LA style sideview ladders?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

My glitches are probably because I haven't set the fake LTM item yet. On what do I need to attach the item script to? Care to provide a test quest? =)

#32 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

It can't be that; the item isn't actualy needed. It's just a way to change the tile, should you choose to.

#33 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

I wonder what can be causing it then. I placed the correct flag on the ladder and link does not look up while climbing down the ladder. I can send you a test quest if you want through PM.

#34 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Isdrakthül @ Jul 25 2011, 02:47 PM) View Post

I've updated the scripts to fix that.

IPB Image
"Oh, thank god! You hear that, Hunter-II? Now I can get off this invisible elevator without having to jump!!

King Aquamentus, I did not update yours because, as I understand it, it would not make sense for Link to be able to stand on top of the ladder combo given the use to which you are putting it.

IPB Image
"... ... ...what"

I don't mean to put you on the spot, Isdrakthul, cause you've been doing all this awesome scriptwork for me here, but I have to facepalm this decision.

When "Link" steps off of an "elevator", he needs the ability to walk left or right onto walkable ground, yes? Thus, it makes perfect sense for Link to be able to stand on top of the ladder.

Please, *do* make that modification.

Edited by King Aquamentus, 25 July 2011 - 08:11 PM.

#35 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

Well, I thought that you would be adding the elevator graphic by having the elevator use the shallow water combo type, so allowing Link/Samus to stand on top would make him/her appear to float. I'll fix it now.

EDIT: It has been fixed.

Edited by Isdrakthül, 25 July 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#36 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

yeah, I am, and that's what I want to happen.

thanks Is. icon_smile.gif

Edit: I tested the script out, and nothing has changed regarding Link's ability to stand on the flag. He still can't do it, and can't walk to the right or left, off the combo and onto another.

Also: My Link, by default, has no shield at all. I'm experiencing the tile issue all the same. I can't very well put the pickup script what is the absence of an item.

edit 2: don't worry about that part. I can just modify the tile it defaults to.

Edited by King Aquamentus, 25 July 2011 - 10:06 PM.

#37 Isdrakthül

Isdrakthül

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Okay, I've adjusted them so that you can stand on two rows of pixels above the combos instead of just one.

#38 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Isdrakthül @ Jul 26 2011, 09:20 AM) View Post

Okay, I've adjusted them so that you can stand on two rows of pixels above the combos instead of just one.

Thanks Is. I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT: It worked awesomely. Samus can now walk right off the elevator and keep on going.

Thanks so much, Isdrakthul, for everything. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by King Aquamentus, 26 July 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#39 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

I know im being stupid, but how do I use the flag version? I set all the directions to up for my personal needs, script ran perfectly, but now how do I use the flags?

#40 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hello?

#41 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I know im being stupid, but how do I use the flag version? I set all the directions to up for my personal needs, script ran perfectly, but now how do I use the flags?

Skimming the script, it looks as if the intent is to place flag 98 'Script 1', on all ladder combos.

The flags are to determine the LA mode of the player, and the facing direction, etc..

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 May 2014 - 08:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users