The Forgotten Land

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#136 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

Dont seem to be able to get the boss key in Ocean Temple. You need the ladder, but the ladder is nowhere to be found in this level?

Oops - false alarm

Edited by soxfan2k4, 27 February 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#137 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Where's the big wallet? LOL...256 rupees for the power bracelet. Can't find the wallet anywhere and I have had 255 rupees forever now.

EDIT: Thanks for the PM vravelo, I got it.

Edited by I_Am_Skum, 08 April 2011 - 03:19 PM.

#138 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

I found the book of fire, but have yet to find the wand. I think I may have missed it in a previous dungeon. Can anyone give me a hint because I am stuck at the moment? There was one room in the dungeon before this that I could not get to at all. I bombed or attempted to walk thru the walls of every room around it, but could not get in. Maybe it's there?

#139 Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(I_Am_Skum @ Apr 8 2011, 03:15 PM) View Post

There was one room in the dungeon before this that I could not get to at all. I bombed or attempted to walk thru the walls of every room around it, but could not get in. Maybe it's there?
Well, not knowing where you are when you say this, all I can help you with is this.
The Wand is in the Dungeon that the Book was. Look in the north west section of that dungeon.

#140 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

Thanks, I'll hopefully figure it out. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere else in the sky dungeon, but I'll check again.

EDIT: I found it...had to push some blocks around in another room to get to it. Thanks for letting me know it was here so I didn't give up and start searching all of Hyrule.

Hopefully last question. I am in the bottom left of Ganon's Fortress and these is a room with two grapple locations and a giant block in the middle of the room. I have tried everything I have to destroy that block, including using my last superbomb. Any ideas on how to get past it?

Edited by I_Am_Skum, 09 April 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#141 Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(I_Am_Skum @ Apr 9 2011, 12:06 AM) View Post

Thanks, I'll hopefully figure it out. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere else in the sky dungeon, but I'll check again.

EDIT: I found it...had to push some blocks around in another room to get to it. Thanks for letting me know it was here so I didn't give up and start searching all of Hyrule.

Hopefully last question. I am in the bottom left of Ganon's Fortress and these is a room with two grapple locations and a giant block in the middle of the room. I have tried everything I have to destroy that block, including using my last superbomb. Any ideas on how to get past it?
This has been answered here somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
Stand above that block and whistle.

#142 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

Thanks, Ford. I finally finished it and it was a great quest aside from some bugs and places where you were forced to continue. Level 9 was insane.

EDIT: How do you comment on and/or rate a quest? I click View/Add Comments but don't see where I can add anything.

Edited by I_Am_Skum, 12 April 2011 - 11:41 PM.

#143 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE(I_Am_Skum @ Apr 12 2011, 11:32 PM) View Post

Thanks, Ford. I finally finished it and it was a great quest aside from some bugs and places where you were forced to continue. Level 9 was insane.

EDIT: How do you comment on and/or rate a quest? I click View/Add Comments but don't see where I can add anything.

You have to have 10 posts to be able to rate a quest.

#144 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

Thank you for the info. No I am not replying just to get my 10th post icon_smile.gif

#145 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

I found a cave in gannon's area where I couldn't get into the next room. Did anyone have this problem? Other than that, I beaten this game.

#146 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

I give up, this is too crazy...

Spent too much time on this to the point of exhaustion.

#147 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

This is easily one of the best quests with a few unfortunate bugs. Read this forum for some help/hints and/or PM me. We'll help you get over the hump.

#148 Arek1985

Arek1985

Initiate

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

I have no clue how this quest is rated so high.

Let me break down what is wrong due to oversights by the designer.

1. There are way too many one way routes you are required to go to for items but then the only way to return is to save and quit. This in itself should be enough to subtract a point from any sane reviewer.

2. In level 7 and 8 there are rooms where he has flags to disappear when you cut the grass to unveil the musical note tiles. Now you would not know about those tiles without cutting the grass/bushes, but as soon as you do that flag is gone and the whistle does not work.

3. Level 9 has some of the stupidest design I've seen in my life. Honestly traps everywhere with bat wizrobes. I'd hate to try this dungeon without doing the bonus dungeon.

4. On with level 9 again who in their right mind would think to shoot the wand at an enemy to light a tree on fire, this is just the stupidest concept I've seen in my life, easily the tree could have been triggered with the candle, but no the creator decided he wanted to do the stupidest thing ever.Sorry this is just a childish design in my opinion and in no way intuitive.

5. Also it is in no way fun having to re-enter a room 50+ times for enemies to lineup properly as in level 8 for the first wand puzzle room.

6. Speaking of enemies level 9 has a fair share of re-entering rooms for Dodongos to be in an area where you can defeat them.

Honestly having to F6 to continue is not good design and this quest overall is riddled with that. So if poor design gets a 5 star rating I'm afraid to play any of the quests that are rated lower. In my opinion this quest is blasphemous to the Zelda name. I have played several other quests that were closer to the feel of Zelda.

Honestly this game in and of itself is just riddled with way too many bugs and dead ends to be rated so high. If I was to give a rating and if I was in a generous mood I may give it a 2. If I was to rate it from the gut I don't think I'd be able to rate it with a positive number.

Honestly when there are Quests like The Longest Journey which definitely is leaps and bounds above this and several others this quest is in no way one of the best quests in my humble opinion.

Now if the creator ever went back and fixed what I call areas of dead ends I could very easily like this quest. Overall if that was improved this easily could be a good quest. Unfortunately I feel the creator got a bit I'm holier than thou with his design of level 9 and traps on top of traps. When I finally started liking the game with the good designs of level 6,7, and 8 which had very little of the dead ends in them to trap hell. I could see maybe having the traps done to death in a bonus dungeon, but not in a required dungeon. Honestly again I can only imagine the pain one would go through without obtaining the gold ring.

If I would give any advice to the creator it would be to test your own design to make sure there aren't any dead ends. For me having to save and quit after getting required items just gets annoying. Also with something like your "brilliant" wand-enemy-tree puzzle maybe have the typical old man to give a cryptic hint about it to give the player a clue of what is supposed to be done.

Level 9 in no way was fun when you rooms with bosses in rooms with nothing but traps going every which way. This just my overall fair assessment after putting so much time into the game it in no way felt rewarding to finish as the original Zelda or some of the other quests out there.

Edited by Arek1985, 11 May 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#149 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

I started uploading a Let's Play for this quest. Here is part 1:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-yN7Z-KxOZA

I'll upload the rest over the next week.

EDIT: I agree with Arek that there are some bad bugs in this quest, but in all honesty, it was a lot of fun. I still gave it 5 stars because I feel that if the bugs were fixed, it would certainly deserve it. I disagree with his assessment of level 9, I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.

Edited by I_Am_Skum, 12 May 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#150 salvidienus

salvidienus

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:07 PM

I am stuck here. I have the bow already. How do I open the door?

Screen-Shot-20190716230430.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users