GBA Pokemon MIDIs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

Here's a link to all the MIDIs I was able to rip from the Pokemon Emerald ROM, which interestingly also includes the music from FireRed and LeafGreen: https://www.dropbox.... MIDIs.zip?dl=0

Just like with the DPPt MIDIs, I also have some notes:

1) Once again, there were some songs I was unable to identify, however this time those songs are all in their own folder, as GBA ROMs don't use filenames.

2) I am aware that Victory Road sounds awful and dissonant. These MIDIs all have their own weird quirks, and that song for whatever reason seems to have a bunch of them in one place.

3) It would seem that I missed some songs (at the very least, I know that Route 110 is absent), but since the music files don't seem to be in any particular order in memory, I could end up having to go back through the entire ROM to find them, so for right now just know that the collection is ever-so-slightly incomplete.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention. I've looked at the MIDIs for HeartGold/SoulSilver, and it looks like they use a very different soundfont. If I do rip those, it will be more difficult and won't be for a while.

Edited by MarinaraSauce, 20 June 2018 - 05:28 PM.

• Anthus and klop422 like this

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

Again, great work. Will probably be very useful.

Just looking through the files. One thing: the Gen II music is used on the Sevii Islands, so isn't 'unused'.

I may at some point open the ones which don't quite work and fix them up so they sound good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users