Fork New ZC Version Beta Build

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:28 AM

The two biggest ones that I was excited about was the "Size" attributes in the Enemy Editor (while there are multiple sizing scripts now, they're still a pain in the ass to use, if only for the added hassle when testing and repeatedly sifting through the script buffer for quick edits), and being able to change the graphics for enemy projectiles on a per-enemy basis. I have a script that I'm using that lets me do that already, but it only works on EVERY instance of a certain type of projectile on a per-screen basis. I can't really have multiple "levels" of enemies on the same screen without breaking the projectile graphics. This is a major help as well.

Much earlier, you mentioned being able to adjust the screen sizes. Is this only for doing things like GB-styled quests that use the screen dimensions of a Game Boy, or can I finally appease my OCD and get that missing half-row back from the bottom of the standard screens? It really bugs me that we lose those 8 pixels just because that's how the NES did things, without getting a choice. I'd love to have it as an option in the player that we can toggle, so quests that rely on those missing pixels for whatever reason aren't broken, but we can play with them visible in any other situation.

I can't promise anything related to screen dimensions. While I would love to male this possible, it is not as easy as adding a variable for the output size. There are components for this that I have considered adding, but all of them require rather intricate rewriting of how base engine mechanics function.

I have yet to add size parameters for the enemy weapon, and scale factors for the weapon, and for the death animation; which likewise needs a tile variable. I would like to add some sort of additional sets of enemy death animations, but they are not a priority.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 30 June 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#62 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Something came to mind recently about something you mentioned earlier. You said something about being able to directly set up death animations for larger enemies. Can you also put custom death animations on a per-enemy basis? My quest has a part where a ship is under attack by a giant Kraken, and I just realized that custom death animations can make it look as though defeated tentacles pull away and "retreat" when harmed enough instead of just explode like everything else.

• Jared likes this

#63 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

Something came to mind recently about something you mentioned earlier. You said something about being able to directly set up death animations for larger enemies. Can you also put custom death animations on a per-enemy basis? My quest has a part where a ship is under attack by a giant Kraken, and I just realized that custom death animations can make it look as though defeated tentacles pull away and "retreat" when harmed enough instead of just explode like everything else.

That is on the list for 2.60. 2.future is being built off of 2.60 for the most part now. It is designed to be ZC canonical, plus stuff that is rejected in canonicl for whatever reason. When we release ZC 2.54 ort 2.55, there will be a 2.future build with the cut features, but much of this is going into main.

#64 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

Pretty cool.

Edited by Sans, 24 September 2017 - 10:52 AM.

• Joelmacool likes this

#65 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

I want to mention that this is not dead, but merely suspended until we release the canonical ZC 2.54, so that I know what 'extra features' the build will require. I will be changing quite a lot of it, since the last set of betas, when the time comes.
  • SkyLizardGirl likes this

#66 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

*Sounds great.
*Beside for the pit flag it'll need a fall eweapon or it's already setting ?
Also there's somes scripts i don't really know but they are no description on it.
  • SkyLizardGirl likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fork, New ZC, Version, Beta, Build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users