https://drive.google...Ng9uLKUkyHKNNr9

• Anthus and Lüt like this

#858 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:46 AM

[Claim]
Nobody's taking it from under my feet this time!

• Deedee likes this

#859 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

Of course, strings still need to be set/created for all the poor NPCs that don't have anything to say currently, and there's still a side warp going west near the bottom left of the place. That also begs the question, is visiting Greenhaven even required? I thought you needed to go through here with the shortshot in order to progress onwards to level 6, but you can just swim to the other entrance, and said other entrance leads nowhere but to the prior mentioned side warp.

I don't recall if it was ever intended to be required. That would have been determined by what items are provided either in the shop, by the trade sequence NPC, or in the treasure chest - and since those are tbd, the place being required is tbd also.

As for what items should go in - consider that the place technically becomes accessible during Level 3 if you pick up the Flippers and exit the level to get Din's Fire. Even so, I think most people would probably go from Level 3 to Level 4 first. And with Din's Fire being a secret, though an obvious one, I'm hesitant to put anything too required in here. I figure items relevant to Levels 4-6 are ideal. The item needed for the trade sequence could be given significantly later in the game too, to offset possible early access.

The left-side entrances are just meant to be a pass-through, similar to the staircases on the right side. Overworld screen 55 has a dive warp, which is the cave(?) area the side warp would also lead to. I wasn't planning for the warps to intersect - I had figured the dive warp would land you on top of a platform that you could only walk beneath or around by using the Greenhaven exit - but I guess that's up to whoever takes that screen if it isn't me. Likewise, I was thinking the right-side staircases could lead to the original whistle warp's item in the caverns.

NPC dialogue can probably be a combination of small talk and hints about other things in the game. But I think we need to finalize Levels 3-7, or at least their plans, before finalizing any of the stuff in Greenhaven.

If i dont get to claiming next was thinking about adding a section to the hospitible dungeon that starts to be a bit more dangerous. Like they havent completely cleared it out yet and theres a few dungeon screens that have some guards guarding a door and behind that are some enemys and traps with a possible boss.

Though the main area's complete, there's still a chance a thing like this could happen.

On the upper left side of the level, there's a shutter door that I wasn't intending to be opened. It could still be opened, but from elsewhere. I was already planning on having one of the NPCs in the room say something to the effect of there was something dangerous in the next room. Maybe a room where they couldn't get the statue shooters to turn off, or maybe a monster was trapped.

But it could also be a room with a staircase leading to a lower level. Maybe one of their citizens had to close the shutter from the other side and never came back out. It's got me thinking about possibilities.

Still, if there's going to be any kind of level extensions, I think it should be on a lower floor, and that floor also shouldn't go underneath rooms on the upper floor that have pits, meaning it would most likely continue westward.

Also, it should probably have a darker palette. I wasn't originally thrilled with CSet 5, but it matched the outdoor tiles, it also worked well with other sprite CSets for a lot of color variety that the level palettes don't usually have, and the brightness on the main level can be accounted for by all the torches. An uninhabited basement, though, should be darker, and probably go back to using either a level palette, or a transparent shadow overlay on the CSet 5 colors. I'd have to see what color swatches are available for 50% shadow transparency, though.

• Anthus likes this

#860 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:16 AM

Done:

zc_screen00041.png

Map 79, Screen 4A

Download Link: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Additions:

• A new FFC script, Trigger Reveal, is added. This script triggers things if all combos of a specific flag on the specified background layer (Layers -2 or -3) are not being covered by any other background layers or Layer 0.

Trigger Reveal Setup instructions

Edited by Orithan, 31 July 2019 - 01:46 AM.

• Anthus and Lüt like this

#861 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:34 AM

[claim]

#862 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:23 AM

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Added small hallway and stairs that will lead to lower floor. Im not hoping for too much on this maybe a couple rooms with some traps monster and a boss. Just a little something something for exploring and make it completely optional for an extra heart container.

change log:

- added a tile for backwards stairs (thought it would look better)

-added tile for little soldier guys(might take those guys off but figured the lower floor needed some guards)

-changed the adjacent rooms shutter to a lock block door, can be changed as well but i figured we had an extra key and that would have solved the shutter opening problem

Edited by ChrisHunter64, 31 July 2019 - 02:23 AM.

#863 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:42 PM

[claim]

#864 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

pdzndisbmdvij2t4g.jpg

Maybe you can reapply these skills later?

http://www.mediafire...p422-m2-s1F.qst

• Lüt likes this

#865 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:33 PM

[CLAIM]

#866 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:24 PM

Done:

1sm-lut-m86-s1f.png

Quest: https://drive.google...ZfwL5E_gC8wb4-u

Looks like Greenhaven gets a basement after all. New Map 86, new DMap 33, new palette 034 (temporary placeholder using CSet 5 until I can put some thought into it), new music tbd. Transparent shadow overlay on layer 6. Time to move away from torches and into traditional dungeon statues.

More thoughts to come, but now it's time for bed.

Also set recent DMaps to use the same active subscreen as previous ones, now your items won't switch when warping between areas. Lockblock doors on main floor carry over too.

• Anthus likes this

#867 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:23 PM

[Claim]

#868 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:53 AM

[DONE]

gzqWGpz.png

https://drive.google...2NxGPkChsvhiVGo

Added Freezards
Added Ice Keese
Added Fire Kodongos
Added Ice Kodongos
Added Ice Dragons
Added Winders
Added Wallsparks
Added Yomo Medusa (not set up yet, but it's in the script file and set to a slot)
Added the Chilled effect.

• Anthus likes this

#869 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:08 AM

[CLAIM]

#870 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

zc_screen00048.png

Map 65 Screen 1B

Download link: https://drive.google...KgpfxpSWQRbLcl8

Addiitons:

• The Better Peahat script is now in, used by the new Level 2 Peahat enemies. Its setup instructions can be seen here

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users