Photo

Screenshot of the Week 362

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 362 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

CastChaos
IPB Image
Kokiri ghost, strange shadow... I should have stayed in Exile.

skateboarder11
IPB Image
~wow~ I somehow haven't died

Orin XD
IPB Image
Inspired by the entrance to the Earth Temple in Skyward Sword.

Shane
IPB Image
Link climbs up to the summit of "Dawn Mountain"... It's all Tiny_Shane's fault apparently..

Jared
IPB Image
Soon...you will all see what this project is...

Rambly
IPB Image
He used to be a normal dog who played around in a park, but was corrupted by the powers of darkness.

Cukeman
IPB Image
Sad little ghost...
(No comments, thank you.)

blackbishop89
IPB Image

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Wow, a lot of shots this week... and sadly not a standout among them icon_frown.gif

CC has a nice idea, but poor execution (not a good idea to have two different environments in the same shot)

Shane probably has the best screen this week (votes), though I'm not fond of the palette. Looks like chocolate cake. If the ground were a different colour to the mountains it would look a lot less boring and monochrome.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

I voted for Shane. It's STILL all Tiny_Shane's fault! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

voted bb89, I like the simplicity and design. I wonder why it doesn't have more votes.

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

CastChaos
Hm... The shot seems a bit monochromatic and uninspired.

skateboarder11
Pretty decent. The transitions from the sand to the grass seem a little harsh.

Orin XD
That's a whole lotta brown. I like the detail, but I think some of it gets lost by virtue of the palette's limited color variation.

Shane
A solidly-designed shot, but I'm not sure about the random rocks sticking out of the ground.

Jared
I'm excited for the project, but your screenshot doesn't really stand on its own.

Rambly
A standard Pure-looking shot. I find it a little boring.

Cukeman
(No comment. (?))

blackbishop89
Pretty standard classic shot. Some more detail in the mountains or ground would have been nice, but the waterfall is good.

It's a tough choice, but I'm voting for Orin XD.

Edited by nicklegends, 10 April 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#6 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

I null'd because I am in it.

For the shots:

CastChaos: Interesting concept, bad execution especialy with how cluttered it is. Part of this is due to that you tried to include both a cave and a house in the shot. I suggest to remove the cave part of the shot, as it seems to be the less significant part of the shot. After that, lower the amount of detail in the house section.

Skateborder: Ugh... the contrast between the dirt and grass burns my eyes. Please tone down that contrast so it's not that harsh. Everything else, except the open corner (please close it with something), is fine.

Mine: *Skips*

Shane: Hmm... interesting. The shot looks fairly monochrome, though (this happens to be the very same problem as with my shot icon_heh.gif). Make the ground or mountains a diffrent colour and then it would be fine.

Jared: Not a bad shot as per say, but not that great. One thing I have against this shot is that the Pokemon Mountains don't really fit in with Pure Remeberance. Have diffrent mountains instead.

Rambly: Standard Pure shot, with bad mountains. Please replace the mountains - they just look plain bad. The path tiles can stand to be edited a little, too.

Cukeman: (No Comment).

BB89: Just an average classic shot. Add more detail to the shot - especialy in the mountains (this is possible, I managed to do this in my ill-fated Megalink project). Also, replace some of the mountain-girt tiles with tiles that have less detail. It will reduce the clutter.

#7 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Orin XD)
BB89: Just an average classic shot. Add more detail to the shot - especialy in the mountains (this is possible, I managed to do this in my ill-fated Megalink project). Also, replace some of the mountain-girt tiles with tiles that have less detail. It will reduce the clutter.

Can you explain via a PM how you did that. Also I don't know what your talking about when you say mountain-girt tiles?.

#8 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

He is saying that you should use more blank (or other ground) tiles instead of only using the ones you used.

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

CastChaos
Looks cluttered, while the idea is nice, but I think the screen design in general could be improved.

skateboarder11
I love the enhanced classic graphics. Love the scenery.

Orin XD
Too brown, like mine, but I feel like the temple exterior could be a little more fancy.

Jared
Would have voted here, love the mountains, and pretty much everything else.

Rambly
Besides the white tree, and the NES Link (placeholder?), love it!

blackbishop89
Love the classic feel in this! Maybe trees to replace those brown boulders, since mostly everything else is brown.

#10 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Question guys are those waterfall tiles suppose to be CSet 7?

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Null'd. End of post.

Just kidding.

CastChaos - B-
Cave next to house interior is an interesting concept, which I like the idea of somebody attempting. I feel as if it could have a slightly better transition between the two sides though.

skateboarder11 - B+
While not the most interesting screen in the world, this one gets my vote, because I feel it has both the most sound design and the least awkward coloring of all the screens this week.

Orin XD - B+
Not bad. Colors could look a little more pleasing though. Love the subscreen portion.

Shane - B+
Nice design, although either the grass or the arid parts need better coloring. They are not bad colors, I just don't think they go well together. I say give the grass a less fertile color to go with the aridness that surrounds it.

Jared - B
I don't mind a message string being in a screen, but I think the rest of the screen can still give it more support. Not a bad design though.

Rambly - B
I found Link. Not quite as hard as finding Waldo. Screen seems to be put together well. I feel as if something is missing though.

Cukeman - C+
(EDIT: Comment removed. Sorry, I missed reading the caption.)

blackbishop89 - B-
Decent classic. Not sure what else to say.

Overall, the best screens were decent, but nothing this week was mind blowing, thus no A ranges from me. Still, I'm not gonna wimp out and null vote because of that. icon_razz.gif

#12 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hey Nathanial, can you tell me what about my shot could be made better that hasn't already been said?

#13 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

My vote goes to CastChaos beacuse i like the "two different environments idea"
nice screen icon_smile.gif

#14 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Castchaos

I wouldn't use the cave palette for the MC interior, and I wouldn't mix them both areas. Decent design anyhow. icon_smile.gif

skateboarder11

The grass to sand borders are too dark, and the big trees should have a black color like the mountains. The design works well for a classic.

OrinXD

Everything is the same color, might want to change that, still looking pretty sweet.

Shane

The palette and design is good. (y)

Jared

Design and colors are good, but those mountains doesn't work well with the other graphics.

Rambly

The colors are pretty bad because the black color sticks out too much on some sprites, mostly the white trees.
Design is decent.

Cukeman

The shadow should be 8px up, and the sand isn't used properly, and the rocks should probably be placed a little better but not very important. I don't know why the cacti are red but that's your choice.

blackbishop89

I voted for this screen, It is a good classic screen and it doesn't need to be changed. But if you want to change it then replace some of the ground details with blanks and perhaps put in some green objects if the areas theme allows it.

#15 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

@Gonken The area doesn't have a theme, it's a isolated test shot I made to get better at making overworld screens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users