• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE(Evile @ Jul 23 2010, 04:17 AM) View Post

I don't understand why b245 wasn't just completely bug fixed and released. It was super stable and had tons of features? If the the dev's just fixed some of the bugs we'd have a new version of ZC already. What happened?

Exactly! You have no idea how close we were to a stable ZC release. Then a new developer was hired and instead of fixing bugs, he started adding tons of new features which ruined ZC and here we are, still waiting for something stable. That's what happened and still to this day it angers me.

Sorry Nathaniel, I know my posts are nothing new and I know they annoy most of the delusional people who seriously think ZC 2.5 is coming. But don't worry, I will soon disappear for another year so you don't have to hear from me until next summer. icon_wink.gif

Yeah, back on topic... FFCs are the best way to make custom bosses look really smooth.

Edited by Peteo, 23 July 2010 - 02:03 AM.

#32 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

SO ANYWAY, back to custom bosses. I'm debating on the Peteo method of one movement, insta-warping, another movement, insta-warping, etc. Or trying to figure out a 'hit another FFC to start another movement' method. I realized that that I need to figure out how the boss is going to take damage. I'm guessing invisible non-moving enemies that don't fire shots that you must kill to activate a secret that insta-warps you to the next stage of the battle. Then I have to smoothly transition the boss sprites over (FF combos) to the next phase, which may be hard. May need to have the boss reset to a preset location.

#33 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

I'm pretty sure if you give an FFC movement values, click the "Is a changer" option, and position it on the path of another FFC, that should work. As for hit detection, you can actually put flags on FFCs by putting flags on the original combo used. If you need a more hands on method for learning about FFCs, feel free to open up my incomplete quest (link in sig) and look around. The password is:
Spoiler

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful as you are using the LI editor which as far as I know hasn't been released to the public.

#34 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

custom bosses may be more fun to fight but they can sometimes be tedious to set up

#35 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

icon_smile.gif
QUOTE(Peteo @ Jul 23 2010, 12:01 AM) View Post
Exactly! You have no idea how close we were to a stable ZC release. Then a new developer was hired and instead of fixing bugs, he started adding tons of new features which ruined ZC and here we are, still waiting for something stable. That's what happened and still to this day it angers me.

Since i am a programmer also so i ask to myself :why dont fix of those bugs and then add tons of features.

i learned c long time ago and some other programming languages.

#36 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Jul 23 2010, 07:32 AM) View Post

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful as you are using the LI editor which as far as I know hasn't been released to the public.

WRONG! Check out General ZC Discussion. It has been released. Enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users