Street preaching, street preacher etc. discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:46 AM

What cases have you known, heard of etc. of a street preacher unjustifyingly being physically mean to someone?

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

I don't doubt that it happens, but I've never heard of that kind of thing. Has something happened to you?

#3 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

I've seen it, verbally, occasionally. I generally try to avoid street preachers, but if they start being assholes, I just tear their religion to pieces until they cry. I'd like to note that I'm *usually* very respectful about people's religious beliefs and generally won't challenge them; but if a preacher decides to start contest over who can be the bigger dick, I'll win every time

As far as them getting physical, that's a completely different story, it's assault and battery, at that point, and you call the cops and have them arrested.

Edited by Binx, 28 July 2018 - 12:25 PM.

#4 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I know of street preachers who are disrespectful (luckily haven't run in to many myself); I just meant that I haven't heard of preachers actually attacking people. Either way, for the majority of religions, it's hypocrisy.

#5 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

Closest I've ever come to seeing a street preacher of any kind is this old guy on a street corner a few miles away who plays guitar and yells incoherently.  He's never attacked anyone to my knowledge though.

#6 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

manic street preachers seem like they're thoroughly okay but i've only heard the holy bible, haven't really listened to any of their other stuff

well, i hope you enjoyed my whimsical and frankly hilarious music reference.  i'm logging off now

• Nathaniel and Russ like this

#7 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

I should note that I've never seen a preacher get physical with someone unjustly. Or, at all, for that matter (not that they don't, simple odds make it highly unlikely that it doesn't happen fairly regularly, I've just never seen it.) However, assault is assault, no matter who does it, and calling the cops if you were physically threatened or harmed is the way to handle that.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users