Here is Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Beta 24 for Windows
Here is ZC 2.53, Beta 24, which fixes the following, over the last major beta build:
- Fixed erratic crashes when ZC or ZQuest was left running in the background.
- Re-fixed Dodongos, and patched 1st.qst through 5th.qst to use the correct death sounds in all five default quests.
- Added new GUI themes to ZC and ZQuest including a new Dark Theme.
- The theme configs (gui_colorset in zc.cfg and zquest.cfg) are 2019 (for the Dark Theme) and 201018 for the Autumn Expo Theme, respectively.
- Fixed input getting stuck. This primarily affected directional input, but it was known to occur with any button.
- Additional backward-compaibility patches with 2.10 quests.
- Dodongs now make the correct sound on death.
- Generating a .key file in ZQuest now also generates two additional files:
- A zcheatfile, which allows a player to use the cheats menu at level 4, but does not allow opening the quest file in ZQuest.
- A zpwd file, which allows editing the quest file in ZQuest, but does not enable cheats in the ZC player.
- Fixed bugs when using F5 (save map image).
- Added settings to Set/GetLayerCombo*() in std.zh, to enable more uniform use on layer 0.
- Fixed improper whistle warp points, whistle warp order, and Triforce ordering in 2nd.qst; it now matches the true NES game.
- Fixed the lens stealing sound effects and other properties of other items when mashing buttons.
- Fixed sword beam and prism combo interaction.
- Fixed Magic Book with MP cost, and Melee Weapons with MP costs not properly following it, and added QRs for these behaviours.
- Changed the behaviour of cheat menu hotkeys: They now require Shift+Control modifier keys to be pressed.
- Fixed hard crash when trying to load an ASM script with an invalid filename that has been around since 2.11!
- Fixed cheat menu 'Max Bombs' capping at 99.
- It is now possible to set a manual screen Catchall, on None room types.
- Fixes DMap Intro String playing in Ganon rooms, and adds a QR for the old behaviour.
- Init Data values can now go up to 255 for bombs, max bombs, arrows, max arrows, super bombs, keys, and max keys.
- Fixes the lens costing rupees when Link has the infinite wallet.
- Fixes vires being frozen if they do not split on hit.
- Fixed a number of other miscellaneous visual and mechanical issues with items, and enemies.
- Fixed quests made in 2.50.2 and earlier, using DrawCharacter() or DrawInteger() scale from improperly scaling.
- Adds QR for Ganon Intro String issue.
- The Ganon QR prevents showing a dmap intro string during a Ganon fight if the DMap rule 'Always Show Intro String' is enabled.
- Adds Extra Rule so that quests made prior to 2.53.0 that have a magic cost on sword beams (only) do not apply it to sword blades. This is slated to become an item flag in 2.54.
- Updated ZCL to 2.6.9.
- Swords now obey magic costs.
- Revised Quest Header dialogue and added tooltips to it.
- Fixed 'About' version details
- Corrected the tooltip for Slash->Item combos.
- Improved efficiency of string.zh functions, and updated the docs.
- Fixed Link->Misc not being divided or multiplied (internally) by 10000.
- Fixed Item Editor InitD values being clamped to -32786/32768.
- VBound ZQuest combo editor fields: Cset to -15/+15, Aframes (0,255), ASpeed (0,255) to prevent rollover.
- Optimised some functions in std.zh that returned boolean values and were comparing against != 0.
- Fixed game ending sequence clipping from carrying over to another quest if ZC is reset during the ending.
- Diagonally scrolling left and down from a specific pixel no longer crashes ZC.
- Opening the console now presents the user with a warning that has a yes/no dialogue.
- Optimised some std.zh functions.
- Fixed a bug where F9 resetting during the ending sequence would preserve the clipping rectangle through to new quests.
- Fixes issues with 1.84 quest compatibility.
- Reworded Controller Directions dialogue.
- Fixes issues with some 2.50.x quests that use Game->Get/SetCombo* functions (e.g. Panoply of Calatia).
- Fixes DrawInteger not properly displaying values when set not to display a decimal point.
- Fixes Size of Game->Lkeys and Game->LItems.
- Fixes rollover in the combo editor fields.
- Split ag.cfg into three files: ag.cfg (RomView, ZCL), zc.cfg (Zelda Classic), and zquest.cfg (ZQuest), to prevent a file access clash that caused overwriting of settings.
- Update for ZCL to use the new config files; and also to use zelda.exe, zquest.exe, and romview.exe, instead of files with a -w extension. This is likewise identical in Linux, dropping the -l extension for binaries. ZCL is now v2.6.4.
See the Changelog below for more information. As before, the Build ID for this release is '31', to distinguish between 2.50.3RC1 (Build ID '30') and earlier ZC releases.
This thread replaces the previous Beta thread for 2.53.0.
We would appreciate bug reports on any of the following:
- Playing quests made in 1.92, 2.10, 2.50.x and reporting any compatibility bugs.
- Verification that scripts made in 2.50.0, 2.50.1, 2.50.2, and 2.50.3RC1 still work.
- Testing that scripts compiled in 2.53.0 work properly in 2.53.0.
- Tests that scripted quests compiled and saved in 2.53.0 work properly on 2.50.2 (and/or 2.50.3RC1).
- Bug reports on any changes, or new features.
- Bug reports on joystick configuration.
Please note: The std.zh files in this package may not represent what will be included in the final release. It is likely that the std.zh changes will be pushed forward to 2.55 or later, and not included; but they will be available as a separate download. The latest versions of all common ZScript headers will be included in the final release.
This release is built on the Allegro library, version 4.4.3, with some special fixes applies, and it includes new Allegro library files.
Zelda Classic and ZQuest v.2.53.0 API Specification (PDF, Rev. 1.2)
ZLaunch Repository on GitHub
Zelda Classic Changelog for v.2.53.0 Beta 23
ZLaunch Changes v2.6.9
Thank you for testing, and for your feedback!
Edited by ZoriaRPG, 19 October 2018 - 07:21 PM.