Anyone want tracker music?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:21 PM

I guess I should officially start advertising myself as being willing to make tracks.

As of now, I'm only really familiar with Famitracker (in terms of creating music for ZC stuff), but as you can see from the Legend of Zelda NSF, I'm pretty comfortable with that (yes, my brother and I made that together, but if you want specific tracks which I made, try Snowpeak Ruins or Zora's Domain). I also made this thing in Famitracker. I did also make an nsf for the open assets (which I may upload soon-ish, but I still have to complete the MIDIs for :/)

So, if you want an 8-bit remix or original music for your project, just let me know. Might take a little bit right now (I'm still about halfway through my semester, so I can't prioritise this until exams are done at the end of May). Also, Zelda remixes might be a little weird, since we're kind of keeping those for the Zelda NSF (though feel free to go over there and make a request/suggestion; there's still work being done on that).

So, tl;dr: I'm down to make Famitracker stuff for people, but don't expect too much, too soon. Just wanted to let people know I'm down for it.

EDIT: Since Mani Kanina asked, I'll say that licensing would probably be discussed on a case-by-case basis, but it'd probably be something along the lines of CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons with attribution and share-alie; basically, give credit, and if you're sharing/editing the music you should share it under the same license). Again, might be slightly case-by-case (and if you need specific things and are not sure, then feel free to ask).

Edited by klop422, 25 February 2021 - 12:40 PM.

• Shane, Eddy and Matthew like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:25 PM

I could definitely use some 8-bit remixes for my next quest project in the near-ish future, so when the time comes I'll probably send you a list of songs in Discord dms if that would be fine.

#3 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:50 PM

I could definitely use some 8-bit remixes for my next quest project in the near-ish future, so when the time comes I'll probably send you a list of songs in Discord dms if that would be fine.

That'd be absolutely fine! Again, I don't have too much time right now (as I explained above), but I'd be happy to do some stuff (and tbh if I end up ahead on my uni work I'll have some extra time).

• Eddy likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:45 PM

That's all fine by me, I'm not in a rush for anything so I understand :P

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:19 PM

I'd love more original music to use, so if you're interested there are plenty of things you could compose for Nestastic 2.

Just specify what kind of license you release it under so I know how to proper accommodate, while remixes of other music is kinda all over the place, I want to at least properly credit original compositions by indie authors.

#6 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:07 PM

I'd love more original music to use, so if you're interested there are plenty of things you could compose for Nestastic 2.

Just specify what kind of license you release it under so I know how to proper accommodate, while remixes of other music is kinda all over the place, I want to at least properly credit original compositions by indie authors.

What do you mean license? Just put him in the credits like everyone else.

#7 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:44 PM

If you had any specifics then I'd be happy to have a look and see what I can do!

I've added a little paragraph at the bottom of my original post, but essentially, since I'm starting out and most of the projects on here are freely available anyway, I'd probably be releasing most of my stuff under Creative Commons, BY-SA (attribution, share-alike), though it'd be nice if you (or whoever) would confirm that with me for each thing I do.

#8 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:11 PM

What do you mean license? Just put him in the credits like everyone else.

This generally don't come up in zelda classic quests because we are using material we don't have the rights for, but when releasing public material for others to use that is originally to you, listing a license agreement is generally a good idea. To make sure people know how they are allowed to use it and what manner of crediting you want, this is pretty common practice.

If you had any specifics then I'd be happy to have a look and see what I can do!

I've added a little paragraph at the bottom of my original post, but essentially, since I'm starting out and most of the projects on here are freely available anyway, I'd probably be releasing most of my stuff under Creative Commons, BY-SA (attribution, share-alike), though it'd be nice if you (or whoever) would confirm that with me for each thing I do.

