Photo

Custom Tribbling Enemies Crash (2.55 Alpha 70)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SparksTheUnicorn

SparksTheUnicorn

Lonk, Hero of Lime

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:48 AM

Version: [ZC 2.55 Alpha 70]

Bug Details:

When using a custom enemy (as in an enemy outside of the pre-made named enemies) of the Walking Enemy type, any enemies with Tribbling death effect will cause the game to crash when the quest is played in ZC. This is a hard crash, and causes ZC to quit quit.

An example of this is found in the Terrorpin enemy in the One Screen Massacre quest project, when played in 2.55, however any custom enemy should cause the crash if it is set to tribble.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

Bug Details:

When using a custom enemy (as in an enemy outside of the pre-made named enemies) of the Walking Enemy type, any enemies with Tribbling death effect will cause the game to crash when the quest is played in ZC. This is a hard crash, and causes ZC to quit quit.

An example of this is found in the Terrorpin enemy in the One Screen Massacre quest project, when played in 2.55, however any custom enemy should cause the crash if it is set to tribble.

http://timelord.inso...c-dev/2.55/a72/

Please try this version. This feels like it could be a division by zero related crash, that we have already fixed, in a version that should be out soon.

#3 SparksTheUnicorn

SparksTheUnicorn

Lonk, Hero of Lime

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

Thanks, I think that worked! Just a quick question since I still new to all this. How do I actually update my current version of zquest? I just moved the new version into the folder with the old version. Is that correct?

Edited by SparksTheUnicorn, 02 June 2020 - 01:13 PM.

#4 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:42 PM

Yes, I believe that is how you update it.

Simply replace the Zquest / Zelda file. Although these types of updates usually comes with the full package most of the time.

#5 SparksTheUnicorn

SparksTheUnicorn

Lonk, Hero of Lime

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

Yes, I believe that is how you update it.

Simply replace the Zquest / Zelda file. Although these types of updates usually comes with the full package most of the time.

I guess I should have worded it better, but I meant what do I do then, with the whole pacakge. I know usual updates include stuff like docs, files, and scripts, so I guess I was wondering how I transfer my data into that new package safely without accidentally corrupting or messing up any of the new updated scripts, docs, or files. Should I just transfer all my script and quest files over or is there something more I would need to do.

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:48 PM

Transferring script and quest files works.

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:35 PM

Bug Details:

Please LMK if this happens with the current alpha. (73). See: https://www.zeldacla....com/downloads/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users