Photo

Screenshot of the Week 686

Dimentio klop422 Orithan Joelmacool Sheik

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 686 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

klop422
klop422.png
How do those peahats fly so well in the snow?

Dimentio
Dimentio.png
Tres bien!

Orithan
Orithan.png
"Where am I?"

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
The Catacombs hold many secrets, but of course, only some of those will never be known...

Sheik
Sheik.png
  • Joelmacool likes this

#2 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:26 PM

As of voting, me and one other person have cast votes, but only one screen has a vote, and this post has been up for ~5 minutes. Does someone just go and null every SotW? Anywayyyyssssss....

I voted for Sheik, mostly 'cause having a nice pure screen is a great change of pace from all the GB stuff recently. That's not to say that the GB screens are bad -- in fact, they're really nice, but yeah, oversaturation makes their attractiveness have diminishing returns.

Edited by Matthew, 26 November 2018 - 08:26 PM.

• Jared likes this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

Voted Dimentio, the sky beach setting is very nice.

• Deedee likes this

#4 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

Klop422 - I am not a big fan of the colors, the snowstorm or the tileset, but it simply is a great classic snowy mountain screen. Voted here.

Dimentio - that isn't a red lucario I assume? It's a great screen, beautiful palette, setting and tiles, only feels kinda lifeless?

Orithan - not sure what to say. It's a nice yuurai screen. The symbols look a bit like they lack depth compared to the rest.

Eddy - very nice screen, the gray/brown might be a bit too colorless though and the green of the cacti is a bit eye poking. The right/up corner is also quite empty, does kind of fit the atmosphere though.

Sheik - that's a nice one, very atmospheric. The palette look to me like the sun started going down. Obvious flaw are the transition between mountain/grass/dirt.
  • Deedee and Matthew like this

#5 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:06 AM

Klop:

I've been quite reserved on how Peppermint Peak and the other snow area in 1 Screen Massacre looked for a while. I am not a huge fan of the mist combined with the falling snow because it feels a tad too obscuring. Maybe it would look better with less falling snow. The walkways feel a tad narrow but it is not a big issue here since the only things you fight here are Peahats. Aside from that, keep up the good work.

Dimentio:

This... I've never seen before. This has definitely caught my interest, even if the layout feels generic. I would be asking questions about this curious location and immediately investigate the area. Well done.

Myself:

P A S S   I N T O   T H E   U N K N O W N

Joel:

Greencacti, Greencacti, Greencacti everywhere. The End.

>.> <.<

Okay, I will write a serious review now. This is an interesting. It feels very arid, like that of a desert cave and all the little details help bring the immersion across. The greencatci do admittedly poke out a bit much (pun intended) and it isn't nearly as interesting as the others to look at.

Shiek:

This is an all round lovely screen. Nice, fresh and charming and it does do a lot to keep the player interested. I can't find anything wrong.

I null voted because I was in

Edited by Orithan, 27 November 2018 - 05:54 AM.

• Deedee and Matthew like this

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

Eddy - very nice screen, the gray/brown might be a bit too colorless though and the green of the cacti is a bit eye poking. The right/up corner is also quite empty, does kind of fit the atmosphere though.

Thank you very much.

... :P

• Joelmacool, LinkFan212, Deedee and 1 other like this

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:57 AM

Shots were all so good I had to null.

Special shoutout to klop for not only the dedication of using this particular style, but also improving on it. I'll be nominating you to the superlatives for most improvement if I hadn't already missed the opportunity due to my inactivity. 

• Deedee likes this

#8 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

Wait, the superlative nomination was already? :o

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:52 AM

Wait, the superlative nomination was already? :o

Next January for the next nominations.

Also since I haven't made any post about the shots yet, these are all a really solid set of shots. Very tough picking out one to vote for, but ultimately I went with Sheik. Nice job guys!

#10 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:50 AM

Orithan best screen!

#11 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:08 AM

Voted for Dimentio this time around because of the French in the caption because I really liked how the sky theme was integrated to the screen and overall I think it looks the best both visually and atmospherically. Great job to all though!

• Deedee likes this

#12 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:51 PM

With 39.13% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 686 is Dimentio!

Dimentio.png
Tres bien!

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- klop422 - 8 votes [17.39%]
- Dimentio - 18 votes [39.13%]
- Orithan - 2 votes [4.35%]
- Joelmacool - 6 votes [13.04%]
- Sheik - 12 votes [26.09%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dimentio, klop422, Orithan, Joelmacool, Sheik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users