Here is Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Beta 11 for Windows
Here is ZC 2.53, Beta 11, which fixes the following, over the last major beta build:
- Diagonally scrolling left and down from a specific pixel no longer crashes ZC.
- Opening the console now presents the user with a warning that has a yes/no dialogue.
- Optimised some std.zh functions.
- Fixed a bug where F9 resetting during the ending sequence would preserve the clipping rectangle through to new quests.
- Fixes issues with 1.84 quest compatibility.
- Reworded Controller Directions dialogue.
- Fixes issues with some 2.50.x quests that use Game->Get/SetCombo* functions (e.g. Panoply of Calatia).
- Fixes DrawInteger not properly displaying values when set not to display a decimal point.
- Fixes Size of Game->Lkeys and Game->LItems.
- Fixes rollover in the combo editor fields.
- Split ag.cfg into three files: ag.cfg (RomView, ZCL), zc.cfg (Zelda Classic), and zquest.cfg (ZQuest), to prevent a file access clash that caused overwriting of settings.
- Update for ZCL to use the new config files; and also to use zelda.exe, zquest.exe, and romview.exe, instead of files with a -w extension. This is likewise identical in Linux, dropping the -l extension for binaries. ZCL is now v2.6.4.
See the Changelog below for more information. As before, the Build ID for this release is '31', to distinguish between 2.50.3RC1 (Build ID '30') and earlier ZC releases.
This thread replaces the previous Beta thread for 2.53.0.
We would appreciate bug reports on any of the following:
- Playing quests made in 1.92, 2.10, 2.50.x and reporting any compatibility bugs.
- Verification that scripts made in 2.50.0, 2.50.1, 2.50.2, and 2.50.3RC1 still work.
- Testing that scripts compiled in 2.53.0 work properly in 2.53.0.
- Tests that scripted quests compiled and saved in 2.53.0 work proper;y on 2.50.2 (and/or 2.50.3RC1).
- Bug reports on any changes, or new features.
- Bug reports on joystick configuration.
Please note: The std.zh files in this package may not represent what will be included in the final release. It is likely that the std.zh changes will be pushed forward to 2.54 or later, and not included; but they will be available as a separate download. The latest versions of all common ZScript headers will be included in the final release.
This release is built on the Allegro library, version 4.4.3, with some special fixes applies, and it includes new Allegro library files.
Zelda Classic and ZQuest v.2.53.0 API Specification (PDF, Rev. 1.2)
ZLaunch Repository on GitHub
Zelda Classic Changelog for v.2.53.0 Beta 10
ZLaunch Changes v2.6.1
ROMview Changelog Version 2.6.x
Fixed calls fromn the button UI to zelda-w.exe and zquest-w.exe to use zelda.exe and zquest.exe. ( ZoriaRPG, 15th October, 2017 )
Binary: Updated upx compressed binary file to v2.6.3.
Chore: Fixed version ID. ( ZoriaRPG, 6th October, 2017 )
Fix: Added hardcoded config settings for RomView.
Changelog: Added hardcoded agcfg.writestring() values for ['romview-graphics']. ( ZoriaRPG, 6th October, 2017 )
Changed calls to romview-w.exe and romview-l to romview.exe and romview, for Windows and Linux, respectively.
Added write instructions for the [graphics] section (for video drivers) to write to all three config files.
Segregated all calls to ag.cfg:
All calls to ag.cfg have been segregated as follows:
Calls specific to ZC read and write to zc.cfg.
Calls specific to ZQuest read and write to zquest.cfg.
Calls for ROMView, and all calls made for ZCL-specific sections
( section 'ZCL' and section 'graphics' ) read and write to ag.cfg. ( ZoriaRPG, 6th October, 2017 )
Removed the -w and -l filename tags for the binaries.
The compiler output for ZC outputs zelda.exe, and zquest.ext, romview.exe
on windows, and zelda, zquest, and romview for Linux and OSX.
The change uses the filenames from the compiler output.
(MacOSX versions will follow this format.)
The change is:
zelda-w.exe -> zelda.exe
zquest-w.exe -> zquest.exe
zelda-l -> zelda
zquest-l -> zquest
This should speed up some testing, as the filename changes are time-consuming. ( ZoriaRPG, 6th October, 2017 )
Added Win32 platform guards to ZCL video driver selection, and bumped version to 2.6.1. ( ZoriaRPG, 29th August, 2017 )
Added the ability to set the allegro video mode on Windows (fullscreen, and windowed drivers).
Added 'Drivers' tab. ( ZoriaRPG, 28th August, 2017 )
Added ROMView launching button to main panel. ( ZoriaRPG, 27th August, 2017 )
Thank you for testing, and for your feedback!