The Adventure of Kain Help

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#136 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

Thanks. I figured it was that particular lake, but the flute did nothing. I guess I'll have to try something else.

Edit: Nevermind, turns out I was focusing on the wrong rock, and didn't notice the one on the far-left side of the screen.

Ok cool, so you did find it? What about level 8? I hope it helped.

#137 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:02 AM

Is Level 3 inside Saria Town or outside? There is a raft/bridge inside the town but can't get on. I've tried entering from everywhere inside town. How well hidden is that level...

• dr_henke likes this

#138 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:53 AM

Is Level 3 inside Saria Town or outside? There is a raft/bridge inside the town but can't get on. I've tried entering from everywhere inside town. How well hidden is that level...

It's not hidden at all. You only need the ladder from the elves. It's the big building in the West of town. Behind one square of water and yes there is a bridge and a signpost also i think.

However...
I did go throu the whole adventure and disabled ladders everywhere where they wasen't really needed before this update. ( becaurse some people got stuck in some places) maybe I have managed to disable it there also?!
And it have been missed and not reported until now?
I'll take a look after work. If there is some errors.
Thank you so much for your comment.

#139 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Ok, so there was a Ladder error. Now it shall work. I have tested it in Saria. I have uploaded a new version. K Please download it everyone if you are playing. Thanks a lot kimeramon for finding this! Really great.

Just tell me if something else is broken or if you have any troubles. Or if it still is troubles in rainy Saria.

Strange that noone else has reported this...

Do report if you guys find more errors.

However I have now entered a no return going to 2.53 and making a lot of new changes. Those will not be included in updates until everything is ready. But i promise to fix bugs in the old version for you.

• kimeramon and Epsalon ZX like this

#140 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

I found the black armor before the red one. Where is the red one?

#141 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:58 AM

I found the black armor before the red one. Where is the red one?

Ok so you played level 6-7 with blue ring?
Nice job!

I'm on Phone right now on my way to work I will check later to be sure.
I have some places I think it is,
It seems I can't even remember my own quest that is bad...

Ok so, have you bombed open ( superbomb) , to find the shop close to the small graveyard some 4 squares north from the entrance to the northern lands?
Close to the path between level 6 and the town in the North West corner of the north world.

Have you emptied the pond close to the entrance to the northern land and the dwarf lands?
The one with a small stream running north towards the octorock swaps.

Try those places first.

Edited by dr_henke, 22 March 2019 - 12:59 AM.

#142 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

I've completed level 8. I'm missing 1/4 heart piece to have them all. I'm missing the cane, what's right of the hammer and what's down of the candle. I have 4 types of arrow. I've kill every boss in area 51. Is there a prize or it's just for fun?

#143 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:08 PM

I've completed level 8. I'm missing 1/4 heart piece to have them all. I'm missing the cane, what's right of the hammer and what's down of the candle. I have 4 types of arrow. I've kill every boss in area 51. Is there a prize or it's just for fun?

Ok, Good job finding all these things! 

Area 51 is only the place i used for testing enemies. And to see if they was difficult enough or to hard. So no prize there. I decided to keep it well hidden just for fun.

Really there is a few power shortcuts to find in the game also that i use for testing purposes.

Have you been to purgatory? Defeted all "dragons"? 

Do you have full magic meter? Same lengh as lifes.

Ok Cane, so it is for those who fails a magic challenge. Quite well hidden. I would say very easy to miss. 

Down from the candle is the last arrow. ( level 9 maybe? ) right of the hammer is a level 9 thing. 

So i think you are ready to go to level 9.

If anyone likes i can post full inventory pics and maps over areas somewhere if you like. 

#144 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

I'm not sure about the purgatory. I defeated all dragons inside the caves getting scrolls. I'm missing 2 magic containers, at least. I have the 1/2 magic meter.

I got stuck while having no flippers.Z0n86qz.jpg

I can get under the tree and Kain loose his head.YmeTrfO.png

• dr_henke likes this

#145 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

I beat this quest, and enjoyed very much, on sequel will Kain battle against Mario?

Edited by Stray Sheep, 23 March 2019 - 06:34 PM.

#146 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

I'm not sure about the purgatory. I defeated all dragons inside the caves getting scrolls. I'm missing 2 magic containers, at least. I have the 1/2 magic meter.
I got stuck while having no flippers.Z0n86qz.jpg
I can get under the tree and Kain loose his head.YmeTrfO.png

It seems all magic is hard to find...
Thanks for the bugs, they are not reported before.
Have you finished the game now?
Purgatory is that burning hellish place.

