• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...909868465422336

By Vicarious Visions, like Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy.

Think it looks great, sooooo glad he's got an HD classic design and not that ugly Skylanders design <3

#2 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

I figured it was a matter of time before someone posted this lol.

It really does look nice. The worlds dont look like they are losing their charm from having all the graphics revamped. From what I can see, they are doing really well with this. 

I cant wait to see Sgt. Byrd with the new looks. Definitely my favorite character/stages to play.

Heres to hoping that it gets a Switch port soon after, but for right now thats only hopes lol.

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

Ah Spyro... The series I always wanted to play as a kid, but I did not own a PS1. My friend had it, but I seldom got to actually play any of them.

If this makes its way to Switch, I'll get it, and that is on the table considering the Crash Trilogy is Switch-bound :)

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

I've been playing the original trilogy on my PS3. Nice to see this spiffy looking update.

#5 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

Ah Spyro... The series I always wanted to play as a kid, but I did not own a PS1. My friend had it, but I seldom got to actually play any of them.

If this makes its way to Switch, I'll get it, and that is on the table considering the Crash Trilogy is Switch-bound :)

If your computer can handle a PS1 emulator, I would definitely recommend playing the originals. I could even send you the files myself lol

Though I suppose Im a bit biased in that department. Im a retro gamer all-around, so of course Id recommend playing the originals. Thats kinda what led me to ZC too

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 05 April 2018 - 06:52 PM.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

If your computer can handle a PS1 emulator, I would definitely recommend playing the originals. I could even send you the files myself lol

Though I suppose Im a bit biased in that department. Im a retro gamer all-around, so of course Id recommend playing the originals. Thats kinda what led me to ZC too

Thanks, but I actually already have them. :P I just haven't played them yet. Mainly cause, for whatever reason, my PS1 emulator derps out with pre-rendered cutscenes. I remember trying to play FF9, and a few others, and any time pre-rendered scenes played, it would either crash, not play (soft lock), or just show a black screen with audio (best outcome). This was problematic to say the least for FF9, or Chrono Cross. :P

#7 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

Just get a PS1 or PS3 console to play your PS1 games without emulation. All Playstation 3 models natively support Playstation 1 games (with optional upscaling support which is great for modern TV compatibility).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users