A New Enemy Projectile Attack

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

Can anyone here help me implement a brand new enemy projectile attack into my quest?  It's a Snowflake sprite. 

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

What exactly is it supposed to do? What enemies use it? Is it just a different sprite, or different behavior?

#3 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

What exactly is it supposed to do? What enemies use it? Is it just a different sprite, or different behavior?

I want the Snowflake to move at a speed similar to the Flame 2 but zig zag a little as it goes towards Link.  

I wanted my ToT Lvl 3 Boss the Ice Manhandla to shoot it out.  

#4 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:01 PM

Is the Ice Manhandla just an ordinary Manhandla besides this? Shouldn't be too hard in that case.

Is the weapon 4-way or angular? Shot from the body or heads? Does it vanish after a set time or just when it leaves the screen? Does it get stopped by walls?

#5 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

Pretty much!  Acts like a Normal Manhandla...I just changed it's design to make it look more "ice-like".  

It'll still shoot out of all four of it's mouths.  If the flake hits a wall it can just dissipate.

Edited by TK8305, 29 April 2015 - 09:08 PM.

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

Slight issue... I don't know quite how Manhandlas work with regards to detecting what heads are alive. This may or may not require re-scripting the Manhandla from scratch, as I did for the AcidHandla (one of the most terribly evil things I ever made).

#7 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

You don't need to alter the Manhandla in anyway...I was just wondering if it was possible to add a "new enemy projectile" attack to weapon list of the monsters?  Like Flame 3 that could be for my Snowflake attack animation.

Ex:

http://www.mediafire...sny944/Whee.png

Like is there a way to add a NEW attack to that weapon menu so that I could give it to the Manhandla?

Edited by TK8305, 30 April 2015 - 12:19 AM.

#8 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

There's no way to add a new weapon to the enemy weapon list. The best you can do there is to replace an existing one. It would be better to just make an FFC that augments the Manhandla with this.

ACTUALLY... you could combine both approaches and have an FFC turn all fireballs into snowflakes.

• Binx likes this

#9 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

I guess I'll have to revert the Ice Manhandla back to using fireballs.  Oh well...  ;-;

#10 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

There's no way to add a new weapon to the enemy weapon list. The best you can do there is to replace an existing one. It would be better to just make an FFC that augments the Manhandla with this.

ACTUALLY... you could combine both approaches and have an FFC turn all fireballs into snowflakes.

Oh that's brilliant. Imagine the possibilities of easy extra eWeapons!

I guess I'll have to revert the Ice Manhandla back to using fireballs.  Oh well...  ;-;

Honestly, his idea is great, basically what it would do (if I'm understanding correctly) is make it so that you make a normal Manhandla, place an invisible FFC in the room, and the script attached to the FFC would replace the fireballs the Manhandla is shooting with the snowflake eWeapon you wanted. On playthrough, it will be impossible to tell the difference.

Edited by Binx, 30 April 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#11 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

Could you make that script for me Binx?  o_O;

#12 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, wait, you're serious. Um... I could try, but it wouldn't work, I'm only a beginner at this scripting stuff, and I've never worked with eWeapons. Seriously, I can't get my own scripts to work 90% of the time. It's good to know it's possible, though.

#13 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

Oh.  Maybe Moosh could help with that?  If he pops in here & even sees this.  ;-;

#14 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

Maybe. Or MoscowModder, jsm, Justin, Saffith, or any of the other "better than me" scripters. If I had a few examples on eWeapon creation, and global functions to replace built-in eWeapons, I might be able to whip up a generic eWeapon changer FFC, but it would likely need lots of work to make it functional (and probably would be constructed as a frankenstein of other people's code), but I think it would work by using EW_ constants from std.zh as d0 (the eweapon to be replaced) and d1 arguments (the eweapon to be added). I'd need to be at my pc to even write a non-functional pseudocode, though (need to look up how ffc scripts are written), and I'm about 8 hours from being home.

Edited by Binx, 03 May 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#15 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Wow I got added to a pretty solid list there. Honoured. But I'm pretty amateur at this stuff. Mostly I just try really hard and figure stuff out by trial and error (lots of error).

The idea for the eweapon replacement script is pretty easy. I think I've even seen it before on here. But I'm not sure I understand what the replacement weapon is supposed to do. speed of a flame2 but zig zag towards link isn't enough info for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users