Yuurand: Tales of the Labyrinth

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#46 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Found a bug, on the screen with the gators in the water and the moving path, you can swim to the right edge and screen transition into a wall in another area. You don't get stuck, though, you can just go back.

screenshot

Huh... I think I know what the problem is. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Also, are these robot guys from something? I tried googling "the wan problem" but the results are all network troubleshooting, and forum search turns up nothing.

They're from 20XX, so they're probably a future project of Aevin's where the release is TBA

Dimentio's correct here, sorta. The robots are from a book he wrote a while back and had been editing off and on for a while that (hopefully) will be ready to publish at some point. Their subscreen banter refers to events from said book. I'm not sure if he plans to release a quest with them or not. Similarly, the Web of Lucidity characters, along with a few hidden characters, are from quests I'm working on now or am planning to work on eventually, though some are rescued from old, bad writings of mine.

The 20XX bit was a way of saying a future project that also parodies Megaman. It seemed fitting enough for them. :P

#47 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

Sorry for the double post, but fairly significant update.

- PK Thunder L has been rebranded as Photon. It's now a light-elemental weapon that is capable of breaking light blocks and hitting L1 light arrays. This should alleviate the problem several people have been reporting of being unable to access items hidden behind light til very late in the game.
- PK Thunder C is now simply PK Thunder.
- Lumen's Blink Burst mechanics have been changed. The other character who gets Blink Burst remains unchanged.
- Jupiter Ruins now has a shortcut to allow for backtracking if you come from the Lac D'Amour side first.
- You can no longer get stuck in blocks when backtracking through Lethe and Watchers.
- Several other misc bugfixes of lesser importance.
  • Aevin likes this

#48 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

Just finished it for the first time, really great stuff. Couple more bugs I noticed:

I got everything except one regular spell I missed (damn Play Room) and the item percentage ended up at 105%. When I picked up the spell it went down to 102%.

I somehow got 10/9 items in Sky while playing as Ven, seed 30-250. There were definitely only 100 coins, though, and nothing else seemed to be an extra.

In the final area,

Spoiler

screenshots (MAJOR SPOILERS!)

• Russ likes this

#49 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:54 PM

So funny enough, that out of bounds bug you mentioned was fixed in the update that JUST went live. Thank you for reporting it though. :P

Regarding percentages... that is certainly a bit wonky. We'll take a look at that.

The 10/9 thing in Sky is because of the roaming boss, I believe. If the roaming boss spawns in a room that should normally contain an item, that item is instead placed in a "backup" room in Sky (because roaming bosses are guaranteed to drop a spell on defeat). I see I need to change Sky's max item counter to reflect the change when this situation occurs.

#50 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

If the roaming boss spawns in a room that should normally contain an item, that item is instead placed in a "backup" room in Sky (because roaming bosses are guaranteed to drop a spell on defeat). I see I need to change Sky's max item counter to reflect the change when this situation occurs.

Could the backup room be in one of the 8 item areas (Poisonous Corridor, Stomach, The Sixth Area, Hikaridoki) instead? That seems more balanced, and you wouldn't have to worry about fitting 2 digits.

Edited by Kapow, 20 May 2018 - 08:08 PM.

#51 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

What does the stats challenge even mean? Or is part of the challenge figuring that out? Btw, I fear that if I'd attempt any challenge I could just learn the name of a character that's already spoiled through discord / aevin's sig, etc.

Also, enabling and disabling 2 player is quite the silly method to get a free spell early. How about removing the extra spell again when you disable 2 player?

Anyway, the LiS: Before the Storm resemblance with the first 2 characters of web of lucidity is way too much (judging from their bios). The first one acts confident to hide their own insecurities, just like chloe. The 2nd one comes from a well-to-do family and is trying to run away from them, just like rachel. She's also called her dad a politician in the game. The signature dancing flame fits perfectly too, because rachel caused a huge forestfire which is a plot point too. Sorry for reading too much into things that aren't meant to be :P

#52 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

What does the stats challenge even mean? Or is part of the challenge figuring that out? Btw, I fear that if I'd attempt any challenge I could just learn the name of a character that's already spoiled through discord / aevin's sig, etc.