Honestly, it's a wide variety of things that is needed, so take your pick for what you fancy, really:
1. Overworld music for a "dark" themed overworld, think world of darkness in FF3ish for visual aesthetic.
2. Boss music.
3. Dungeon music for ~8 dungeons.
4. Music for a shrine (think minish cap's elemental sanctuary for aesthetic style and purpose)

#9 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:37 PM

Honestly, it's a wide variety of things that is needed, so take your pick for what you fancy, really:
1. Overworld music for a "dark" themed overworld, think world of darkness in FF3ish for visual aesthetic.
2. Boss music.
3. Dungeon music for ~8 dungeons.
4. Music for a shrine (think minish cap's elemental sanctuary for aesthetic style and purpose)

Well, again, to be clear, I'm a little short of time currently (until at the very least I catch up on my Physics work :P), but honestly I'm already getting ideas! If you're willing to wait a little I'd be happy to do at least a few of these.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#10 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:09 PM

Well, again, to be clear, I'm a little short of time currently (until at the very least I catch up on my Physics work :P), but honestly I'm already getting ideas! If you're willing to wait a little I'd be happy to do at least a few of these.

Absolutely, take your time, it's not as if the quest is anywhere near complete either, so far it's sitting at like, 3,5/9 dungeons done, no overworld secrets, etc.

#11 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:10 AM

I guess I should officially start advertising myself as being willing to make tracks.

As of now, I'm only really familiar with Famitracker (in terms of creating music for ZC stuff), but as you can see from the Legend of Zelda NSF, I'm pretty comfortable with that (yes, my brother and I made that together, but if you want specific tracks which I made, try Snowpeak Ruins or Zora's Domain). I also made this thing in Famitracker. I did also make an nsf for the open assets (which I may upload soon-ish, but I still have to complete the MIDIs for :/)

So, if you want an 8-bit remix or original music for your project, just let me know. Might take a little bit right now (I'm still about halfway through my semester, so I can't prioritise this until exams are done at the end of May). Also, Zelda remixes might be a little weird, since we're kind of keeping those for the Zelda NSF (though feel free to go over there and make a request/suggestion; there's still work being done on that).

So, tl;dr: I'm down to make Famitracker stuff for people, but don't expect too much, too soon. Just wanted to let people know I'm down for it.

EDIT: Since Mani Kanina asked, I'll say that licensing would probably be discussed on a case-by-case basis, but it'd probably be something along the lines of CC-BY-SA (Creative Commons with attribution and share-alie; basically, give credit, and if you're sharing/editing the music you should share it under the same license). Again, might be slightly case-by-case (and if you need specific things and are not sure, then feel free to ask).

So, as I mentioned many times we need tracker music for the open assets package. I think that you expressed interest in the past, ut if you are looking for something beneficial to make, this would be very nice for us to have to offer the userbase if it is GPL. 

• Shane and klop422 like this

#12 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:28 PM

So, as I mentioned many times we need tracker music for the open assets package. I think that you expressed interest in the past, ut if you are looking for something beneficial to make, this would be very nice for us to have to offer the userbase if it is GPL. 

You're right, I did mention I'd like to do something.

iirc I did complete some tracks (maybe an entire basic soundtrack) but I didn't complete more than a couple tracks in MIDI form, and I forget if I ever sent it to you.

btw, if anyone wants to discuss specific projects, feel free to message me on Discord or pm me on here.

#13 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 28 March 2021 - 05:22 PM

Heya there. I would like to ask a music request in famitracker format. The music is called itself Sinnoh Underground from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I was thinking about recreating the entiere music but with some edits that would match for either the mine styles (with or without the lava bubbling sound for the music) or something that would fit more with the ruins and temple styles :) 

#14 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 29 March 2021 - 07:40 AM

I think the music itself would probably work as-is in a ruin/temple (though I'll think about what edits might be made). Lava-bubbling sounds would probably be better put in as sfx. I still have a week of uni classes, but after that's done I can try and work on this, though! (Again, got exams in May, so it'll still be happening between my studies)

#15 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:13 AM

No problem ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users