ZC v2.55 alpha a111 - Superbombs in v2.10 quests

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 17 November 2022 - 02:47 PM

I noticed an issue and with superbombs and a related glitch when playing v2.10 quests in Windows v2.55-alpha, various 2022 versions. It seems to default the superbomb item setting to use bombs for ammo instead of superbombs for ammo. You can place superbombs using up your normal bombs, even though you can buy multiple superbombs. There are glitches that are probably a result of conflicting information, which are both graphical and prevent you from even selecting superbombs. It can change between correct and glitched when moving to a new screen by a tile warp with "insta warp" or "insta warp with blackout" to go to a new screen, or a side warp "entrance/exit", or when picking up bombs while you're empty. While glitched, it appears you have no superbombs at the top of the screen and superbombs are missing from the pause menu. Going to a new screen fixes it, tile warp, side warp, or normal travel to the next screen. While not glitched, it looks like normal, but continues to use the wrong ammo. This occurs in Windows alphas a107 (6/10/22), a110 x86 (10/13/22), a110 x64 (10/13/22), and a111 x86 (10/23/22), as well as connor's web server last month. The quest is Link's Decision 2 Chronos the Tears of Fate (stupid sounding name is a movie reference), but it also happens with another v2.10 quest I tried The Nine Villages. In both quests, the number of bombs you can hold is increased by 4 at a time by paying some NPC (the NES method), in case that matters.

I recorded the video below in Windows 10 using v2.55 a107 (6/10/22). No cheats were used in the run, both prior to and during this video, and I bought the two superbombs in a shop. The video is 7 minutes long because I tried a bunch of things to show different situations where the glitchy part occurs, and it's narrated so you know what I'm doing. At the 23 second mark Link steps on a set of direct warp tiles with insta warp, (Link switches back and forth between two overworld maps for the town, you can tell by the music change at the screen outside the town). https://www.youtube....h?v=0UjsK0LpRJM I'm sure the first 90 seconds of the video is more than you need. Thanks.

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 November 2022 - 05:22 PM

*sigh* I've thought at least 3 times that I fixed this issue, yet it seems that I keep missing stupid cases. God the item code versioning SUCKS.

...*SHOULD* be fixed in the next nightly build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users