Photo

Screenshot of the Week 360

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 360 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

Yoshimi
IPB Image
Lanayru Bay

Geoffrey
IPB Image
Now it is the beginning of a fantastic story!

Shane
IPB Image
Link confronts a demonic shadow thirsty for blood.

Pokemonmaster64
IPB Image
Link is Error. A whole comedy of them.

Jared
IPB Image
Hyrule...a place of untold mysteries.

Cukeman
IPB Image
With a little clever programming, Zelda Classic can do some impressive things...

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Voted Yoshimi, everything about it is so beautiful. ;-;

Edited by Shane, 19 March 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#3 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

OMG CUKMAN WOT TILESET IT THAT!?

IS IT SD3?

... voted Yoshimi.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

Yoshimi: Gorgeous. The limited color really makes the tiles from multiple sources work as a whole.
As visual design it is very pleasing, but I wonder about the slim vertical strip of land on the left above the
rock. Are players going to enter the screen from that area and have to go back (annoying) or is that area
blocked off so that it's not a problem? It still feels slightly odd to have such large sprites in the subscreen
compared to the game sprites, but all my complaints are very minor because the tileset is working so well.

Geoffrey: I love Bubble Bobble!

Shane: Very nice epic feel for a confrontation. A bit symmetrical for a design contest, but very
well designed in terms of drama and color.

Pokemonmaster64: I just can't get into those tiles.

Jared: I shall call this entry "big red central tree". Just teasing.
The right half of the screen is great, while the left half feels bland.
Looks like a tile error on the mountain.

me: Joke shot? Yes. Fully Possible in Zelda Classic? Yes. If you don't believe me then
just rip the palette from the shot into ZQ and import the image. Yup.

I null voted.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Yoshimi: Gorgeous. The limited color really makes the tiles from multiple sources work as a whole.
As visual design it is very pleasing, but I wonder about the slim vertical strip of land on the left above the
rock. Are players going to enter the screen from that area and have to go back (annoying) or is that area
blocked off so that it's not a problem? It still feels slightly odd to have such large sprites in the subscreen
compared to the game sprites, but all my complaints are very minor because the tileset is working so well.

The small land strip is actually quite a bit broader. It just looks so slim due to the Z3 scrolling.

Thanks for the support everybody. icon_smile.gif

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

I voted for Tiny_Shane.

I just love the colors of that dungeon screen even though it's symmetrical. Yoshimi was close, but I'm not a big fan of the mountain layout,

#7 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

My etheral predictions tell me that Yoshimi's shot will have more then 20 votes by the end of the week. icon_razz.gif

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Yoshimi
Sure is custom, but it doesn't seem like a very interesting screen otherwise...

Geoffrey
Suddenly, Bubble Bobble! I like it, but once again nothing much going except for the-ZOMGBUBBLEBOBBLE

Shane
You managed to take a personal pet peeve of mine-perfectly rectangular rooms-and turned it into something AMAZING! Voted.

Pokemonmaster64
OHMAIGAWD IT'S AN SD3 SHOT THAT IS CLEARLY A MOCKUP AND HAS THE WORST TILE USEAGE AND SCREEN DESIGN POSSIBLE. BUT IT'S SDf***ING3!

Lawl.

Jared
A nice screen. Probably my second choice.

Cukeman
FUS-RO-DAH!!!!
Either you worked super hard on a palette or this wasn't taken in Zelda Classic...needs moar color loss.

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yoshimi
Sure is custom, but it doesn't seem like a very interesting screen otherwise...

Actually it's one of the spots at Lanayru Bay where there's more to do. There's some ledge-jumping shortcuts, an important cave, the little "puzzle" with the Urchins that gets you a small treasure as a reward and a bit of bomb flower action. So yeah, maybe you won't like the rest of Lanayru Bay either because I tried to take a representative screenshot.

Pokemonmaster64
OHMAIGAWD IT'S AN SD3 SHOT THAT IS CLEARLY A MOCKUP AND HAS THE WORST TILE USEAGE AND SCREEN DESIGN POSSIBLE. BUT IT'S SDf***ING3!

The funny thing is that before I started making that SD3 tileset you were always complaining that people insta-vote for DoR screens. Maybe you just don't like anything that's not generic? icon_shrug.gif

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Yoshimi @ Mar 19 2012, 12:04 PM) View Post

The funny thing is that before I started making that SD3 tileset you were always complaining that people insta-vote for DoR screens. Maybe you just don't like anything that's not generic? icon_shrug.gif

Honestly, I hate all tilesets. All of them. I could make a million amazing classic screens and submit them to SotW and a million times, I'd lose. The only time I can recall a pure classic shot winning, it was a joke shot...icon_frown.gif

#11 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Look in SoTM, there is a classic shot in there, as well as many others. icon_shrug.gif

#12 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

I don't usually care what tileset it is, If the screen is layed out good and I like the flow, function and color of it i'll probably vote it.
Tileset may add to the visuals more or less however~

#13 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would have voted for Yoshimi, (Beautiful tiles and wonderful design) but I despise the monochrome style...
Still amazing thought and will play no matter what icon_wink.gif

I voted for Shane. It's actually an extremely simple dungeon screen, but the way you work you screens turns a simple screen like this, into a beautiful masterpiece. Good job bro icon_smile.gif

Every one else's is very nice. But Cukeman's is just plain bad ass...

#14 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Mar 19 2012, 09:42 AM) View Post
Cukeman
FUS-RO-DAH!!!!
Either you worked super hard on a palette or this wasn't taken in Zelda Classic...needs moar color loss.

Actually I could've used more colors, but didn't. And it actually isn't very hard when you know what you're doing.
The only downside is that i wouldn't really have any other colors for my entire quest, except for palette swapping icon_razz.gif

#15 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

I voted for Yoshimi. I don't really have much to say about the other shots other than that they're all pretty solid.

Go, Cukeman. icon_blah.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users