• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

I will use this topic to share things that I made.

Below here is a link to some monsters I drew up by hand on paper.
Ugly Creature Sprite Ideas
Is there anyone who would like to make sprites based on these creatures? If you are wondering, I intentionally made these to look hideous.

Here are my custom sound effects again.
Nolysounds

This is one of my RPG Maker 2 videos. You can find more in my album. Does this antique store inspire anybody?
RPG Maker 2 Antique Shop

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

:lol: Update :lol::

My custom sound effects are now on Google Drive:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

I also have a YouTube channel now:

https://www.youtube....FMoF2YTfYFlih_A

I recently moved all of my videos to BitChute:

https://www.bitchute...l/fCcBQxrYQjNX/

You can find all of the ones that I uploaded to Photobucket several years ago there.

Edited by Nolornbon, 29 September 2020 - 06:12 PM.

#2 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

About the picture, can you transcribe the words that are written? I couldn't read some of the smaller words.

Regarding the "Nolysounds", do we have to sign up with Filedropper to look at the file? I was confused when I clicked on the link.

If you made that antique store yourself, I think it's great! Hard to tell what some of the items are if we aren't the ones playing it, though.

#3 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

The Nolysounds .zip file must have been deleted before you could download it. I will have to re-upload it... again.
Nolysounds
I have just re-uploaded the .zip file with the sound effects. Bear in mind that these sounds were not made by any professionals, so there will be a few sound issues. I made them with a microphone and Audacity. Hopefully, there is at least one person who will find a use for these.

The enemies in the left part of the image are named in the list below from top to bottom.
Mine Mouth (notice the supports in its mouth)
Dream Beast (the triangular specter with the word "nightmare" written above it)
Meter Head (the pipe construction with the part that looks like a head)
Dr. Bearmanila (the mad doctor with the head of a human and the body of a brown bear)
Death Sumo (the fat man with the bombs strapped onto his waist)
The two inhuman creatures in the middle and on the left are depictions of lifeforms that I sincerely hope don't exist. They were intentionally drawn to be extremely ugly.

Glad you liked the antique shop. I uploaded another RPG Maker 2 video into my album on Photobucket. It shows a village I never finished.
RPG Maker 2 Ozar Village

Edited by Nolornbon, 22 September 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#4 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

I found a new site for holding my sound effects.
New Nolysounds Location
Audacity has the ability to play these .ogg files and can even convert them into .wav files. The files are in the sub-folders and are as follows:
Bad Elder
thieving elder faint.ogg
thieving elder get mad.ogg
thieving elder hurt.ogg
thieving elder laugh.ogg
thieving elder talk short.ogg
Locals
fairy heal.ogg
fairy talk.ogg
tektite hurt dx.ogg
tektite ko.ogg
wiseman talk.ogg
Other
door2.ogg
hookshot.ogg
hurricane irene.ogg
mighty gust.ogg
Tyrant
damagesuit.ogg
deathgurgle.ogg
dontwanttodie.ogg
hescominforyou.ogg
nooooooooooo.ogg
stainedsuit.ogg
There is also a read-me in the .zip file. The site will not hold the file forever, so get it now if you want it. You should be able to get it now, Lightwulf.

Edited by Nolornbon, 29 September 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#5 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

These two castles are drawing I made while I was at the Hiram G. Andrews Center.
IPB Image
Would anybody like to try to make anything based on this? Do these buildings appeal to anybody?

Here is the link to my new sound effects location again.
I took this out. Look below for the improved sounds file. It is at the same site.
It is the same sound effects that I uploaded in my last topic, but they are in a location that will hold them longer. Look at my previous post to find out what the specific sounds are.

Be sure to check out the videos and images in my previous posts.

I have made a few improvements on the sound effects. The modified sounds are in the .zip file below.
Nolysounds DX
I should get a better microphone. Be sure to post here so that I can use this topic in the future.

Edited by Nolornbon, 04 October 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#6 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

I'll have to get that Audacity program so I can take a look at these sounds. I downloaded your files okay.

Those are some interesting buildings/castles! I like the second one best; it looks like some futuristic palace.

Edited by Lightwulf, 04 October 2011 - 02:12 AM.

#7 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

I am so glad that you posted here, Lightwulf. I was beginning to fear that this topic died. Here is another drawing that I made, which depicts two more castles.
Weird Castles
I also did a dungeon interior drawing. You could say that it was inspired by Tim Burton's works (and Coraline in a way.)
Clock Dungeon Interior
Here are two monsters I made up.
Music Shell and Lunartic
Here is another monster.
Doomrangle
This drawing depicts two custom dungeon entrances I drew today.
Unique Dungeon Entrances

Here is the link to my Nolysounds DX file again.
Nolysounds DX

I have uploaded another video of something I made with RPG Maker 2. It is an intro for a sequel I scrapped.
Another RPG Maker 2 Video

Edited by Nolornbon, 06 October 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#8 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

I have uploaded a few more things on Photobucket. Here is one of the images. It is small, so I will show it here.
IPB Image
The building on the left is a shrine of sorts, and the building on the right is a lodge of sorts.

