Megaman Tileset

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

How?And just to make this longer....OOGLE BOOGEL!LOOGLE!

#17 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

Just press "x" two times when you're selecting a tile in Link sprite graphics.

#18 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Yeah you can, however I would think about scaling the player down to 1x2 instead. The reason being is that it's going to look rather silly. ie- A player sprite the size of a digdogger jumping around avoiding bullets, possible awkward collision physics, not to mention no one scripts for a 2x2 Link so you wouldn't get much support in that area.

Hope you find use for the tiles, I put a lot in there, so at least this will minimize ripping efforts so you can concentrate on quest building.

#19 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

Not that it's hard to modify your scripts to do that.

#20 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Heh, was thinking of making a Mega Man game, my selection of bosses though are:
Spark Man / Magnet Man / Pharoah Man / Toad Man / Star Man / Stone Man / Centaur Man / Yamato Man / Magma Man / Tornado Man
And I plan on having 8 Wily stages with graphics taken from wily stages from mm3 through mm6.
Its 10 bosses + intro stage + 8 wily levels = 19 levels total.
Its quite ambitious, but its been a long-standing dream to make a Mega Man game. But still not sure, even with this quest project, if its even feasible, esp. with the extreme detail I'd want to copy from Mega Man. (meaning, I want it to play and feel like Mega Man, so his physics and movement must be exactly as they are in the games. Same goes for enemies, no Zelda AI/enemy movement junk)
Right now, its still a pipe dream, but we'll see.
I've often played some Game Maker Mega Man fan games, but something always seemed off with the control and feel. Which resulted in unfair and frustrating deaths that are completely the fault of the programmer/game maker than it is the poor skill of the player.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 11 April 2009 - 09:29 PM.

#21 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

Are you planning to return to this now that 2.55 has better scrolling, custom enemy and weapon handling, etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users