Photo

Screenshot of the Week 50

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:30 AM

And the nominees are...

MountainDrew
user posted image
One, MountainDrew with a screenshot, and two that's Luigi instead of Mario... What's going on here?!?

Blonde799
user posted image
Hey, there's no christmas tree here!

PolygonX8
user posted image
Link decides that maybe this isn't the place for a Tarzan immitation.

PrettyBoy
user posted image
"Adventure Island"

codelinker8705
user posted image

jman2050
user posted image
I told you the title screen wouldn't always suck icon_razz.gif

link3505 and BH4
user posted image
"A room in the Sun Tower."
(This shot was created by both link3505 and BH4)

#2 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:40 AM

MountainDrew- Looks great, I love the entire Luigi thing happening. Cool.

Blonde799- I like the setup of the room and the vine tiles you use.

PolygonX8- Looks awesome, I can't wait to see that when I test for it.

PrettyBoy- That is an awesome screen, I love the boat and how it reminds me of WW. *votes* icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

codelinker8705- I like the trees and stuff inside the dungeon, these are my favorite types of dungeons.

jman2050- Nice job on the title screen. icon_biggrin.gif

link3505 and BH4- Very colorful, I enjoy a bit of excitement in screens. Good Job!

All of these are very good screens. It was a tough decision.

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:47 AM

Wow. These all look great.

MountainDrew - Ok, this is just kick @$$. Man, I love that shot. If I didn't enter, you'd definetely get my vote icon_biggrin.gif.

Blonde799 - Cool! I love the Link and the dungeon walls. Got sick of always seeing those LTTP walls...

PolygonX8 (Me) - What can I say? I love my hookshot and my Link! icon_lol.gif

PrettyBoy - Nice tiles and colors man, that looks incredible! 2nd place icon_smile.gif. BTW, is that a sprite of one of the staffs from FFTA in the B box?

codelinker8705 - I love how you mixed a forest with dungeon tiles. Mixing OW and dungeons gives a great feel to quests. One thing is odd though, the trees and such look somewhat of a "chandelier". They can look like they're on top of the walls, but then again, they look like they're floating in the sky. Argh! Optical illusion icon_wacky.gif !

jman2050 - That must've taken awhile! That's what I call shading.

link3505 and BH4 - Flash and bright, but cool! Really is something new when it comes to dungeon design.

This is definetely a week of incredible shots.

#4 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:52 AM

MD: Only one thing I can say... icon_omg.gif That shot is badass, man. I like it more than Prince's. *votes for*

Blonde: I'm.. not really sure. Original.

Polygon: Nice custom tiles. Also, I am in LOVE with that hookshot.

Prince: Sweet, dude. Very good job drawing the ship from WW. All in all, a very good screen.

Codelinker: A good shot, no doubt. But, where are the never before seen tiles you mentioned in chat? And, how exactly is a forest area a cavern?

jman: Custom art is always admirable.. I'm just not a fan of how that looks, though. Very good job drawing it, though.

BH4/link: I dunno.. I am not liking that palette in the slightest. Those floors are pretty funky too.

#5 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:34 AM

Ah crap I'm up against two magnificent shots: MountainDrew and PrettyBoy. If only i had been warned sooner...

MD: Crap, that's awesome. That's the best use of a Mario tileset yet

Blonde799: Bleh. I like the colors, and the plant growth makes it look interesting, but this shot is too plain as a whole.

Polygon X8: See Blonde's description, only without the plant growth

PrettyBoy: Is that a Wind Waker quest? That King of Red Lions is awesome, as is the rest of the tileset.

codelinker: Well, all I can say is that the tree and brush areas don't meld well with the dungeon walls at all. Otherwise, it looks very good.

jman2050: That harp took me forever to make, and it still isn't perfect... ah well, it's good enough that most anyone not looking won't notice anything wrong with it. BTW, this is 100% MSPaint icon_razz.gif

link3505 and BH4: The tiles themselves look nice, but those are NOT the right colors to use, and completely knocks down the shots.

Null vote as usual, though I can probably predict who will be the winner (and no, it's not me icon_smile.gif )

#6 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(jman2050 @ Mar 2 2004, 07:34 AM)
Blonde799: Bleh. I like the colors, and the plant growth makes it look interesting, but this shot is too plain as a whole.

Got any ideas on how to make the shot look better(and no enemies don't count icon_razz.gif)?

