Item always in screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

hello i would like to ask a little question. It's possible that we can make a item always in the screen even if Link take it or it needs to uses a script ? because i would like to try make a water sideview levels for when Link dives in the water and that he discovers some secrets zones. 

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:50 AM

Do you want it to be on the screen if Link takes it, without leaving the screen; or just to reappear every time he visits that screen?

Either way, it'd need a script. Once Link takes a screen item, ZC writes Screen->HasItem = false, and there's no flag or other condition to un-do that without scripts.

#3 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

I believe there was a script to place an item anywhere on a screen (i.e. not within the half-tile grid) which respawned it every time you entered the screen. If that's what you need, I'd be happy to look in the script database for it (or you could have a look yourself).

#4 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

Do you want it to be on the screen if Link takes it, without leaving the screen; or just to reappear every time he visits that screen?

Either way, it'd need a script. Once Link takes a screen item, ZC writes Screen->HasItem = false, and there's no flag or other condition to un-do that without scripts.

well i could make it reappear everytime he visits the screen. That would avoid that Link never turn back in case that Link takes the item and that disappears like normal items. Or we could make 2 items. One that turns Link back to normal and the item that turns Link into a sideview swiming Link but i was thinking about disable the B button for this item. (because that cause Link to 'dive' ) but only allow him to uses a sword. 

#5 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

There's a non-script exploit for reappearing items people have been using for years:

On the screen that has the item, check the "Sprites carry over in warp" and "Auto-warps are direct" boxes in the screen data and make a timed warp that immediately instawarps to an identical "dummy" screen. On this dummy screen, have the left/right side warps scroll to the screens left/right of the original respectively (assuming this is a horizontal sideview passage).

What happens, technically, is the item is carried over from the original screen but picked up on the dummy screen, which activates the "got item" flag for the dummy screen and not the original. So each time Link enters the original screen the game thinks Link hasn't picked up the item and so spawns one in, which is then carried over to the dummy screen to be picked up again.

Edited by NoeL, 22 December 2018 - 07:37 PM.

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

There's a non-script exploit for reappearing items people have been using for years:

On the screen that has the item, check the "Sprites carry over in warp" and "Auto-warps are direct" boxes in the screen data and make a timed warp that immediately instawarps to an identical "dummy" screen. On this dummy screen, have the left/right side warps scroll to the screens left/right of the original respectively (assuming this is a horizontal sideview passage).

What happens, technically, is the item is carried over from the original screen but picked up on the dummy screen, which activates the "got item" flag for the dummy screen and not the original. So each time Link enters the original screen the game thinks Link hasn't picked up the item and so spawns one in, which is then carried over to the dummy screen to be picked up again.

I do my best to avoid offering solutions based on ZC bugs, when there's a supportable option. :P

This is precisely the kind of exploit that makes it so blasted difficult to make one version of ZC that can play all older quests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users