326 replies to this topic

#1 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Download

I have just completed and released my first quest: The Liberation of Hyrule

Right now, I'm waiting for the nice folks on purzc staff to finish reviewing and uploading my quest. But its available on the zeldaclassic website as well as my homepage members.optuszoo.com.au/~geojam

It is a challenge quest intended for those who love a good fight and to die many times before achieving even a small victory. Whilst there are secrets and beauty in my quest – they are of secondary value to the fight. In my quest there is no shortage of challenging and creative fights. If you liked quests such as Armageddon Quest, Armageddon Quest Forever, Demo Quest (original), Wily's Revenge and the James Quests then this is a quest for you! Be forewarned, you will most likely die many, many times before you complete this quest - I will say upfront that requests to make this quest easier will not be answered - this is how I love my Zelda Classic.

During testing, my record is 223 deaths taking a total of 15 hours, 23 minutes and 20 seconds and I consider myself a very good player, having played many quests over 10 years - but I've never been active on the forums until now. If you can beat my record – you are top class. Also, note that there is no way of verifying a player's record since I've made it an ettiquette that using f3 or any other means to pause or otherwise slow down the game whilst looking at the enemies is cheating since it give a huge tactical advantage. I don't think anyone besides the developers can get rid of this even with scripting. So, if you should complete my quest then I'll have to take you at your word.

Have a look at my screenshots and if you decide that its a quest for you, then please also go to my homepage: members.optuszoo.com.au/~geojam and download my readme.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Yep. Playing this right now. It's quite the challenge.

So I have the Wooden Boomerang, Red CandleLamp, seven Heart Containers, the L2 Sword, and the Wand. I'm in Fortress #3, in the Goriya room with the bait, "Come get it, boy!" and I haven't the foggiest on how to get it.
EDIT: Nevermind, found out how.
Spoiler

Also, I did see the room with the Lens. That's really interesting right there. Any particular clues, please? icon_neutral.gif

Also, the URL that you listed doesn't work for many. A direct link to this page solves it for those in other countries.

#3 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Go to Armageddon to download....whew...this is work! Gawd, I have another heart....but those DAMN armoses aren't exactly making my day!! icon_sweat.gif OK..how to get to the sword?

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 03 March 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

I was about to pass this up as just another average quest but then I saw
QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 3 2012, 07:56 AM) View Post

In my quest there is no shortage of challenging and creative fights. If you liked quests such as Armageddon Quest, Armageddon Quest Forever, Demo Quest (original), Wily's Revenge and the James Quests then this is a quest for you! Be forewarned, you will most likely die many, many times before you complete this quest - I will say upfront that requests to make this quest easier will not be answered - this is how I love my Zelda Classic. <-I know that feel, bro.

My reacton:

#5 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Mar 3 2012, 12:40 PM) View Post

Yep. Playing this right now. It's quite the challenge.

So I have the Wooden Boomerang, Red CandleLamp, seven Heart Containers, the L2 Sword, and the Wand. I'm in Fortress #3, in the Goriya room with the bait, "Come get it, boy!" and I haven't the foggiest on how to get it.
EDIT: Nevermind, found out how.
Spoiler

Also, I did see the room with the Lens. That's really interesting right there. Any particular clues, please? icon_neutral.gif
Also, the URL that you listed doesn't work for many. A direct link to this page solves it for those in other countries.

Thanks Shadow Tiger for posting this link , got the quest already icon_smile.gif
This is what I was looking for... Now I'll go break some bones icon_lol.gif

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

These red bubbles are killing me (Not literally) in level 7 and 8. A serious maze path of red bubbles? My god.

#7 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Mar 3 2012, 03:11 PM) View Post

These red bubbles are killing me (Not literally) in level 7 and 8. A serious maze path of red bubbles? My god.