Edited by Blonde799, 02 March 2004 - 11:11 AM.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:19 AM

Meh. I like them all. For once, Im' not voting. These are all l33t and formidable shots. Kudos to you ALL. icon_smile.gif

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:56 AM

Holy smoke! What a week!
Damn, I'm late again with my shot... Oh well... It's time to rate some screenies. icon_smile.gif

MountainDrew - icon_eek.gif That shot kicks some serious ass! One of the best shots I've ever seen submitted to SotW. The beauty, the originality... Fantastic!
9 / 10

Blonde799 - An ok shot. Cool walls, but other than that the shot is way too bland and the vine tiles look ugly. Adding more different looking tiles would make the shot much better. There's just too much of that plain green...
5 / 10

PolygonX8 - Cool hookshot, pretty good tiles. The layout is ok. There could be more stuff in the screen and the yellow blocks look ugly.
6 / 10

PrettyBoy - Great shot. Are you making a WW quest now? Anyway, everything looks good in that shot except the mountain tiles. And the layout could be more interesting.
8 / 10

coderlinker - This shot is pretty good. It uses old tiles but the layout is great. This is one of those screens that makes me want to play them. icon_smile.gif
7 / 10

jman2050 - A title screen... and a good one. But I don't like the text that much. A looks like O. Not a big deal though.
(no rating)

link3505 and BH4 - Well... the tiles are great, but ugh those colors... icon_mad.gif And there's nothing going on on the screen. You could do so awesome screens with those tiles... :\
3 / 10

#9 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:59 PM

I just can't vote this week, they all look so great.

#10 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:19 PM

Mountain's the best shot icon_smile.gif

#11 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:36 PM

MountainDrew- Nice, Luigi! I like the...layers right?

Blonde799- Nice vines, except maybe a bit more transition to the vine/floor

PolygonX8- Nice blocks and hookshot!

PrettyBoy- I like the water, and 'm fond of the boat!

codelinker8705- Nice nature effect, except maybe change the top grass/ or the walls to match each other

jman2050- Interesting title screen, maybe a bit more roundness all else is perfect!

link3505 and BH4- Now THAT is color!

And the vote goes too!!!! Link3505 and BH4, it was very close!

#12 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:13 PM

MountainDrew: This got my vote. Underused tileset with some badass graphics. Plus, Koopa Kid=instant vote from me. icon_smile.gif
Blonde: Not too bad, but the vines look a little weird, just running along the ceiling. The blank tiles on the ceiling should probably have some texture (e.g. Pure set--dots.)
Polygon: Great screen (love the Darknut mouth icon_thumbsup.gif ). The pit looks a little too black in contrast with the brown on the rest of the screen.
MSC: I never liked those lighter, pastel-ish palattes...and phooey on you for putting a very important item in a spot where it mocks me. icon_glare.gif
codelinker: You're getting much better at this. icon_smile.gif The only thing I don't like is that those tree lines that you're using as the canopy have trunks bordering the edges. Remove those.
jman: It's a title screen...nothing's going on, but I guess that's to be expected...:\
link3505/BH4: Ugg. Waaaay too many bright, clashing colors. (Light blue + red? Gold + purple + brown?)

#13 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:31 PM

I vote for pretty boy...the rocks are really good looking and the ship is like...wow.

#14 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:32 PM

MountainDrew comes out of nowhere and blows everyone out of the water. I like shots like that. icon_razz.gif

MountainDrew:
I really like this shot. The transparency of the boos (I think) is perfect. The shot is setup in an interesting matter (it looks like Luigi is about to hit the fireball with the wrench... whether that actually happens or not. icon_razz.gif ). This shot gets my vote. icon_biggrin.gif

Blonde799:
I can't really think of much to say for this shot. I realise these tiles function well enough for the tileset they are using, but nothing really jumps out at me except the custom looking vines on the walls. icon_shrug.gif

PolygonX8:
I recognize the gameboy walls... but that's not a bad thing. I like this screen due to the originality put into the types of tiles on the screen. This really does look like a temple area instead of just another dungeon. icon_smile.gif

PrettyBoy:
Second place. I think those shoreline tiles are friggin awesome. The reminders of other Zelda games also adds a twist. icon_razz.gif

codelinker8705:
I like the idea. However, the presentation is a little odd looking to me. I'd try to make a better distinction between the ground and the canopy. icon_wink.gif

jman2050:
I admit I could never do better (I cannot draw), but that hand written text looks a little odd. Maybe add a little depth into it. Overall, good drawing. icon_wink.gif

link3505 and BH4:
The palatte doesn't go well for me (the walls, to be specific). It looks like there was some tile work put into the walls (shiny looking). It's a good screen. Change the wall colors a bit and it'd be nice. icon_wink.gif

... whew. Lots of submissions this week gave me a typing workout. icon_blah.gif

#15 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Praethus @ Mar 1 2004, 11:30 PM)
MountainDrew
Great Mario shot. Looks like a lot of chaos @_@. But the Luigi tile is odd. 9/10

Blonde799
Nice idea, but all of the vies together looks odd. 6/10

PolygonX8
Nice new tiles. But, not a winner to the competition. 9/10

PrettyBoy
I personally, like the cliffs. The boat looks great too. *votes* 10/10

codelinker8705
The way the shrubs are above the walls, then on the floor just looks strange to me. 6/10

jman2050
One side of the heart is flat. 8/10

link3505 and BH4
Very colorful. But, very strange combination of colors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users