Hey all - we just put another demo up in the downloads section, Demo 1.1!
This doesn't have any significant new content from Demo 1.0, so I wouldn't recommend playing it if you're fresh off that one. However, it does have countless bugfixes, tweaks, and adjustments that make it much more polished than the old one, and it's a great time to play if you haven't before.
General Demo Notes:
- This demo is playable in ZC 2.55 a110 or a111. Newer versions are not guaranteed to be bug-free. Links to those versions are on the download page.
- This demo ends at level 1. After beating level 1, NPC dialog will update, but there is no further content.
- Campfires are save points. Light them with the candle to activate.
- Areas not included in this demo are blocked off by rocks.
- The active subscreen is not complete.
- You cannot get to every cave, chest, and item visible in the demo.
Selected Differences from Demo 1.0:
- All new character select is implemented.
- NPC's now have portraits - huge thanks to Ether for spriting a few of these specifically for the quest!
- X and Y buttons are now functional.
- There is a new overworld map and warp system that's hugely improved.
- Potions and empty bottles are now integrated into the demo.
- Various screen and area structure improvements have been made. As a result the area for the demo is slightly larger now.
- NPC's will now update their dialog properly after finishing level 1, if you're curious.
This demo was prepared for a streamer, Kuro Xanos, who kindly agreed to play. You can find the link to the recording here: https://www.twitch.t...deos/1665988922
...also, just for a small update at the end - we're in the weeds on Level 3, so look forward to more Crucible Crest!
Edited by Mitchfork, 30 November 2022 - 10:01 AM.