Photo

Screenshot of the Week 657

Cukeman Shoshon the Elegant EnnonFenom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 657 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:27 PM

Yes.

The problem isn't that they're made of dirt. The problem is that they're flat (something you seem very critical about when it comes to tiles) and I mistook them for dirt path tiles. :P

Yeah, as I said if you saw my dirt. (see it as my desktop, as big as it is when playing in zc. here https://www.purezc.n...9)That would not have happened. plus it is too small to see properly.

But fixing the top and making grass hang down, putting a shadow on the bottom grass.

And I have a problem with flat as in dull, lifeless.

#17 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

I voted for Cukeman. Nice use of classic, and enhanced in a good way. I like.

Shoshon I feel could give his tiles some more detail. I like his screen layout however, and the theme as well.

Ennon also has a good layout, and I’m a fan of the water. However, the grass is suffering, tbh, and the house looks like it’s pasted on to the mountain. You have a good start, just work on the tiles more imo.

Edited by Matthew, 18 April 2018 - 07:44 AM.

• Shane and Avaro like this

#18 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:57 AM

I voted for Cukeman. Nice use of classic, and enhanced in a good way. I like.

Shoshon I feel could give his tiles some more detail. I like his screen layout however, and the theme as well.

Ennon also has a good layout, and I’m a fan of the water. However, the grass is suffering, tbh, and the house looks like it’s pasted on to the mountain. You have a good start, just work on the tiles more imo.

The tileset is less then a month old.

"the house looks like it’s pasted on to the mountain"  Have you ever noticed that about Oot?  Because that is my 2d recreation. And I feel it would be off to make the building pop out of the cliff wall. Because like in Oot, the build is just a hallway to a pond for fishing. I don't think I would be fishing in a house. What a fish tank, lol.

Any suggestions on whats needing fixing in the grass?

Because I don't want to recreate sd3 grass, and have no love for the toxic moss look of the flat green tile.

Zc palette system is limited to main and one level palette at a time. And all my main is maxed out.

I feel they need 2 or 3 darker shades to make a few details to pop, and to create a shadow-line What I try to do to give a non outline. which is really hard to do in such a small space and limitations on colour's.

I unlike some, I want and can take Positive\constructive criticism.. 

Edited by EnnonFenom, 18 April 2018 - 09:59 AM.

#19 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:50 AM

Maybe make the grass a bit less textured. It almost looks “static”-like. As for the house, the fact that it’s in the mountain is fine, it’s just that the perspective is off.
  • Avaro likes this

#20 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Well next week, you'll see what my solution was. I did not get rid of any detail but use a cleaver trick, I hope...... :tard:

• Matthew likes this

#21 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

With 58.97% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 657 is Cukeman!

Cukeman.jpg

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- Cukeman - 23 votes [58.97%]
- Shoshon the Elegant - 5 votes [12.82%]
- EnnonFenom - 11 votes [28.21%]

• Cukeman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cukeman, Shoshon the Elegant, EnnonFenom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users