• Please log in to reply
1785 replies to this topic

#31 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:18 AM

Ah...

Do you think you could also make a set of adults that aren't two tiles high?
The beauty of your people was that they were all the same size as our 16x16 Link, there are lots of places with good looking 32x16 character sprites plus Linkus made a really nice set already.

#32 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Nov 15 2009, 09:18 PM) View Post

Ah...

The beauty of your people was that they were all the same size as our 16x16 Link, there are lots of places with good looking 32x16 character sprites plus Linkus made a really nice set already.

Well the end result will most likely be a mix of both single tile sprites, and two title high sprites. What I am currently focusing on now is re-sizing most of the memorable Minish Cap characters, and it is nearly physically impossible to keep their features which make them memorable in a single tile.

I'm still going to make 16x16 sprites, but some bigger sprites will be mixed in as well. I plan to have re-created all the Pure sprites found in DoR, hopefully using their original 16x16 size. I also plan to have the MC sprites in their as well. This should cover most people's character needs.

#33 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:32 AM

The thing is that I'd consider Link to be a child, and if thats the case, and all the adults are the same size... there's something up.

Anyway, a generic set of characters would be nice, and I can edit them the rest of the way to suit my needs.

#34 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Nov 15 2009, 09:32 PM) View Post

The thing is that I'd consider Link to be a child, and if thats the case, and all the adults are the same size... there's something up.

Yeah that is the thing that makes this hard, not knowing how old people interpret Link to be. For example in my quest, Link is around 16. While in other peoples quests, Link is 11 or 12. And some people have their Link in his twenties.

So in my quest, Link is that same size as female adults, but smaller than most other male adults.

While in your quest, the main character may be smaller than most adults.

So its really hard to decide on how big to make them, so I'm making them in different sizes.

#35 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Nov 15 2009, 05:18 AM) View Post

Ah...

Was making a set... If you guys still want progress on this, I'm still looking for participation. They can be generic, and I did make a template of sorts to loosely follow, so it's up anyone who wants to give it a shot.

#36 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(jimmyb @ Nov 15 2009, 10:39 AM) View Post

Yeah that is the thing that makes this hard, not knowing how old people interpret Link to be. For example in my quest, Link is around 16. While in other peoples quests, Link is 11 or 12. And some people have their Link in his twenties.

So in my quest, Link is that same size as female adults, but smaller than most other male adults.

While in your quest, the main character may be smaller than most adults.

So its really hard to decide on how big to make them, so I'm making them in different sizes.

Well, my argument would be that people's heights really aren't portrayed too well in 2D video games. Have a look at any of the GB Zeldas (possibly including Minish Cap, but not if it doesn't prove my point =P) - all of the NPCs give or take a few were the same size, because that standard square size will be the most easily supported size by other systems as well as our beloved ZC.

QUOTE(Linkus @ Nov 15 2009, 04:01 PM) View Post

Was making a set... If you guys still want progress on this, I'm still looking for participation. They can be generic, and I did make a template of sorts to loosely follow, so it's up anyone who wants to give it a shot.

Oh right, I thought you finished it.

#37 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

I say whatever looks the best! (and having a 1x1 Link with a 1x2 world doesn't look that good... icon_heh.gif)

Anyhow, this forum is for everybody, right? Well, I have something that'll-- well, probably not do too much to you, but I still made them custom! Check 'em out!

IPB Image

If there's one thing that the classic set needs, it's trees. (and dungeon tiles, but ah well, maybe later icon_razz.gif)

Any constructive comments? I'm very open to them!

=== • EDIT • ===
I changed the last tree a bit...
IPB Image

Edited by AgentLym, 16 November 2009 - 05:54 PM.

#38 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Whoah, those are some pretty nice trees there. Definatly nice to see some new trees for the classic set. Very nicely done! icon_smile.gif

#39 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

Thanks a bunches! ^^

Oh, and Linkus, loving those dungeon tiles! I wish I could use them... lol icon_heh.gif

#40 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

Awesome trees there.Also, you might want to change the dreadlock-tree base tree on the right.

#41 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I realized that a little after I uploaded the image, but I didn't feel motivated enough to post a new one... until now! UPDATE!! icon_biggrin.gif

IPB Image

I'm still open to comments! icon_heh.gif

=== • EDIT • ===

888th post! :O

Edited by AgentLym, 17 November 2009 - 07:00 PM.

#42 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Those small ones are awesome! They really look like smaller versions of the big ones.

#43 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

IPB Image

4x6 tree... still needs a little bit of work, but for the most part, it's complete.

Edited by Nuvo, 22 November 2009 - 07:40 PM.

#44 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

DO WANT.
Seriously, Noov, nice job there. It looks like it ahs that dark, sorta almost Secret of Evermore look.

#45 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

Nuvo, this is just amazing. I would love to be able to do that... How much time did you put into this piece of art?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users