226 replies to this topic

#196 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 July 2022 - 09:20 PM

050_betteraqua.png

I'm gonna leave this here, the default one is kinda messy so I polished it up on a whim.

• coolgamer012345, Aquamentus (Facing Right) and AustinLeos2004 like this

#197 Blackpaintbowser

Blackpaintbowser

Go Bowser Go

• Members

Posted 22 August 2022 - 01:45 PM

I would like botw lizalfos with fire and ice variants 

#198 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 22 August 2022 - 02:55 PM

I intend to do this (probably in the 24x24ish range), but first I'm gonna note that leinglo on Spriter's Resource has a custom sheet here

#199 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:50 PM

I intend to do this (probably in the 24x24ish range), but first I'm gonna note that leinglo on Spriter's Resource has a custom sheet here.

I’ve been meaning to ask this cos it drives me nuts, but what’s the best way to make the Spriters Resource sheets ZQ ready? I assume it’d be something like using Aseprite.

Reason I ask is because god am I sick of having to redraw sprites by hand/memory because the tile ripper automatically locks the source sheet to a grid (although if this has been changed in 2.55 can someone let me know pls)

#200 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:39 PM

Yeah, use Aseprite if you've got it. Crop the sheet down to what's relevant--you can either select a big rectangle and use Sprite→Crop to erase everything outside the selection, or hit C and pare down the edges that way. Make the background transparent. (I'd use rightclick erase with a nice big eraser for this; that lets you easily get pixels that are surrounded so the fillbucket can't reach them. Rightclick erase replaces your foreground color pick with your background color pick, so you'll want your background color to be transparency for this.) Aseprite's transparent background is broken up into 16x16 squares, so you have an easy frame of reference for where to move things to now; you can also give yourself a grid on top of this if you want. Organize everything as you want, then create a new layer (shift+N), put it behind the main layer, and just make it all magenta or whatever transparency color you use in ZQuest.

Incidentally, if you ever doubleclick in Aseprite then it'll automatically select the 16x16 square that you doubleclicked into. Doubleclick and drag and you can select multiple 16x16 squares at once. This isn't super helpful for getting everything into the squares you need, since there'll be too much overlap to start with, but it's amazing for reorganizing everything once it's already in those squares.

I am struggling a bit with the lizalfos, although I intend to keep trying tomorrow. But I'll also link here and note the dinosaur monsters from this game, just in case you want a second backup plan.

#201 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:37 PM

Ether sis? i am interested in asking for sprite request, it has to do with 8-bit or Gameboy style single tile Tumbleweeds which i cannot find anywhere.

wQlZLath.jpg

I need them for my ZCquest and i need like tumbleweeds, that stand up like that^ pic and also rolling animation for going across the screen, or maybe that are in a diagonal position like that picture above but diagonal, for setting on ground tiles in Zquest. 

Lastly they have to be single tile size mostly.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 22 September 2022 - 09:46 PM.

#202 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 22 September 2022 - 10:17 PM

051_tumbleweed.png

Tumbleweed.

• Mitchfork and SkyLizardGirl like this

#203 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2022 - 11:25 PM

unknown.png

Tumbleweed.

Canceling the current iteration of PoRC and Crucible Crest to build them from the ground up with this revelatory sprite in mind.

#204 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 24 September 2022 - 05:14 AM

unknown.png

Tumbleweed.

\0~0/  Oh Thank you Ether sis.*   I like it <3

#205 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:39 AM

Yep.

By the way, I don't really like being called sis. I prefer just Ether.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#206 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:24 AM

Hey Ether. Do you think the height (24 pixels) of this Skull Kid sprite by Darky (spritersresource) could be reduced to 16 pixels and still look decent? My own attempts ended in ragequitting and I do reconsider using the 24 pixels version at this point, but it looks just too big compared to Link's sprite in my opinion (though I know the Gameboy games did that sometimes, e.g. with Din from OoS). Maybe this is something you could give a stab if you have an idea what might work here. I don't need the full set, i.e. the one's with Majora's mask I'd have no use for. A backflip would be awesome too, but that's asking a bit too much I suppose. :P

17337.png?updated=1460954689

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#207 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

• Banned

Posted 27 September 2022 - 12:25 AM

I apologize to you Ether.

#208 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 27 September 2022 - 10:18 AM

052_skullkid1.png

I made a skull kid design from scratch. If I extended it into a full spritesheet, would that work?

EDIT: alternate version.

053_skullkid2.png

• Taco Chopper and SkyLizardGirl like this

#209 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 September 2022 - 11:22 AM

Oh wow, that is one adorable fella! A full sheet of him would work perfectly. :)

zquest-screen00024.png

Edited by Sheik, 27 September 2022 - 11:30 AM.

• Taco Chopper, coolgamer012345 and SkyLizardGirl like this

#210 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:19 AM

054_skullkid3.png

Here we go.

• Taco Chopper, Mitchfork, Sheik and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users