Below here is another RPG Maker 2 creation. It is meant to be an abandoned village in a swamp-like area. The two images show different views of the aforementioned site.
Braxkin 1
Braxkin 2

Here is an abandoned fort I made with RPG Maker 2, front and back.
Old Fort Front
Old Fort Back

This is an abandoned church site I made with RPG Maker 2.
Church Ruins

Check out the links in my previous post as well, since one of them leads to my Nolysounds DX file and another one leads to a video of an intro I made with RPG Maker 2. Be sure to post comments here in this topic, for I can only post three times in a row. I wonder if anyone could make Zelda Classic graphics based on my drawings? icon_puppyeyes.gif

#9 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

(I tried to reply earlier, but it gave me an error and lost all that I'd typed.)

The church ruins look like they could contain the Master Sword or something. The old fort looks pretty cool, too.

At first I couldn't tell what the gap was in the middle of the Braxkin village, but then I looked at the second file. It's good that you took those different perspective shots.

In the last video, you sped through the talking lines so fast I couldn't tell what was going on.

I like the clock dungeon you made. It's reminiscent of a Mickey Mouse adventure or something from Kingdom Hearts. It's cool!

You also made some interesting monsters. However, I couldn't figure out what that was on the front of his torso; a spiked ball? Does the "-artic" in his name refer to "arctic" temperatures making him an ice/cold enemy?
At first, I though Doomrangle was a spin off of one of the Zelda II enemies (like Doomknocker or Doomraddle). Is he like a dark Triforce type of enemy?

By the way, with all this content you posted, did you personally want any of this put into ZC for a quest you're working on? (Just wondering.)

#10 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

In the RPG Maker 2 video, pause the screen when text comes up. I had to make it fast so that I could upload the video. The name Lunartic is meant to imply that the monster is a lunatic on the moon. The spiked ball thing on the front of him is a beam weapon. Doomrangle is a machine of sorts that is similar to a Patra and has the ability to hypnotize enemies.

Glad to hear that you liked my other stuff. I would be grateful if somebody like Cukeman, Alestance, or yourself could make classic-style graphics based on my drawings of buildings and enemies. I do intend to use some of my creations in a future quest. By the way, Music Shell can use his cello like a bow and arrow set and can play music that drives his enemies crazy.

What were your thoughts on the buildings I drew and the sounds I made? I would like to know what you thought of them.

#11 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:55 AM

Yeah, it wasn't until I had to wait for someone and I thought about it that I finally realized it was supposed to be a word play on lunar and lunatic. I was mispronouncing LUN-ar-tic as Lun-AR-tic. At least I know my error now.

I finally finished listening to all the sounds tonight. (I finally downloaded Audacity last night; I've been quite busy lately.)

You have some very clever sound effects! icon_smile.gif "Embrace the Light!" icon_lol.gif Nice one!
It was difficult to notice the changes between the original and the DX sounds, but I did notice some differences.

However, (I thought I'd give you constructive criticism here) if you want the Thieving Elder to be someone Link actively battles, you might need to shorten some of his sound effects because they could be cut off by Link striking him again or something. Just a suggestion.
Also, the Thieving Elder's "getting mad" voice sounds a bit higher than the others, more like a punk kid (no offense intended). I would suggest finding a way to say the same lines but with the low voice that is in the other Thieving Elder sounds.

I honestly wasn't sure about the tektite sounds, though. Probably because I'm just used to the way they sound in OoT. If you found a way to make those sounds yourself, that's quite impressive! icon_smile.gif
At first, the original Nolysounds "hurt" and "KO" sounds barely sounded different at all, but I think you fixed that with the DX versions.

If you're referring to the two recent building drawings, here's my dish on them. I think they're okay.
The one on the right (the lodge) reminded me of buildings in Final Fantasy 5, i.e. in the werewolf village. (If you're not familiar with the game, you need to know that werewolves are a friendly race, not monsters. That's where I got my avatar sprite.) If you haven't seen them, I suggest you check them out on Spriters Resource or another video game graphics website. You may find they are just like what you drew.
Anyway, the one on the left might stand out to me more if you implemented some kind of theme to the shrine (or identified what type of shrine it is).

By the way, I was thinking I could give you some friendly advice. You have a lot of good content, but if you want somebody to help you make stuff for your own quest, you might want to try narrowing it down. Others might not be posting here because they're used to people requesting one or two or three things per post, and when they see all the content you've posted they probably get overwhelmed and don't look at everything.
(If anyone else other than myself and Nolornbon is reading this, please reply because we could really use the input, even if you've only glanced at a few things.)
Anyway, my point is you need to choose which of all the elements you've thought of that you really want in your quest. Once you've done that, you can post a thread asking for help with creating specific sprites, etc. However, (I would advise) don't put all of them in a single thread. Start with the first ones that you want to work on; for example, if you are working on level 1 and Music Shell is a boss in level 5, wait until you get close to making level 5 to post asking for assistance with creating his sprites.
Hope this makes sense.

