How to use Scripts?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 07 February 2021 - 02:36 PM

I see a lot of quests online that use scripts, especially NPC scripts. I already know how to import .z files into ZQuest  but now I just need to well, place them? (If that makes sense) I'd be cool if anybody could help, Thanks  :D  :D  :D

Edited by DietWater, 07 February 2021 - 02:36 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 February 2021 - 03:59 PM

It really depends on what kind of script it is. If it's a FFC script, for example, then after importing the .z file into ZQuest, compiling, and assigning it to a slot, you'd go to the screen you want the script on, press F7 to bring up the FFC menu (or go Screen->Freeform combos), pick one (you have 32 per screen), and in the script dropdown box at the bottom, select your script.

• Lightwulf and DietWater like this

#3 DietWater

DietWater

Hyrule Historian

• Members

Posted 08 February 2021 - 01:11 AM

It really depends on what kind of script it is. If it's a FFC script, for example, then after importing the .z file into ZQuest, compiling, and assigning it to a slot, you'd go to the screen you want the script on, press F7 to bring up the FFC menu (or go Screen->Freeform combos), pick one (you have 32 per screen), and in the script dropdown box at the bottom, select your script.

Yeah, that's what I need to use, thank you very much  :)

• Lightwulf likes this

#4 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:01 AM

Also remember to make your FFC scripts use any combo that is not combo 0, otherwise the script won't run.

• Lightwulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users