Photo

Megaman Tileset

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

Download link: http://www.mediafire...t_ver0.54.1.qst Uses 887.

Just for fun I have thrown together a couple of scripts to include with it so you can hopefully amuse yourself for a while and play a *tiny* little demo level I whipped up in the ZC player. So, in any case, at least there's that if you're a Megaman... or Street Fighter fan.

Anyway...Controls! :

B - Normal Shot
A - Jump
Start + Direction - Metal Saw (8 directions)
Quarter Circle from down to forward; B - Hadoken ((Courtesy of Saffith) -that's down, down-forward, forward, B.)
Forward, down, down-forward, B - Dragon Punch.
down, down-back, back, A - Hurricane Kick FTW!!! icon_razz.gif

So now down to business I suppose.

Some Screen shots:
IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image

In case you're still wondering; Yep, it's yet another side scrolling 2.5 tileset that isn't finished...Boring! sorry...I kid. However, if you take a look inside you'll see there is certainly enough tiles and sprites to make a quest with. (minus the robot bosses sprites <_<) But it still needs a lot of work.

I am giving up on development of the Tileset itself (i.e. graphics, palettes, comboing, recoloring, etc..) because I just don't have the time to do this and work on the Grikarugun Tileset/Game also. Although this tileset has always been an open set, (never passworded, take anything you want from it, anyone can contribute to it) I realized it never had it's own topic at purezc, until now, and it has been in a limbo state for over half a year. What I'd like is to get some people to help out in any way they want and make this damn thing a working project!

The ultimate goal of this Tileset at ver1.0 is such: A fully functional set with,

FFCs and usual 2.5 stuff
Scripted weapons
Scripted and customizable enemies
Modular or interchangeable scripted bosses

..put together so that the end user need not even know how to compile scripts. You press the B button and a leaf shield pops out, it's magic! No fuss, no muss, no messy cleanup!! ..uhh sorry I'm drifting off here. Where was I... Ah yes, the weapons and enemies and so forth.. I am planning on doing the weapons at some point, I'm pretty sure at this time that an enemy based custom enemy collision system would work best, as there's no real foreseeable bugs that might occur from that method when taken into account other enemy or boss scripts, and especially user created enemy scripts(so long as they attach an enemy to it icon_wacky.gif ) But it's in the planning phase ..(more rambling, double sorry icon_freak.gif ) , and C-Dawg was going to do the boss package.

So look through it and see if you'd like to help make it. You know, stuff like this would be a good project for the revised qpf I heard Koopa and Nathaniel talking about in another thread. But I guess that's hearsay and in the wrong forum.

Well that's about it.

Cheers!

#2 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

It's just awesome. And I guess that tileset should be compatible with MegaMan 9 graphics, right?

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Well, technically it only uses non-level main palette C-Sets 0,1, and 6, (all the others can be deleted) so there's lots of room for future stuff, even 8-bit.

On a related note; The palettes are in desperate need of someone who is experienced in that area. As it turns out I suck at 4-bit color.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:02 PM

Awesome tiles!
I especially liked the sidescrolling mechanics in the demo, like not being able to face forwards or backwards, that makes it feel alot more like a sidescroller. I also like the gun that was scripted for the player. icon_thumbsup.gif
I saved a copy of the tileset as a 2.10 quest file so I can use some of these tiles for my one quest project, The Underworld, cause some of these futuristic NES tiles look like they could go well with the MCB's Factility. icon_smile.gif

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 27 February 2009 - 10:29 PM.

#5 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

Cool. I'm glad people are finding use for some of these tiles. icon_smile.gif

So...Does anyone want to help make it or what? I think it would be awesome to get a a little Megaman sidescrolling kit together for 2.5. I can't be the only one, can I???

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:19 AM

Oh, I remember now...
It was the palette structure that put me off.

I was getting on quite nicely with it, then I realised I wanted to rip a few more tiles. Opened up Megaman in NES, looked at the palette and BAM!
It was completely off ¬_¬
Went to change it, and you'd set up one constant palette and tried to squeeze everything in it.
Nearly made me cry =P

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:07 AM

Yes I remember. But Joe, I've never even seen the palette of which you are talking about. All the sources that I ripped these from had much more horrible palettes than the ones I consolidated from them. Are you talking about the actual ROM? If so, I never had to look in there. Do you still have a screenshot of any of that so I can view the palette first hand and get an idea of what you're referring to?
...You know, it was kind of hard for me to change it when I didn't know what I was supposed to change it to.

#8 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

It's not so much the actual colours, it's the structure you used.
You'd probably be best off using Z1's palette, and changing it round for the megaman colours, cause they're both NES palettes, so I'd assume they have the same structure.

I don't believe I do have any pictures anymore, sorry.

#9 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:19 AM

Alright then, well I just downloaded virtuanes so I could take a look for myself. Does this look right to you, or something else?

IPB Image

I could easily change all the area tiles to fit that palette, problem is Is I just don't want to put any more work into it if it's never going to be finished anyway. Excluding the palette problem, Right now It needs:
-To be organized
-General sprite/enemy/item setup
-Tiles Comboed
-Scripts

Basically for me, it's pick one and that's it. (Well, I could fix up that palette thing really fast too).

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

This tileset is fantastic! Millions of good MM stage tiles, items, projectiles, enemies and even custom bosses, backgrounds... patched with some Metroid. And Chrono Trigger. I will rip many, many tiles. And once I can make my very own sideview NES style Mega Man game... much later.

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

Virtuanes is a NES Emulator?
I don't know how the NES itself actually organises the palette, I was going by how Z1's palette is organised in ZQuest.

#12 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:34 AM

Yeah, nester is my favorite but it lacks all the features. anyway...And yep, OK, I see what I did with the pallet's. I ripped these so long ago that I forgot what I intended to do with them. It's not quite how you think though. After looking through the level pallete's I remember that CSet 2 was originally the archetype, and 3 and 4 are just placeholders. (I remember I was going to re-rip some of the tiles for this, but lost all the files when my drive crashed back when.) ...what a pain.I'll fix those up when I have time.

I'll add in another half-dozen or so weapons while I'm at it....for some stupid reason people are still using 2.10. Idunnoy. icon_blink.gif

#13 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Okay I can't check this right now since I can't get 2.5,but are you using the NES sprites of megaman?Because those are 2x2 sprites and Zquest can only do 1x2 link sprites.

#14 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

He doesn't use the 2x2 graphics but it's very possible via scripting.

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

You can have 2x2 Link graphics without scripting actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users