None of the secret characters from the challenges appear in any of our signatures, and we've been intentionally guarded about mentioning them on Discord. In fact, I'm not aware at this time of any players even having unlocked any of them, except for one. I know Dimentio was working on it, but I dunno if he actually got there.

Stats challenge ... Aren't there descriptions in the challenge menu itself? It refers to using a character with non-standard stats, such as speed, defense, or attack. There's a lot of those hanging around, and this is one of the easier challenges. It could even be completed by accident depending on what character you play first.

#53 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Stats challenge ... Aren't there descriptions in the challenge menu itself? It refers to using a character with non-standard stats, such as speed, defense, or attack. There's a lot of those hanging around, and this is one of the easier challenges. It could even be completed by accident depending on what character you play first.

I'm just confused about it because I finished the game with Caelan who's supposed to have extra speed, yet I got no name for it... unless maybe it's the character that TS was streaming? If it's that one, I thought you get it for completing the game in general.

#54 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

To elaborate on what Aevin said, the full list of characters that fulfill the Stats challenge is as follows: Rhone, Lucas, Caelan, Flect, Horizon, Miles, Dracus, Holm, Mirr, and two of the secret characters.

Also, enabling and disabling 2 player is quite the silly method to get a free spell early. How about removing the extra spell again when you disable 2 player?

I could do this, but it would require adding a variable that might break current saves, so I'll probably end up waiting a while to change it.

Anyway, the LiS: Before the Storm resemblance with the first 2 characters of web of lucidity is way too much (judging from their bios). The first one acts confident to hide their own insecurities, just like chloe. The 2nd one comes from a well-to-do family and is trying to run away from them, just like rachel. She's also called her dad a politician in the game. The signature dancing flame fits perfectly too, because rachel caused a huge forestfire which is a plot point too. Sorry for reading too much into things that aren't meant to be :P

This is actually interesting to me. I can promise you it is complete coincidence; I wrote some stuff about Quinn way back in 2014, and I was working on the quest he and Kaveri are from in early 2017 (here's a Screenshot of the Week thread for proof on that), while LIS: Before the Storm didn't come out til August of that year. So while it is coincidental, I'm actually really amused by it. One could even say that life is strange. :P

Edit:

I'm just confused about it because I finished the game with Caelan who's supposed to have extra speed, yet I got no name for it... unless maybe it's the character that TS was streaming? If it's that one, I thought you get it for completing the game in general.

That is the one, yeah. She's the Stats challenge reward.
  • Avaro likes this

#55 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Shoshon the Elegant, 24 May 2018 - 02:19 PM.

#56 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Shoshon:

#57 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Alright, I got through all that, and the boss of Rose Garden. All bosses beaten. All coins collected. All life orbs and magic capsules founds.

I guess all that I can do now is just go into all these other world locations and find this "master" I've heard so much about.

#58 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Completed whit Lumen whit  Bastille as second player, so i unlock a new character.

I wanted ask : is possible that a hidden character appear as enemy in shadow form ? maybe i'm wrong, but i think is someone i already see in past, but i forgot his name..maybe is just my fantasy.

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 24 May 2018 - 03:56 PM.

#59 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

Yup! The random doppels can show up as nearly everybody. Congrats on unlocking the character.

#60 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

So aside from the usual bugfixes present in our updates, we've fixes a rather major one. The knockback bugs that have been occurring should be resolved now. I'd suggest downloading the update as soon as possible, as it's a fairly major quality of life fix.

Edit: Pure seems to be experiencing technical difficulties right now, actually, and the update isn't being properly processed. Please hold...

Edit again: Issue is resolved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users