Beam Cost

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

Can you set Sword Beams to drain your health instead of magic or rupees?

One heart per beam for example?

#2 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

I think I tried to do this and I'm pretty sure you can't. You can't drain health using a lot of items. I don't remember super well though, sorry. 

-Strike

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

If I were to script this, wouldn't it be easier to drain one heart per sword use? That, or write that when Link's health is at a certain level; (being when you no longer shoot beams), your health doesn't drain either. Give me a sec, this might be easy to do.

EDIT: Yes it works, but it drains health with each sword swing. Here's what I have:

Code

That should be assigned to the action slot of your sword item. However, as I mentioned, it only works for each sword swing, but I forgot the script needs to scan for sword beams in order to "fake" what you want. I'm not familiar with using LWeapons or the likes (I only know the easy basics of scripting so far. :lol: ). What I imagine that needs to be modified is, each time a sword beam LWeapon is created, that's when Link's health should get drained... but I don't know how to add in that part. :P

Either way, I still hope you can find this helpful. :D

Edited by Demonlink, 14 February 2018 - 02:24 PM.

• Avaro likes this

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

It's a 2.54 feature. :D
  • Cukeman and Demonlink like this

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:11 AM

I think I may have asked the wrong question in the OP. Let me test and get back to this.

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

I think I may have asked the wrong question in the OP. Let me test and get back to this.

IDK what you could have meant. In 2.50.x, you can't do it with the item editor; but in 2.54, you can. All items can use any counter as their cost. I wanted this too, as I had to fully script swords in 2.50.x, just to give them special costs, and that's silly.

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

I mean I need to go back to my notes and double-check what my plans were for this item, as I had a couple ideas and items in mind, and I want to make sure I didn't get them mixed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users