Level 7, that was quick. I am in level 2 and it looks like I need a bomb but haven't found any or been given any by an enemy. Any hints

#8 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Mar 3 2012, 05:32 PM) View Post

Level 7, that was quick. I am in level 2 and it looks like I need a bomb but haven't found any or been given any by an enemy. Any hints

Believe or not - made to level 4 about 40 mts.... to BAD didn't save the game after quit icon_wacky.gif icon_teehee.gif icon_teehee.gif icon_teehee.gif icon_wacky.gif

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Yeah, the game just crashed on me while I was in level 9. Great time to crash.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Dear sweet Jesus I must be missing something big! I'm still busy trying to figure out Level 1...

#11 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

The lens of truth room requires you to look carefully when you LEAVE the room. After that you need ladder skill to get the lens. I deliberately made that bit optional coz I know some people will get stuck on it.

Yeah, I've noticed also that level 9 sometimes crashes. It must be ZC coz I didn't do anything fancy. I didn't use any scripts at all to write this quest. In fact, I am completely clueless on scripting so blame ZC. icon_smile.gif

Ahh the bubbles. I gotta love to hate those things. Its arranged, easy, medium and then the boss of the bubbles. At the end of each section there's a jinx doctor but you need to be able to plant a bomb to get to it.
My best advice would be to conquer the sword and candle game, coz you need that red candle (and more importantly the skill to use it) oh so much.

If you got to level 9 without cheating shadow tiger, then I must tip my hat to you. I didn't expect anyone to open Link's inner tomb so quickly.

Tell me where you're stuck on poke and I can give you more hints on level 1 but Abei should take care of it all.

Bombs are a huge weapon. Its equivalent to taking 8 master sword strikes into a dungeon. Hence, I disabled bombing until level 4.

#12 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

I'll be back"" hate when that happen, need to eat the ground again ,, but I'll be back!!!!
need boomer to get those bombs at level four -
Nw Sw say the password and you are in town buy everything real cheap there
the seller said I was cheating, I don't give damn, he sell ,, I but ,, good stuffs,,, good weapon
to make my life easier .... I much appreciated this gesture ,, cool icon_blink.gif
-
-

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 3 2012, 09:42 PM) View Post

The lens of truth room requires you to look carefully when you LEAVE the room. After that you need ladder skill to get the lens. I deliberately made that bit optional coz I know some people will get stuck on it.

Yeah, I've noticed also that level 9 sometimes crashes. It must be ZC coz I didn't do anything fancy. I didn't use any scripts at all to write this quest. In fact, I am completely clueless on scripting so blame ZC. icon_smile.gif

Ahh the bubbles. I gotta love to hate those things. Its arranged, easy, medium and then the boss of the bubbles. At the end of each section there's a jinx doctor but you need to be able to plant a bomb to get to it.
My best advice would be to conquer the sword and candle game, coz you need that red candle (and more importantly the skill to use it) oh so much.

If you got to level 9 without cheating shadow tiger, then I must tip my hat to you. I didn't expect anyone to open Link's inner tomb so quickly.

Tell me where you're stuck on poke and I can give you more hints on level 1 but Abei should take care of it all.

Bombs are a huge weapon. Its equivalent to taking 8 master sword strikes into a dungeon. Hence, I disabled bombing until level 4.

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Could you maybe provide a list of what items are in what dungeons and what items you need to get to them like Ouch did? Unless there's no potential for sequence breaking in this quest.

Edit: Also I don't get how you can have the wooden sword by the time you get to the vire room as Abei says...icon_confused.gif

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 03 March 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#14 vinheim3

vinheim3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Yeah, Abei hints towards defeating the vires, even though you can pass without.. maybe there's an extra reward for defeating them?

Also, what are you missing in level 1? I think someone in the village hints you to how you can get the shield.

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Mar 3 2012, 07:10 PM) View Post

I was about to pass this up as just another average quest but then I saw

Lol'd hard icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by vinheim3, 03 March 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#15 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

I have the shield and two hearts and mainly I keep getting slaughtered in the vire room and the goriya room (IDK why it's so tough for me). Meanwhile, I'm preparing a special surprise for a Mr. James24... icon_superevil.gif

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 04 March 2012 - 12:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users