Anyway, I like your creativity. You have some neat ideas in this thread. Just try narrowing down which ones you definitely want in your own quest.

(By the way, I've had some ideas for sprites for Lunartic, but I'm already involved in 2 other side projects helping people besides working on my own quest. Maybe when I finish one or both of the side projects will I be free to work on these. Until then, I wasn't sure what exactly you wanted Lunartic to do, like walking around but halting while firing beams, or something else.)

#12 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

You comments and support are very much appreciated here, Lightwulf. You have proven that my custom sounds in the Nolysounds DX .zip file are not worthless. I will post the link to them again in the hopes that others will download and listen to them like you did.
Nolysounds DX

I have two more RPG Maker 2 videos to share. The first one shows a village I made, with all buildings having completed interiors this time. Read the description below the video's window to find out more.
RPG Maker 2 Kid Town
The second video proves that first person is possible in RPG Maker 2. Be sure to read the description below this video's window as well.
RPG Maker 2 First Person 1

I have heard your advice, Lightwulf. I was wondering why others would not post here. For the time being, I will ask if somebody could make a classic-tiles version of the building on the right in the image below. Me and other quest makers will be very grateful.
Castles Inspired By Drakkhen

Edited by Nolornbon, 13 October 2011 - 04:58 PM.

#13 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

I have gotten a new computer and can now download Gimp and Art Of Illusion for it. I can make rendered graphics again, but if somebody wishes to make NES versions of my drawings, that is fine. I will post previews of my rendered graphics based on those drawings in this topic. I will also make use of the Audacity program I downloaded for my new computer to put together a second group of custom sounds. The link to the upcoming sounds download will be in this topic. Below is the only rendered graphic I made before my previous computer died.
Stone Dungeon Entrance Again

I had a few doubts about my new computer's capabilities at first, due to the fact that it didn't run Sims 2 too well. It doesn't have much trouble with Sims 3, though. Still, I probably shouldn't max out the graphics options... My computer is an Aero and is very powerful (comes with Windows 7), but uses the NVidia GeForce 6150SE graphics card (though I installed updates from NVidia for the card.) I have heard about that card being poor in terms of performance, and yet my computer can run Sims 3 in modest graphics and in 1360x768 resolution. There is some lag in the game at times, but overall it performs quite well (better than Sims 2 did in my previous computer.) My computer has 1TB of internal memory and 4GB of RAM.

Be sure to check out the rest of this topic for things I made, especially my previous post here.

#14 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

You really did a good job on the 3D environments in your videos. I think the 1st-person view is a little hard to follow if you (meaning the viewer, like me) are not the one pressing the direction buttons, but there are good uses for it.
However, I didn't notice the TV's you said you made in the Kid Town one. At what point in the video were they at? Sometimes the movement of the character blurred/distorted the image so I couldn't make out everything that the character passed by.

Your stone entrance came out a bit small, but it looked interesting. I think there may be some smaller detail I couldn't make out because of the picture size, though.

Glad to hear you got the new computer! Hope it works out for you.

So, as for your request regarding making the castle entrance in classic, I have a few questions.
1. What perspective do you want it in - 2D (how your picture is drawn) or 3D (where you can see more of the roof as it lays out upward on the screen)?
2. How many tiles do you want it to take up? This makes a big difference in how someone makes it. The standard dungeon entrance is 3x2 (3 tiles wide by 2 tiles tall), making 6 tiles including the cave-up or cave-down combo. So what size do you want it?
3. Since your drawing lacks color, what colors would you consider it to have? I was imagining it with purples or blues. Is there any particular CSet you would like it in?

Just let me know. icon_smile.gif

#15 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

In the two houses with one floor and the big house with two floors, the TVs can be found. Look for white, boxlike objects with chairs in front of them. To anyone else reading this, I am referring to something I made in the RPG Maker 2 Kid Town video (the link to the video is in a previous post.)

I would prefer the castle to be drawn in 3D and to be 7 tiles wide and 4 tiles high. It also goes back about 4 tiles. The dome on the top is circular and has a diameter of 3 tiles. The castle should be gray with the dome and the ornaments being blue and the door being open (black.) Basically, it should be colored like Level 8 in the first quest of The Legend of Zelda (The Lion.) Proportions can be taken from the drawing. Show the graphic based on my drawing here and I will evaluate it. If all goes well, NES quests will have a new dungeon entrance.

I have made a second .zip file containing sounds I made. The link to it is below and the sounds can be played by Audacity (they are in the .ogg format to save space.) The link to Nolysounds DX is below as well and its sounds will also play in Audacity. The rules that apply to Nolysounds DX also apply to my new sound effects .zip.
Moblin And Others
Nolysounds DX

This is an update. I have made three new sounds. One is for Ganon and the other two are for Gohma. Same rules apply for these sounds (the rules are in the readme in Nolysounds DX.) Generally, don't use them for commercial purposes and credit me if you use them.
Even More Sounds (one for Ganon, two for Gohma)

Edited by Nolornbon, 20 October 2011 - 03:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users