• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#16 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

Until L7 is like a classic quest in the ocean, then it starts to get more epic and complex. It's way more long than you can expect and there is a lot of love about Ocarina of Time, you will see. 

The meat in this quest is the exploration, secrets and misteries. It's quite easy and there is a lot of freedom later.

Currently in Level 6, so I'm getting close to seeing this stuff you mentioned. Also looking forward to it too.

You know of a better one?  Please tell me where to find it! :) I could probably put it in before I update the quest file

I'll send you the MIDI via PM. It still might not be THAT great, but IMO it's much better than the one you currently have.

#17 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Stuck in level 8 - at the point where one would find the flame boomerang. I am missing a key - was hoping the tentacle room would have one. Instead it was just a NPC?

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Purple Tentacle just gives you a valuable hint; no valuable key.

Here's where you can find the key(s):

Spoiler
Hope this helps.

@EddyTheOliveira:  Thanks! :D  Checking it out now...

• Eddy likes this

#18 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

Currently getting close to the end of Level 6 and I haven't found the Silver Arrows anywhere.

Any idea where it could be?

Edit: I'm a total idiot, can't believe I forgot that chest XD

Edit 2: Another quick bug report:

xbrLSYd.png?1

Defeated the Gohma and when I came back into this room, I always take damage on that one spike next to the bomb wall before it disappears. Probably wanna fix that too.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 13 October 2014 - 10:38 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#19 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Currently getting close to the end of Level 6 and I haven't found the Silver Arrows anywhere.

Any idea where it could be?

Edit: I'm a total idiot, can't believe I forgot that chest XD

Well, I'm not alone! :lol:  So far, that makes you, isilmo, and most notably myself that pass the darn thing over!  I guess hiding things in plain sight, ... well... I don't know what to say about it.  It's there.  If anybody wants me to change that, I could consider it, but I'm not sure people would want me to make it harder to find... :heh: 

FYI, I'll be posting an update later. Not only are there a couple bugfixes and a new midi included, but I forgot to give credit to some people* in the details (such as AirLuigi :sorry: ), so I'll be updating that later today, hopefully.

*If anyone helped me with something and is not listed, please PM me so I have it when I do the update.

• Eddy likes this

#20 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

Found a quick tile error:

oDPG3kT.png?1

Can't believe I'm finding all of these small things XD

Anyways, now that I have the Flippers, the real fun starts. Can't wait to start exploring everywhere :D

Also, I recall a previous dungeon where you needed the Flippers, but I can't remember which one... any ideas?

Edit: Did an F6 in the Open Ocean and this happened:

fAQEBVm.png?1

I now seem to be stuck lol

Edit 2: A Save got me out of it.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 13 October 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#21 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Well, I'm not alone! :lol:  So far, that makes you, isilmo, and most notably myself that pass the darn thing over!  I guess hiding things in plain sight, ... well... I don't know what to say about it.  It's there.  If anybody wants me to change that, I could consider it, but I'm not sure people would want me to make it harder to find... :heh:

No way - things like that are so satisfying when one figures it out.

Also, figured out the Xs in the torch room.

Edited by isilmo, 13 October 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#22 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

There is one "bug" that I've seen happen a lot in overworld screens where enemies enter from the sides: they get stuck and stop moving. This happens if there are solid combos only one tile away from the screen edges.

#23 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Also, I recall a previous dungeon where you needed the Flippers, but I can't remember which one... any ideas?

L5

I though I had found all of these continue bugs =/ Luckily, none of them are permanent. I hope that is the last one left.

There is one "bug" that I've seen happen a lot in overworld screens where enemies enter from the sides: they get stuck and stop moving. This happens if there are solid combos only one tile away from the screen edges.

That's intended. The thing is that the enemies can help you in locating fake solid tiles and other cryptic secrets. I never liked it much aesthetically, but it didn't bother me much anyway.

Edited by Air Luigi, 13 October 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#24 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

You can do the ice cavern before L7, but it's infinitely easier after L7, because...

Spoiler

BTW, don't be afraid to explore and try to complete any dungeon, you have total freedom after L7.

Looking for meat and level 7.

#25 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

...and after getting the boomerang I am stuck again! ;.;

The arrow room with the darknut splitters then bomb - a single barrel moves. Is this a secret or am I missing thing?

EDIT: I was. You tricky ^^%$#. This is one of those quests you have to walk away from and then come back to get.

Edited by isilmo, 13 October 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#26 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

tvgjz3kd.png

Stuck here - is there a second entrance to that cave leading to the switch ?

@Spelunker : meat is Warriors Passageway (leads to a shop with red ring), there is a secret passage, the Passageway is near 3 roaming Magic Octoroks near the Entrance to L7 (the cave with the Goblin who needs the Meat)

Edited by Drachenritter, 13 October 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#27 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

I skipped the ancient ruins myself - couldn't get it to work.

#28 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

Don't worry about Ancient Ruins, eventually you will find another way to enter... It's one of the latest parts in the quest (and it's mandatory).

#29 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

Ancient Ruins : Found it ... it*s near the end it seemes (reached the switch after level 9)

But another question - the red trigger in the mystic cave for din's fire - magic alone don't work - did i missed the magic book somewhere ?

#30 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

Magic Book:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users