Photo

Screenshot of the Week 131

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 131 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 131

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:08 PM

DFW's is pretty, but something attracted me to Dragon Boy's. MD's shot is pretty cool too.

Edited by Siguy, 17 July 2006 - 03:09 PM.

#17 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

DFW: Err, It's a great shot alright with the backround, but I'm kinda tired seeing Snow screens. It's not your fault though, What I would say is if you can make the tiles that are closer to the backround sunlight, is to make them a bit brighter, like, make light shine on the cliffs.

DB: this caught my eye cause of the Castle XD. I voted for this because I always wonder what kind of tiles are you using.

MD: Fantasic custom tiles! I would add some objects all around near the center other than only in the corners. You're my second vote. (add some broken things, add some different tiles? I don't know.)

#18 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:14 PM

XB, you sure you voted? Since, I still have 12 votes. icon_razz.gif

I voted for this because I always wonder what kind of tiles are you using.

What do you mean by 'kind of tiles" ?

#19 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

Hmm... meh, null voted. The fact that I've been looking at the same screen for more than a week ruins it, beacuse the palette's very defined and the tiles are very detailed. If I'd show it to you, you'd know what I mean...

#20 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(Gashin @ Jul 17 2006, 07:15 AM)
my only complaint is how dark the snow is over the land. if it was a bit brighter, and easier to see, it'd be pretty much perfect

View Post

Well, I'll see what I can do about that snow... icon_wink.gif

But this is what I expected. People may find the snow part a bit too dark compared to the background. I'm still working on getting everything in the quest perfect so I will be fixing things like this. However, what I didn't expect is that some people will not vote a screen just because it's in .jpg format. There's a good reason why some screens sometimes are in .jpg format. It's true that jpg-ing a screen makes it a bit blurry and lowers the quality, but not that much. Oh well, whatever I guess... this is just a graphics contest, nothing more icon_razz.gif so it's pretty irrelevant who wins as long as good comments keep coming.

#21 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

oh my, it seems there is a tie between DFW and Dragon Boy! what do we do? we have a tiebreaker. probably tomorrow, I'll put up a poll with both screenshots, and it will run all day. whoever has more posts at the end of the day will be the winner

and no more votes will count after I post this

finally, I have ONE screenshot for SotW 132. you know the routine

#22 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

I'm sending in my submission right now...

Congrats to the both of you for the tied win. Now I have to decide who to vote for. icon_wacky.gif

#23 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:48 PM

PrinceMSC's rules for the ranking system seem to suggest that both tying shots go on to SotM instead of a tiebreaker being held...

If you tie in a SotW, your win for that week will be decided through SotM. In order for you to win SotW, which you tied in, you have to get more votes in SotM than the person who tied you. Everyone one else in SotM doesn't matter. If you do beat that person, you get the extra votes added to your SotW tie, making you the winner. Example you both tied with 10 votes in SotW. In SotM you get 5 votes and the other person gets 3. You now win SotW with 12 votes. You would not add the full 5 to your 10. Instead you would subtract the two numbers in SotM and add the total to your SotW votes. If you tie in SotM you both get the win, but not the votes from SotM.

...but you're the man, Gashin. icon_wink.gif

#24 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:42 PM

actually, I read that just before I went to bed last night, and didn't even think about posting about it. so, next week, when SotM is held, both screenshots shall be entered and decided upon in the manner stated by the rules: higher vote count wins

#25 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

DarkFlameWolf: While it looks lovely, I can't really make out what's in the background because of the snow.
DragonBoy: You're screen shot really shined this time...And I mean both literally and virtually. I really love the details on the golden castle. My vote is for this one.
MightyDarknut: I've seen much better work than this. Its alright, I guess.

#26 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

My vote goes for DragonBoy. The castle is just so awsome. Amazing.

#27 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

I voted for DFW, although I didn't particulalrly like any of them icon_frown.gif

DFW: Whilst The focus is obviously on the background, the rest of the screen is cramped. You got my vote because the shot has a good atmosphere and you've kept the mountain design interesting.

DragonBoy: Pretty graphics... but that's about all I can say. I'm not particularly fond of the "moonlight" either... and how can a castle that gives of it's own light have treetop shadows cast upon it?

Mighty Darknut: The shadows don't make a lot of sense... where exactly is the light source in this room? The roof looks really ugly where it fades into black. You've got darker shades of green, why not use them? The design itself isn't that bad, simple yet effective... credit for that icon_wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users