I beat this quest, and enjoyed very much, on sequel will Kain battle against Mario?

Mario?! Huh, well enough triforce power may result in total madness for a weak mind I have heard.
But hey Kain can't even jump in that armour!

Anyway anyone is free to rip anything and do this sequel!
I would play it for sure. There is a lot of nice custom Kain sprites to use.
I will not make a sequel now for sure as I am working on extending the quest with a little extra and bonus material, and leave the base as it is for now.
If I do a new quest in the future ( my 4th?) it will be a more modern thing without triforces and Link. I got lots of plans.

Anyway glad you liked the quest! Thanks for playing my game!

#147 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

Anyone could hint me to the purgatory? I've found 2 entries to the Lake Cave. Seems there is one more since I can't reach the 20 rupees.

Edited by kimeramon, 06 April 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#148 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:22 AM

Anyone could hint me to the purgatory? I've found 2 entries to the Lake Cave. Seems there is one more since I can't reach the 20 rupees.

I'm very sorry I missed your post.
Ok so here is a late reply.

About the lake cave, the plan is later to use some caves as more underground paths the same way as in lttp.
So they are under a bit of development.
I'm working on a version with a lot of extra features.
But until I have a nice working lantern system, there will be no more caves as it's already annoying to use the candle all the time.
So I bet you would be able to reach it later.

Purgatory... Break the very first rule of the quest and you could end up there...
Should work on at least 5-10 screens.

I don't find how to write a spoiler on the Phone right now but ask if you don't get the clue.

Or I guess you can end up there if the games bugs.
Or if you fight carrazar for a long time he will teleport you there.
Could be other hidden ways also... 😉

#149 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:27 AM

I'm very sorry I missed your post.
Ok so here is a late reply.

About the lake cave, the plan is later to use some caves as more underground paths the same way as in lttp.
So they are under a bit of development.
I'm working on a version with a lot of extra features.
But until I have a nice working lantern system, there will be no more caves as it's already annoying to use the candle all the time.
So I bet you would be able to reach it later.

Purgatory... Break the very first rule of the quest and you could end up there...
Should work on at least 5-10 screens.

I don't find how to write a spoiler on the Phone right now but ask if you don't get the clue.

Or I guess you can end up there if the games bugs.
Or if you fight carrazar for a long time he will teleport you there.
Could be other hidden ways also...

The first rule... I tried being a good guy by giving food to people but it didn't change a thing. Pig do like the food, funny. I returned to level 7 to battle Carrazar again. I did not killed him and Ganon showed up. He killed him himself. I married princess Zelda. Other than that I'm clueless. When I push a tomb, there is a ghost that come out but it's invisible. I can only see it with the lens, Is it normal? Is there an amulet to see invisible monster?

Edited by kimeramon, 09 April 2019 - 09:16 AM.

• dr_henke likes this

#150 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

The first rule... I tried being a good guy by giving food to people but it didn't change a thing. Pig do like the food, funny. I returned to level 7 to battle Carrazar again. I did not killed him and Ganon showed up. He killed him himself. I married princess Zelda. Other than that I'm clueless. When I push a tomb, there is a ghost that come out but it's invisible. I can only see it with the lens, Is it normal? Is there an amulet to see invisible monster?

It's much more tricky then that really it is so out of the box this game in some places.
The first thing you are told to do is press down button in the intro.
So thats the first rule... Try pressning up in lv 9s continue screen, or in other places, like the house in the town in the North West I guess that works also. I know this is a very strange and stupid idea..

Feed the pigs, I like that I'll try making something cool of it thats really a out of the box thing to do! The pigs was originaly redrawn blobs before the enemy editor. Now everything is very diffrent. Food should work for animals and monsters to lure them.

For the lv 7 Carrazar battle, yes if you say alive long enough Ganon will help you. Thats the only way to defeat the wizard that time. Then you get the extra flavour ending.
For the lv 8 Carrazar battle you need to defeat him fast or he will bring you with him to hell basicly.

Yes, the tombs are completely normal. At least in this game thats how it suppose to work.
There aren't any way to see invisible things except the lens I guess.
I'll implement an amulet if you would like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users