Photo

Screenshot of the Week 548

Joelmacool Dimentio Jared

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 548 (41 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

Cross the bridge to enter the shrine. Pretty simple... right?...

Dimentio

Dimentio.png

Swimming in potentially hazardous underground water is fun!

Jared

Jared.png

A barren wasteland, waiting to be explored.

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

Dimentio here gets my vote for the underground water concept and a lot of other cool elements

I'm the first comment/reply. LOL YAS

Edited by MermaidCim, 28 February 2016 - 09:31 PM.

• Deedee likes this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

Jared wins my vote for capturing a sense of mystery and adventure, two things I am down for. Joel's was second but the forest seems to be lacking a lot of trees and his last submission implied this is a forest. And Dimentio's... well, let's just say the walls (at least how they're coloured) pretty much ruined everything for me. The screen structure is nice to say the least.

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

Joelmacool - Really awesome shot. I like how everything fits together and the whole forest setting is really nice. Great job.

Dimentio - Looks like a neat shot. I like the structure of the screens, but the walls don't seem to fit well with that cave palette at all. Different kind of walls (even vanilla Z1 walls) would be better here.

Jared - Another cool shot, really love the look of this one. It really has a winter-feeling to it and I love what's going on it.

It was close between Jared and Joel, but in the end I voted for Joel.

• Joelmacool likes this

#5 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Joel and Jared - I'm wasn't sure what to initially say other than I like these screens.  Two different seasons done well.
Dimentio - I like this screen as well.  I have nothing against the color scheme at all.  In fact, that is one of the things I like more about it.  It really does well at giving that underground feel.  The walls seem a bit strange, though I'm not sure why, and I feel as if a better floor could be used where the diagonal lines are found, that better represents that setting.

It took me some time to figure out which I liked most, but I went with Jared this time.  It stays true to what winter is down to every detail, and despite no representation from the animal kingdom (can't have much in a barren wasteland).  It definitely uses my favorite snow.

• Jared likes this

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:45 AM

Wow Joel, I love this shot! It feels so huge and expansive! I think I would add one tree on each edge (except the bottom) though, so they feel a little less empty. Other than that tiny detail this is perfection! Voted.

Dimentio - the browns are so similar it's really hard to see anything in the room. If the walls, floor and water were light, medium and dark brown (instead of all dark) it'd be a whole lot easier to see.

I really, really like this winter shot Jared, and it was definitely a close second. I just wish we had a character or two, or maybe a house or something beside just a sign to focus on. Don't get me wrong, this is fantastic in context as a "through-screen" in-game, but in the context of SotW I want to see something that's captivating all by itself. Small complaint, but it's a factor.

Edited by Cukeman, 01 March 2016 - 10:55 AM.

• Jared, Lightwulf and Joelmacool like this

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

With 58.33% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 548 is Joelmacool!

Joelmacool.png

Congratulations!

Voting results:

- Joelmacool (21 votes [58.33%])

- Dimentio (4 votes [11.11%])
- Jared (11 votes [30.56%])

• Joelmacool likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joelmacool, Dimentio, Jared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users