ghost.zh 2.53

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

I moved on to ZC 2.53 as soon as his first official release seen the light of the day. I would want to update My old quest to fix some reported bugs. But on attempt to move on to included ghost.zh header, I got weird backdrops drawn beneath all ghosted enemies larger than 1x1, right in screen init.

zclYvJx.png

Inside the spoiler is example of enemy script that worked so well in 2.5.0 and ghost.zh 2.7.2

Spoiler

Ditched all scripts that could affect enemy animation from quest and weird backdrop is still here. I used default ghost.zh setup (from the box) and enemy Misc Attribute was set to -2.

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

This should go in the Bug Report Forums

#3 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

Did you remember to set the ghost.zh constant for the tile which needs to be set to the upper-left tile of a 4x4 of transparent tiles?

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:44 AM

Your tileset may not have been configured to use the standard values. I'd suspect that, as the included ghost script works just fine. Also check the values in ffscript.zh against your quest.

#5 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:57 AM

Did you remember to set the ghost.zh constant for the tile which needs to be set to the upper-left tile of a 4x4 of transparent tiles?

Thanks for reminder, Setting GH_INNVISIBLE_COMBO to blank tile worked, but it should be set from get go, if it comes bundled with ZC download. I had this culprit in the mind, but bug after setup persisted somehow. Gotta update all enemy scripts to use Ghost_SetSize function. 

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for reminder, Setting GH_INNVISIBLE_COMBO to blank tile worked, but it should be set from get go, if it comes bundled with ZC download. I had this culprit in the mind, but bug after setup persisted somehow. Gotta update all enemy scripts to use Ghost_SetSize function. 

Here are ghost.zh constant settings used to fix bug with backdrops on enemies.
// Top-left corner of a 4x4 block of blank tiles
const int GH_BLANK_TILE = 300; // Min: 0, Max: 65456

// Invisible combo with no properties set
const int GH_INVISIBLE_COMBO = 406; // Min: 1, Max: 65279
And combo used for ghost.zh blank tiles in Classic tileset/module.
Spoiler

The classic tileset should work just fine with the default settings?

// Top-left corner of a 4x4 block of blank tiles
const int GH_BLANK_TILE = 65456; // Min: 0, Max: 65456

// Invisible combo with no properties set
const int GH_INVISIBLE_COMBO = 1; // Min: 1, Max: 65279

That tile bank is blank, and that combo uses a blank tile in the default blank quest.

Classic.zh aso uses CMB_INVISIBLE, which is also Combo 1.

Those are the boxed values for ghost.zh.

I take it that this only occurs with resized enemies, and only using an old ghost function? What I am seeing, is that the block of tiles next to the tile used by combo 1 are being drawn.

#7 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:33 AM

I take it that this only occurs with resized enemies, and only using an old ghost function? What I am seeing, is that the block of tiles next to the tile used by combo 1 are being drawn.

Yes, that bug happens only with enemies larger than 1x1 in tile size.

Edited by Alucard648, 05 April 2019 - 12:38 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost.zh, 2.53

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users