What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#4126 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:18 PM

I rescripted lanmolas. They're awful, hard-coded enemies that fight you no matter what you try to do with them, so I put my foot down, snorted arrays, and made my own. And now I get to do fun things with them...

I am always amused by internal Lanmola antics. :)

I particularly loved when they would leave the screen of their own volition, depending on what you do to them.

--

In other news, as of today, the Enemy Editor allows for enemies larger than 1x1.

More Footage

Spoiler

Welcome to 2.55 Alpha: Stability, not included.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 09 June 2017 - 03:07 PM.

• Jared likes this

#4127 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

Does it have to be today specifically? I wouldn't want to break the rules or something ... Anyway, this is work in progress, may change dramatically.

niX7bAY.png

6SRkueo.png

tkrbNg6.png

• Shane and Eddy like this

#4128 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

Been creating several new palettes and gathering new Gameboy music. Mostly planning otherwise.

• Eddy likes this

#4129 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Got a bit done today. Finished up the starting area of my new quest and started working towards the first dungeon. Still haven't got that quest project up yet, but I'm getting there :P

• Shane likes this

#4130 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

Fixed up a partically strait forwards part of a dungeon to make it more non-linier and changed a lot of little things in the dungeon too.

#4131 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

Finished off the last of the new bosses for the expanded edition of Metroid: Origins. Here are some pictures for you.

ZVUWUuP.png

Because there aren't already enough giant eye monsters, I present the Eye of Fate.

qw4s0Jh.png

This wall O' doom is better known as the Automated Defense System.

b1LOB7Q.png

Who let the jellyfish take over the universe?- Samus thought to herself.

LfOTWDs.png

The Death Mask will try and make its name literally appropriate.

Now I can start on the work of placing all of the other scripts in the game, calibrating the new map system and testing it all.

If anyone who's previously tested for me would like to help with that (or anyone else is interested) please let me know.

• judasrising, Naru and Epsalon ZX like this

#4132 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

The weapon editor is now working! Using it, you can do the following:

Set Weapon Type

Setting this changes the type of the weapon, for use when determining the weapon type for npc defences. Thus, if you set an arrow to the type 'Sword', when an arrow made by this item strikes an npc, the npc defence for 'Swords' is used to evaluate the outcome.

It should also be working for swords, so that you can set a sword to the defence 'Fire', but this is not proven.

Set Default Defence

If set to a type other than 'None', and item that acts as a weapon will use a specific defence outcome (e.g. double damage), when it strikes enemies. All enemies are globally effected by this setting, based on the item type, if their own defence setting for that weapon s set to 'None' in the enemy Editor.

Example

If you set a sword to a defence of 'stun', and you set the 'sword' defence for Blue octorocks in the enemy editor to 'double damage', when struck by a sword Blue Octorocks will take double damage, and all other enemies will be stunned. The Enemy Editor defences act as exceptions to a default defence.

Combined

If you set an item to a specific weapon type, and set a default defence for it, then it will act as that weapon type, for all enemy purposes. It will use the default defence that you provide, but it will look at the Enemy Editor settings for the weapon type that you select for determining defence exceptions. Thus, a sword item, set to a type of 'Arrow', and with a defence of 'stun', will stun all enemies with an arrow defence of none, and it will use the arrow defence type applied to enemies to determine its results, otherwise.

This new magic brought to you by Insomnia and Company.

video, t.b.a.

#4133 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:25 PM

Just doing some planning out...

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk
  • Shane, Sheik and Matthew like this

#4134 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

Made a cave to get somewhere cool in the game.

#4135 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:12 AM

Working on level-16

#4136 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

Made some more progress on a dungeon. Quite like the oddness of its design.

• Naru likes this

#4137 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Getting very close to being done with this dungeon. I finished a floor for it and am working towards completing the rest of it.

#4138 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

Orithan, I can't get enough of your tile work. If I was a real game developer, I'd totally hire you as art lead. :)

I did some stuff. Basically, I'm finally getting serious about finis-- hahaha, oh, I can't even keep a straight face. No, but I did some tile work. Nothing too ground breaking, and certainly not enough to show. :P
  • Reflectionist and Matthew like this

#4139 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Finished a dungeon. It has some of the weirdest design. Hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

Edited by TheRock, 15 June 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#4140 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

Made a overworld!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users