Photo

Screenshot of the Week 544

Russ Joelmacool BigJoe Demonlink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 544 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:58 PM

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

Tile Credit: Shane. :D

BigJoe

BigJoe.png

Start of a New Adventure!

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

I was going to put an interesting description here... but I gots nothing. :P Wait, wat.

Russ

Russ.png

Though none of the three realized it at the time, their chance meeting, spurred by a simple desire to find shelter from the cold, would irreversibly change the course of fate.

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

Russ

Russ.png

Though none of the three realized it at the time, their chance meeting, spurred by a simple desire to find shelter from the cold, would irreversibly change the course of fate.

070.png

Seriously though. This week. Russ wins my vote, no contest.

• Russ and Evan20000 like this

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Sometimes I vote for screen design, and while I don't think the screen design is flawless (the left edge feels like a blank space, and the ground could be touched up a little), I voted for BigJoe's because it doesn't feel like something I've seen a million times before. There's just something about it that feels like a fresh spin on the standard environment. The colors aren't entirely typical. The landscape has a definite sense of elevation, feels coastal, and it's got the clouds. I just like it and... something about it is just pleasing to me. I think part of it's a strong LTTP vibe, where it doesn't feel too cluttered or too empty.

• Jared likes this

#4 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:07 AM

Sometimes, over-designed, pastel EZGBZ screenshots become tiring. I voted Russ because of the uniqueness of his screen.

• Alestance, MermaidCim, Russ and 4 others like this

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:23 AM

Sometimes, over-designed, pastel EZGBZ screenshots become tiring. I voted Russ because of the uniqueness of his screen.

It's a style that works and we can see it works from pretty much every SotW ever, but I agree that I'd like to see some diversity. Heck, keep the EZGBZ, keep the pastel colors, just make a volcano or a desert or something. Maybe a dungeon shot even. Someone who's good at EZGBZ make me a floating volcano dungeon. :P

• Avaro, Demonlink and Logos like this

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:59 AM

Joelmacool: Great use of EZGBZ! I like the screen structure and flow. Though, it feels a bit cluttered and I would recommend moving the entire house down one tile. Otherwise this one is one of my favorites this week.

BigJoe: I saw the map and thought it looked great, but from a screen perspective, I think a little more detail would suffice to make the screen better. Solid flow nonetheless.

Demonlink: My other favorite this week. Like Joel's, it has a great use of EZGBZ and I like the screen-design quite a lot. I guess my only criticism is that the grass borders look a little inconsistent. 

Russ: It certainly has an amazing atmosphere and a neat graphical style, but from a screen-design perspective, it's just a flat linear piece of land. :P

My vote is tied between Joelmacool and Demonlink, both capturing great screen-design. I don't usually do this, but I flipped a coin and I had to vote Joelmacool.

• Jenny, Joelmacool and Demonlink like this

#7 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

Russ gets my vote because of everything about it in general. Yeet

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

Joelmacool - Love them colours, love them tiles, love that screen. Got nothing else to say, I just love it :P

BigJoe - This is an interesting screen. I like really like the clouds but I feel like the ground is lacking with quite a bit of detail.

Demonlink - Dam son, another awesome EZGBZ screen I see. You never cease to amaze me with these. Great job.

Russ - That background makes me think of the Mega Man games and I have no idea why. The screen looks really cool and unique though... (kill me)

It was a pretty tough choice between Joel, Demonlink and Russ, but I went for Demonlink. Awesome job to all.

• Demonlink likes this

#9 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

Someone who's good at EZGBZ make me a floating volcano dungeon. :P

Challenge Accepted.

• Moosh and Demonlink like this

#10 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

Joelmacool, you've got some interesting stuff going on there. I like the screen overall.

BigJoe, the layout and screen design of your screen is pretty good. The detailing could be a bit better though, because the ground is rather empty in some places.

Demonlink, your screen looks also really good. Really colorful too. Detail-wise, this is perfect!

Russ, that's indeed very atmospheric. I like these tiles and also the background.

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

I'd love to see someone attempt a mix of a fire, ice AND thunder dungeon.

• Moosh and Joelmacool like this

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:20 AM

My vote goes to Russ here. It's not that the other screens are bad, but I really like what is going on here. The mountains look a tad simplistic compared to the rest of the tiles, but I like the composition here, and again, this is something I've never seen before, so it gets major points for originality.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am very unlikely to vote for a GBC shot. It's not that they are bad by any means, I just personally find them to be boring in a screenshot contest that is dominated by them most weeks. I mean no offense by this. They are solid GB shots, but they are not showing me anything groundbreaking.

Bigjoe comes in second The layout is kind of odd, but I do like it. The tiles remind me of an old ZC quest, and I really like the shade of purple on the water.

• MermaidCim and Logos like this

#13 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

Russ, I think that's the best sideview screen I've seen in a long time, if not ever. Congratulations, and you win my vote.

Second is Joelmacool, I think. I'm not sure exactly why, but I prefer it to the middle two.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

With 58.49% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 544 is Russ!

Russ.png

Congratulations! there was no brotherly bias involved whatsoever

Voting totals:

- Joelmacool (7 votes [13.21%])
- BigJoe (7 votes [13.21%])
- Demonlink (8 votes [15.09%])
- Russ (31 votes [58.49%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Russ, Joelmacool, BigJoe, Demonlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users