Yuurand: Rivers of Hades

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Those of you paying attention to the quest updates Aevin and I have been working on recently could probably see this one coming. As the third and final major update to the series in our build up the launch of Reikon later this year, here's Yuurand: Rivers of Hades.

xvX1vJM.pngscXLl5u.png

This update allows you to play on the Hitodama Labyrinth, brought forward and updated to Yuurand's sensibilities with new puzzles and item triggers.

qR5lXti.pngSlMLVTv.png

Unlike the other 16x16 labyrinths, the Hitodama Labyrinth is composed of two 8x16 floors stacked on top of each other, connected by a series of five staircases. This layout provides all new ways to progress through the game. Additionally, unlike in other labyrinths, you lack the ability to swim at the start, so keep your eyes peeled for Bubble or Float to access some areas of the labyrinth.

This update also introduces the long-overdue Sadistic Mode to Yuurand, previously featured in the Hitodama and Yuurei updates. This mode features much stronger enemies with new attacks and crueler AI for those who really want a challenge. Unlike in Hitodama and Yuurei, Sadistic Mode is available from the start in Yuurand and can be enabled/disabled at any warp point at any time.

Lastly, this update has a slew of bugfixes (too many to list!), as well as rebalancing for difficult areas (such as Yuurand Rose Garden and Sakura Street) and bosses (looking at you, Gale). We'd like to apologize for our tardiness in delivering on this front.
  • Shane, Moosh, Aevin and 2 others like this

#2 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:22 AM

Been getting back to Zelda Classic and it seems a lot of good quests have been released in the meantime.

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:39 PM

I Had Indeet a Feeling This Would Come Nice To See This Updated to :D

#4 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Those of you paying attention to the quest updates Aevin and I have been working on recently could probably see this one coming. As the third and final major update to the series in our build up the launch of Reikon later this year, here's Yuurand: Rivers of Hades.

xvX1vJM.pngscXLl5u.png

This update allows you to play on the Hitodama Labyrinth, brought forward and updated to Yuurand's sensibilities with new puzzles and item triggers.

qR5lXti.pngSlMLVTv.png

Unlike the other 16x16 labyrinths, the Hitodama Labyrinth is composed of two 8x16 floors stacked on top of each other, connected by a series of five staircases. This layout provides all new ways to progress through the game. Additionally, unlike in other labyrinths, you lack the ability to swim at the start, so keep your eyes peeled for Bubble or Float to access some areas of the labyrinth.

This update also introduces the long-overdue Sadistic Mode to Yuurand, previously featured in the Hitodama and Yuurei updates. This mode features much stronger enemies with new attacks and crueler AI for those who really want a challenge. Unlike in Hitodama and Yuurei, Sadistic Mode is available from the start in Yuurand and can be enabled/disabled at any warp point at any time.

Lastly, this update has a slew of bugfixes (too many to list!), as well as rebalancing for difficult areas (such as Yuurand Rose Garden and Sakura Street) and bosses (looking at you, Gale). We'd like to apologize for our tardiness in delivering on this front.

I Found A Bug With This Guy in The Purple Zylinder If I Play The Story Mode With Him or Others from The Story I Will Automatical Teleported To the Yuurand Labyrinth But I Have Clicked on Hitodama :D

#5 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

I'm not completely sure who you mean, but if you're playing as Eli or Desio, their story mode is only available on the Living Labyrinth. We probably should have a better way of conveying this, or toggling story mode off if you select another labyrinth or something.

If it's not Eli or Desio, then yeah, it's definitely a bug.

#6 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

I'm not completely sure who you mean, but if you're playing as Eli or Desio, their story mode is only available on the Living Labyrinth. We probably should have a better way of conveying this, or toggling story mode off if you select another labyrinth or something.

If it's not Eli or Desio, then yeah, it's definitely a bug.

The Names of The Characters Are Draco and Autimecia Both Characters Have The Same Story Bug Its Seems The Story Starts  And Then Autimecia Teleports To The Yurrand Labyrinth The Bug Is Only When Story Mod Is Active :D

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

Whoops, that's an oversight on my part. Their intro's handled in a separate place in the script file and I forgot to update it. It's fixed now if you redownload the quest.

#8 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:44 PM

Whoops, that's an oversight on my part. Their intro's handled in a separate place in the script file and I forgot to update it. It's fixed now if you redownload the quest.

Oh Ok Thanks for The Info :D Im Glad The Problem Could be Fixed :D

#9 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

Am i supposed to be fighting Zelda this early? I got nowhere else to go but she's ridiculous for a boss this early on.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Zelda is a roaming boss. There's one per seed, and they can spawn in any area of the labyrinth. Which labyrinth are you playing and where is she spawning? There should always be at least two different paths to take. It's probably best to fight her later, though she is guaranteed to drop a spell.

#11 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

Seed is 206 57.

I missed a path that led to the Play Room. I did ended up defeating Zelda after getting three extra Life Orbs and some spells but it's one of those "get lucky or die" bosses.

Depending on the attacks, she can literally fill the screen with so much stuff that i had no way to avoid damage. I got lucky with an attack pattern that consisted mostly of her using that attack where she fires a circle of projectiles that has an opening (this attack is really slow) and i all did was just use the ninja star spell until she died.

Also, what's with the Conduit spell? It keeps changing between a tornado, a rock, a pretty cool explosion and other stuff i'm forgetting.

Edited by Norzan, 28 August 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:31 PM

Conduit's element changes to match the element of the last coin you picked up. There's also a machine at the end of Venter Mortis that lets you change the element at will. It's great for getting into places you don't technically have the spell for, if you're careful with it.

#13 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

Fighting the second battle with Mirr and you can barely see his attacks because most of the arena is white and his attacks are this very white yellow. The worst one is the attack where he fires a long projectile that bounces around.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

Huh... I've never heard that complaint before, actually. Perhaps it's a monitor issue? I can try to provide a little more contrast if it's an issue for a lot of people.

#15 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:12 PM

I can see most of his attacks fine now after getting used to the fight (some of them still can be somewhat difficult to see) but that thin whiteish yellow laser just blends too well with the white background and is honestly the only major offender. Probably a monitor issue but just making that laser more dark yellow would improve things for me. 

I ended up defeating him after getting some more health and magic upgrades.

4MqLugC.png

rutNVvU.png

There's apparently an item on the first screen but i can't seem to activate it. Also can't get those blocks around the Earth spell down in the second screen.

Edited by Norzan, 29 August 2019 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users