tileset

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#31 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Yeah I planned to make a little screen designing topic. I might make it after another tileset update!

Great to hear!
Looking forward to it

#32 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

So, as a side note on this release; I tried, multiple times, to get some uber'd-Gameboy sprites for the various enemy weapons, but either the file was always in use when I saved it, or it simply never got uploaded properly in time. These WILL be in the next update, of that I swear! (Even if I have to invade some houses and commandeer some computers to make it happen)

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Sheik and Supindahood like this

#33 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Join our skype group Relic, then you can just be like 'get the fuck off people I need to do my business!'. You'd have to jump onto IRC to reach Aeos though, because he's cheesy that way.

My skype is probably migokalle.

#34 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

So, as a side note on this release; I tried, multiple times, to get some uber'd-Gameboy sprites for the various enemy weapons, but either the file was always in use when I saved it, or it simply never got uploaded properly in time. These WILL be in the next update, of that I swear! (Even if I have to invade some houses and commandeer some computers to make it happen)

The file was busy during the days before release, some days I worked more than ten hours per day.

#35 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Now that I look at it closely, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the palette structure for dungeons. It seems pretty random to me :shrug:

Any helpful hints? I'd like to make a few custom palettes in this, and see what I can come up with.

#36 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

I would like to know why the dungeon palettes are like that too. While I have managed to create a palette, I never understood the structure of the palette.

#37 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

hey guys, you've probably noticed some clay/bronze tile roofing that's meant to go with some solid walls in the tileset. While they were nice, they really didn't fit the style too well and didn't really look like clay or bronze tiles.

Well, I'm working on a new version that looks way much better than the old. All that's left is getting the corners done. Take a look:

newroofpre.png

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Bourkification and Sheik like this

#38 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Yay! Spanish architecture!

#39 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

Does anyone know how to fix or remove that shadows from the Tektites? They were put on wrong, I think.

#40 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

newroofpre.png

I love it.

#41 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Does anyone know how to fix or remove that shadows from the Tektites? They were put on wrong, I think.

What do you mean, put on wrong? I added them because it just looked plain awkward when they jumped, because they only had shadows in air.

#42 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:04 AM

What do you mean, put on wrong? I added them because it just looked plain awkward when they jumped, because they only had shadows in air.

They look like they're floating when they land, because the shadow is like a tile below them.

#43 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

that sounds more like a ZC issue and less like a tile issue.

#44 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

So, after seeing Link's graphics in this, how are you guys going to handle NPCs, or even just the built in Guys? I tried out the tileset by putting together a town, started filling in parts like a store, and was afraid that I had already somehow broken something when nobody showed up. I figured that because I used Layer 2 to make an open-air stall out of the house graphics, maybe he was just covered up, but couldn't find any NPC tiles anywhere to put down manually.

Also, when are you going to release the update with the torches? I don't want to rip them myself and then find out that updating the tileset as a whole is going to break stuff, and since I have a bit of time before getting to the first dungeon (I tend to build stuff in the same order the player would play through it.) I figured I'd wait and see if the update goes up before I get to that point.

#45 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

So, after seeing Link's graphics in this, how are you guys going to handle NPCs, or even just the built in Guys? I tried out the tileset by putting together a town, started filling in parts like a store, and was afraid that I had already somehow broken something when nobody showed up. I figured that because I used Layer 2 to make an open-air stall out of the house graphics, maybe he was just covered up, but couldn't find any NPC tiles anywhere to put down manually.

Also, when are you going to release the update with the torches? I don't want to rip them myself and then find out that updating the tileset as a whole is going to break stuff, and since I have a bit of time before getting to the first dungeon (I tend to build stuff in the same order the player would play through it.) I figured I'd wait and see if the update goes up before I get to that point.

By breaking stuff, instead of updating the tileset as a whole like I do, which is exporting the new Graphics Pack and importing them to your quest, couldn't you make a backup, and export both the tile pages and combo pages desired and import them to your quest? That is if I understood your situation :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users