Photo

General Update...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

I've got a little bad news for anyone who was interested in my projects: anything I've been working on is now on an indefinate halt. Now, this is not because I'm bored of my works or anything; I really would like to keep working on my projects. But recently, my computer with all my works on it has been very tempermental with me (as in, it's not working right now) and constantly turns off on me.

I know the problem, but I'm not sure how long this will take me to fix. If it can't be fixed, it'll be longer before I get back to work on them, because I have intentions on buying a new computer soon anyhow. However, that means I need to get the money, which I don't have right now because I lack a job right now. (I've been looking, too.) So, that means I won't be back to work until I get it, which can take several months.

That sums-up the bad news. Now, there is a little bit of good news that goes with this: I do have another computer that can run ZC well, but it doesn't have any of my projects on it right now. Because that last thing I want to do is to risk wrecking anything else on my main computer, I won't try to retrieve them. But how is this good news? Well, instead of just giving up and letting this down-time get the better, I'm going to take-up some smaller stuff in the meantime, just to keep myself working and keeping ideas flowing.

My first smaller project I had in the back of my head was a re-make of Kamala's Tomb. I'm not sure if I'll actually go through with it, but as of right now, I'm going to be using Pure again, but I've made a lot of changes thus far. (I'm using the DoR Hatless Link, Sun Tower item Csets and items with some ST enemies along with some recolored ones and thanks to Akkabus, I've got a bunch of extra dungeon tiles) It'll be a bit bigger than what some may call a smaller project, as being a remake of an older quest, I want to enhance and add some stuff. IF I go through with this, I want to use the new features more and whatnot. More details as I start to work on this.

So that's what's going on.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

Aha, I see.
It sounds reasonable, actually. Good luck on getting the main computer fixed and on the smaller projects.
If I were to make what's called a 'smaller project' I'd start planning out a four dungeons + final dungeon quest which would turn into something too big for a small quest sooner or later. Dunno if you have this problem, too, but since you're rather creative I bet you also tend to overdo it slightly =P It's hard not to do this, actually. So keep in mind that it's smaller thing and nothing that should go overboard.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

I have that problem for sure. I'm actually already worried about this remake I want to do. Scripted items (albeit easy items to script), new dungeons and everything. O_O Luckily, though, my idea of bonus dungeons aren't all full-blown and whatnot, which means 6 main dungeons to make with several extras. But still...I'm worried I'm going to take on a bigger project rather than a smaller one to keep me busy. icon_razz.gif

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hm, interesting. Taking a break from the big projects to work on smaller stuff. Nice idea. I hate to be a pest, but did you backup the stuff you were working on?

#5 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Don't worry about it being pest-like, because I don't find it like that at all. icon_wink.gif
I do have a solid back-up of LoRII along with an older version of A Means to and End (a simple classic quest I'm working on) on my USB Drive, but it's a little old. (LoRII loses several overwrold screens while AMTaE loses a few dungeons, but nothing I can't re-do.).

Though I'm not too worried at the moment about losing my work, since there's nothing wrong with the hard-drive as of right now. I have to talk to some people I know who may be able to fix it, but I doubt it'll be any time soon. More or less, I can't get anything on it because my computer shuts off, though if I could plop that thing into another computer, I'd be set. (But the computer I'm using right now has no extra slots and the hardrive doesn't want to come out of the computer I'm using now... T_T)

#6 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

Alright, so I've got some good news regarding my computer. Apparently, one of my dad's friends who moved away came back recently. And this guy is very good with computers, so he's going to see about buying a used computer off of him to hold over until I can get the new one I want. I've told my dad that as long as he's able to pop the old hard-drive in or put everything on the new one, I'd be good, so hopefully he'll ask about it. Though he did seem to be implying that I'd better find a way to back it all up, but I'm sure I convinced him last night about it. icon_razz.gif

I don't know how long this'll take, however, but once I do get it, I'll be back to work on LoRII. But, there's a good chance I'll still work on Kamala's Tomb DX on the side. But if I actually fully take-up that project is another story. Right now, I'm still seeing how realistic the ideas I have are for the quest. (I'm going to be using a few scripted items, none of which have been scripted before. Except for one, which I made-up a long while back.)

Anyways, that's what's been going on recently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users