• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:43 PM

https://www.dropbox....ileset.qst?dl=0

Another thing I was working on off and on for a while. It's pretty incomplete (and there are a lot of leftovers from older versions), but I think it's interesting enough to be worth sharing. There are some nice tiles you can rip, at least, but they'll need some recoloring for other sets. If anyone actually wants to continue work on it, go right ahead. There are a bunch of tiles I never asked permission to include, though, mostly Linkus's... Probably should've done that while he was still here to ask. :P

This was intended to be an advanced tileset with some degree of customization expected. The main focus is color variety, hence the name. It was meant to have mix-and-match dungeon palettes, with dungeons typically having three major colors. In the overworld, it relies heavily on 8-bit tiles to reduce redundancy. Grass colors are in CSet 3 only, and dirt, sand, mountains, and wood all have separate colors. CSets 0 and 1 are extra colors for 8-bit tiles, and CSet 5 is used for enemies.
  • ShadowTiger, Shane, Avaro and 4 others like this

#2 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:15 PM

I can't download it to check, but is this tileset comprised of original tiles? The description sounds alluring, and hopefully I can expand off of it for my own quest/tileset if there aren't any Nintendo sprites in it.

#3 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:47 PM

No, there's very little that I did myself, and what's not ripped is from the database. It's mostly the same stuff from Pure and DoR, though a number of things are taken from non-Zelda games.

Are you looking for stuff that's free to use legally? If that's the case, you could try opengameart.org or itch.io.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:37 PM

I'm really liking the grass and dirt in this set. I might end up ripping some of this into a project I'm working on. Thanks for sharing this!

• ShadowTiger likes this

#5 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

No, there's very little that I did myself, and what's not ripped is from the database. It's mostly the same stuff from Pure and DoR, though a number of things are taken from non-Zelda games.
Are you looking for stuff that's free to use legally? If that's the case, you could try opengameart.org or itch.io.

Oh, ok. Like I said my laptop is out of commission until the weekend so I wasn't able to check. Since your first post didn't mention Zelda stuff was included I got excited about it.

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:27 PM

Where da screenies at, boyo?

#7 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:26 AM

Eh, didn't really seem appropriate for dumping an abandoned project. But whatever, have these two:

zelda005.pngzelda004.png

Definitely would've worked on the grass-mountain transitions some more. I have a really bad habit of wanting to work on things as soon as I give up on them. :P Could get rid of those grays in CSet 1, maybe put in another red and green... Or maybe make it another enemy CSet. Ah, well.
  • ShadowTiger, NoeL, Twilight Knight and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users