the screen looks like it only falls short of Ebola Zaire's. Nice ground details. The snow seems to fit in perfectly with the color scheme of the rest of the screen. The same goes with the clouds. Great usage of multiple shades of grey.

#24 Questwizard

Questwizard

The Moldorm Guy

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:43 AM

Wow. I would have expected a few better ones this week, but here goes:

billy ronald: The design is OK, but it just needs more details. 6/10

blaman: Live the castle walls and the tree colors, but the castle is just a bit undetailed compared to the rest of the screen. Overall, not a bad shot though. 7.5/10

Bowser Blanchette: First thing that catches my attention is the waterfall. It looks weird being used like that. It doesn't look like there's any elevation at all where its coming from. I'd use plain water tiles there instead. Might wan't to give the ground a bit of detail as well. Also, add a couple mountain layers in the top left. It feels really empty and boring there. 6/10

Ebola Zaire: This one was awesome. Everything is well detailed, and fits together perfectly. I seriously can't find anything to complain about in this one. Definitely worthy of a perfect 10. 10/10: Gets my vote any day.

XxGamasterxX: The screen design is awful. Fill in those corners so it doesn't feel so empty. Also, the grass isn't used
properly, and lacks much detail other than the few leaves and flowers scattered about. The treehouse is kinda nice though. 5/10

Schwa: The mountain colors are a bit awkward going from a medium gray straight to black. They could use a little bit more contrast. Other than that, its a pretty nice shot. 7.5/10

Edited by Questwizard88, 06 July 2008 - 12:44 AM.

#25 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Ebola completely crushed this week's competition, I think he set a new record for amount of votes. Congrats. icon_smile.gif

SotW 218 is suppose to start today, but I don't have a single entry so far.

#26 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

I'll send one in! Hang on a second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users