#1 Guest_PureZC (Guest)

Guest_PureZC (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Incomplete Gentlemen's Pack

Author:
Timothy McCorgi

2.5 Build:
1266 is the last one I used to build onto it, but I don't think there's anything in here to warrent it not working in previous builds.

Tileset Description:
These are the tiles I've been using to make my Gentlemens Quest. For warning; it's unsorted, uncut, and uses a 8-bit custom palette. All of the tiles are made by me (to my knowledge) the only exception I can think of is a LI subscreen which I ripped to use as a base to understand how to set up my own.

There are hundreds of tiles of people sprites here. The main reason I'm submitting this can be attributed to the fact that I think we always see the same five villagers in ZC quests... so here's an opportunity to have some diversity! Lots of item sprites as well, and if you're feeling adventurous, I'm sure someone could use some of the background/dungeon tiles as well somewhere.

I'm releasing this right now because between college, work, and friends, my project is not going to have wings until Christmas Break, and won't seriously get much further until next summer most likely. So instead of rotting on my computer, I figure someone out there might be able to make some use out of these jumbled tiles. I doubt anyone could make a full quest out of this, but there should be enough there to find something worthwhile.

Credits:
Inspired by C-Dawg, Relic, PrinceMSC, Final Fantasy 4-6, and Mystic Quest primarily.

Download here.

Screenshots:
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

#2 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

It's great to see someone do a completely custom tileset. Plus, it's also nice that the style has differed from the basic zelda-ness that's with almost every tileset out there.

Five stars.

#3 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

This looks...quite dignified.

Seriously, this is wonderful....I love to see new tiles so well organized, great stuff.

#4 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

It looks wonderful! I mean from a pixel artist's perspective some parts could be shaded better and whatnot but I believe that it deserves a 5-star rating despite the flaws, if only because creating a full, custom tileset is one hell of a tedious task.

#5 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

It's good, but seems a tad bit to dark imo.

#6 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Looks really great! But it does feel a little dark, I don't know if Lemon was aiming for it to be dark, it's not my style. But hey, it's good anyhow, someone could find it useful.

#7 Nolornbon

Nolornbon

Hoping to be pure.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

This is a good tileset and it has a sort of professional look to it. I like that it uses the RPG perspective, but see if you can make the doors visible on all four sides of such a room. I can definitely see people using this or at least parts of it. Keep up the good work; Zelda Classic really needs more custom stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users