Legend of Zelda NSF

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

So, I uploaded the first version of this a couple years ago, but we (my brother and I) finished version 2 a couple months ago.

For those of you who don't know, this is basically an NSF of non 8-bit zelda music, but in 8-bit, for use with 8-bit tilesets (Classic, EZGBZ, etc.). That's really it.

Here's the database link:

https://www.purezc.n...ge=music&id=501

And here's a link to the topic in Developer's Exchange:

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=64208

Btw, feel free to make requests, though I should not it's unlikely that we will be able to do everything, and we don't tend to remix music that's already available in 8-bit (i.e. music from the NES and GB games)

EDIT: I should mention that I have purposely not put a poll in. If you want to rate it, do so via a review, please, and leave feedback either here or there.

Edited by klop422, 04 November 2017 - 09:10 AM.

• Mitsukara, Eddy, a30502355 and 2 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:06 PM

Those are some really nice songs you have there, I easily recognised them all and they are some pretty nice remixes. I guess as a suggestion, maybe you could add some Wind Waker songs (since I love that soundtrack lol). Haven't got any specifically in mind, but anything could work.

#3 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

Wow! I already liked the original, but this update is great! The new sound on the LTTP rainy night (and intro song version) sounds especially great in comparison, and all the new songs are great too. (I wish I'd added this to my own quest... maybe if I update it again?) I'd definitely love to see more people use this!

I also really like the redone overworld music, it sounds great! I liked it before, but the finished full-length track is nice. And that LTTP boss music sounds wonderful- definitely capturing the LTTP orchestration's tone in 8 bit, rather than sounding like the Zelda II version (since they're sort of the same underyliing melody).

I don't have really big requests for any particular purpose, but I do agree Wind Waker songs would be neat. The Ocean theme or the Dragon Roost Island theme, in particular.

Edited by Mitsukara, 07 November 2017 - 07:32 AM.

#4 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

I think we were thinking Molgera, although three percussion tracks on a VRC6 chip (yay for jargon!) is difficult. We've worked around it for two in some of the tracks, but... we'll see.

Also, not confirming or denying anything, but I've considered the ocean theme.

• Eddy likes this

#5 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Maybe the final ganon battle from OoT?

#6 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

I'm not very familiar with any of the Zelda music other than Z1-Z3, but the selections in here easily sound like they would fit right into any other NES game, Zelda or not, so good job on capturing the classic sound and style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users