Photo

Screenshot of the Week 270

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (41 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

Rem
IPB Image
GASP! What's that?! I-It can't be...! ...It is! Waterrrrr~....Who needs water?

dlbrooks34
IPB Image
This just proves how OFF the sword slash offset is in 2.11 <=/...

Prospekt
IPB Image
I stride in the room, all young and hip- hold up my boom box... Hold it. How did I stride into this room anyway?

#2 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

Rem - 8/10 - Very nice shot. Solid, and well-detailed. Nothing in particular really sticks out about it though. Maybe that's just me though. :/

dlbrooks - 7/10 - Also very good. I think that's a bit too many enemies for such a small area though, and the way you used the overhead piece above Link doesn't look very good to me.

Prospekt - 9/10 - I see a lot going on in the room. I like how everything is placed, I can't see any improperly-used graphics, and it's just an overall good shot. *votes*

#3 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

It was a tough choice between Rem and Prospekt icon_unsettled.gif

Rem - This is a very well detailed shot, and well constructed. I can say that with more practice you can be really good with the DoR set. Good job! I love the atmosphere and feel that the screen has. It seems like a peaceful forest and it has decent walkability. Also, where are the enemies? =(

Dlbrooks - I can see that you tried to go for the OoA Ancient tomb look which is fine because that is my favorite part in the game but the shot really doesn't scream SOTW. You might want to change the pallete though. Overall, it's a decent shot.

Prospekt - You really went ahead of yourself with this one dude, this is a well detailed dungeon shot. is Mr.Z giving you tips or something? Because i absolutely love the shot. I can see that It's filled with puzzles and of course brings back that feeling of pure that we all thought we wouldn't see again. Seriously awesome shot dude. I really like that chest puzzle. * Votes *

Good job this week guys! icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

It's too bad I can't see prospekts for some reason...

I voted Dlbrooks, because I thought those ruins graphics were used pretty cleverly.

#5 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

Null'd.

QUOTE(Christian @ Aug 23 2009, 11:22 PM) View Post

It was a tough choice between Rem and Prospekt icon_unsettled.gif

Rem - This is a very well detailed shot, and well constructed. I can say that with more practice you can be really good with the DoR set. Good job! I love the atmosphere and feel that the screen has. It seems like a peaceful forest and it has decent walkability. Also, where are the enemies? =(

The version I currently have on my computer has some weird enemy bug where they appear as discolored Link's slashing about as they move, and my computer is almost dead as it is, so I can't update my version for awhile. Hence why none of the shots I've submitted to anything lately have enemies.

Edited by Rem, 23 August 2009 - 11:16 PM.

#6 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(Rem @ Aug 24 2009, 12:03 AM) View Post

The version I currently have on my computer has some weird enemy bug where they appear as discolored Link's slashing about as they move, and my computer is almost dead as it is, so I can't update my version for awhile. Hence why none of the shots I've submitted to anything lately have enemies.

What version is it? You might what to post that bug over at AGN for the devs to fix before they release another build.

Edited by Christian, 23 August 2009 - 11:15 PM.

#7 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

I very neally nulled, but in the end I went with Prospekt's shot, since it's nice to see such a detailed and interesting dungeon screen in between all the overworld ones.

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:12 AM

I voted for Prospekt. It looks great, I don't see any problems with it. icon_thumbsup.gif

#9 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(Christian @ Aug 24 2009, 12:15 AM) View Post

What version is it? You might what to post that bug over at AGN for the devs to fix before they release another build.

It's a fairly old build, actually. Like, 1004? I'm sure they got reports for it while ago. icon_razz.gif

#10 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

Rem - Good basic screenshot.

dlbrooks - I like the screen design alot, but the palette seems a little dark.

Prospekt - Voted. Excellent dungeon room design.

Unfortunately, nothing really stood out for me, but Prospekt still got my vote.

#11 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

I rarely vote in these things unless something really catches my eye, and this week that vote belongs to Prospekt.

They're all pretty nice though icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

Prospekt by a landslide. Although the water on the botton left looks kinda weird.

#13 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

My vote goes to Prospekt; excellent dungeon shot!

#14 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

I voted for Rem.

Rem:
Sweet DoR1.0! And you could pack a very good number of design elements into one ZC screen. The roads are very appealing.

dlbrooks:
I feel the walls and floor clash... Maybe you need less stepping stones and more sand detail...

Prospekt:
Two hit in one: this screen seems relaxing to play on (unlike most SotW worthy screens), yet it's still SotW worthy. I didn't realize that bottom left water til I read Dawnlight's post. It's actually interesting, if it's "water ceiling" or what, a screen with more of it could be very interesting. Also, if it's a water dungeon, the palette choice was very unique.

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

I voted for Prospekt this week. There are 2 things I noticed, both in the same idea though. Well, those lower walls being brick, while the rest of the place being cave walls looks a bit funny, and the ladder to the left of the screen looks a bit out of aspect. But really, the place does look quite good, those 2 things I'd fix up personally. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users